• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet area effects and special abilities

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played around with auro of nausea, explosive goo, and inferno. I had my pet attack another player, and these abilities almost never went off. i never saw inferno, i saw nausea twice in a 5 minute attack, and i saw explosive goo 3 times in about 5 minutes.

Is there a prerequisite for them to work?

i also noticed, i gave a cusidhe mysticism and it used it freqently, but when i gave it mystic and inferno, it only casted spells few and far between.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Inferno looks like a Flamestrike when it hits. It does some Fire damage, and reduces the victim's Fire Resist by 1/4th. The more Magic/Abilities/Moves you give the pet, the less it will use any single one of them, since it has a bigger pool of abilities to spend it's Mana on. It diversifies what it decides to spend Mana on. Give a pet nothing but Armor Ignore, and it'll spam the hell out of AI. Give it Frenzied Whirlwind as well, and it'll cast AI half as often as it did before. Then give it Mysticism, and it has a wide range of spells/abilities to choose from, so the chance of an AI being chosen is much smaller.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno if it's that or not. Like a rune beetle, if you are not next to it it'll Magery cast like crazy, and if you are enxt to it you will get bled and rune corruption. When I used these moves together I could run the cu in circles and see very little mysticism.
Then when it got close to me I would get bled, but almost never saw the area or special ability. It almost made me think it was like canceling itself out or overcasting or something. It had at or near full Mana, just wasn't doing anything