• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Permanent Additions?

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new faction artifacts and items, are these permanent fixtures in factions now?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi, is there ever any chance that you will extend faction PvP into trammel?

Technically - it would be consensual PvP since they consented to joining factions.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi. Is there any plans to actually fix the all the bugs that have been around for years and is there any plans to put the balancer back in so everyone can't join one faction?

P

Phyrra

Draconi, is there ever any chance that you will extend faction PvP into trammel?

Technically - it would be consensual PvP since they consented to joining factions.
Gonna be honest.. While this would semi be cool.. I know I myself (including my guild) are active roleplayers who enjoy PvP occasionally. That being the case, we go to trammel to avoid any interruptions so I don't think it such a good idea. And yes, go ahead and laugh at us.. But some of us enjoy doing more than PvPing or PvMing 24/7. So I really hope this never comes in. I don't mind getting killed if I'm AFK or not paying attention in Fel.. because those are the standards, but when I'm in trammel it's sort of a safe zone and a place to take a break from the loud mouthed kids and hacks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna be honest.. While this would semi be cool.. I know I myself (including my guild) are active roleplayers who enjoy PvP occasionally. That being the case, we go to trammel to avoid any interruptions so I don't think it such a good idea. And yes, go ahead and laugh at us.. But some of us enjoy doing more than PvPing or PvMing 24/7. So I really hope this never comes in. I don't mind getting killed if I'm AFK or not paying attention in Fel.. because those are the standards, but when I'm in trammel it's sort of a safe zone and a place to take a break from the loud mouthed kids and hacks.
Problem solved easily enough, don't join factions on your RPer and don't go afk on your factioner.

P

Phyrra

Problem solved easily enough, don't join factions on your RPer and don't go afk on your factioner.
My RPer is my PvPer.. Believe it or not RPers do PvP outside of factions and I personally don't like trying to gear up a bunch of chars. I have a life outside of this game, unlike some, and it means me going AFK occasionally. I deal with the consequences while I am in Fel. Trammel was put in for a reason, and while I disliked seeing Fel die so much.. At times for someone like me who has to randomly deal with RL things it is a nice place to be. Factions would only put it back to how it was pretty much.

Problem solved.. Leave it how it is. The invasions are fun enough of an addition to factions. Not to mention, factions have actually been working together in the invasions. Having Factions in Trammel would make that really difficult. I think even some of my enemy factioneers would agree on that.

A

Altec

They should of never add tram in the first place what they should of done is made pvp a option. Anyone that wants to pvp joins one of the 4 factions. To go into champ spawns areas you must be in a faction. Faction safe areas would be towns not consider faction towns.

The benefit for people not joining factions is you are not a target.

And stat loss is something everyone should suffer from. No matter what kills you. There should be some penelty for death.

This would of made factions more popular in the first place. Why divide worlds, just give people diffrent options.

Factions would only put it back to how it was pretty much.
I don't know if you know this or not but most of us would prefer the old uo to this one.

Naked PVP for the WIN!!!!!

P

Phyrra

They should of never add tram in the first place what they should of done is made pvp a option. Anyone that wants to pvp joins one of the 4 factions. To go into champ spawns areas you must be in a faction. Faction safe areas would be towns not consider faction towns.

The benefit for people not joining factions is you are not a target.

And stat loss is something everyone should suffer from. No matter what kills you. There should be some penelty for death.

This would of made factions more popular in the first place. Why divide worlds, just give people diffrent options.

I don't know if you know this or not but most of us would prefer the old uo to this one.

Naked PVP for the WIN!!!!!
Believe me, I would too at times. I used to love running around naked with just a spear with my guild in towns doing wars. But like I said, some people do enjoy more to the game than just PvP. I'm torn on both parts. I do think to a point that they should have made PvP an option.. Sort of like they do on some servers in WoW and of course in each side's major cities. I was one of those people who refused to step into Tram for a long time, except to go to Brit if I needed to sell/buy something. :p

But I don't see them taking trammel away, ever. There are too many people who enjoy it's safety, and while that has killed Fel badly, it's also kept the number of people who play from dwindling to absolutely nothing, more so than it is now.

W

wastedruin

well said we do neeed a time out zone

P

Phyrra

Thanks.. I think most adults in this game, as heavy as they might be into PvP enjoy the fact that they have a place to go occasionally to get away. I know I do. It's one thing that has kept me returning to this game over and over. I love PvP.. But jesus.. Even I can only handle so much of the immature crap that goes on. I have children... Dealing with them daily is almost the same as half of the people I deal with in PvP. Actually no.. My 6 year old shows more intelligence.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd definitly love to see the balancer put back in... lol

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The issue with the "balancer" has always been trammies joining, and then never coming back to fel. I think this holds more true today, and would be really unfair to TB, since we're the one that get the entire guilds of them.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the bigger problem is the people who joined over the years and then let there accounts go inactive.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to enable factions on all facets. Sucks that all the trammies now join factions just to get all the new gear and never pvp.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to enable factions on all facets. Sucks that all the trammies now join factions just to get all the new gear and never pvp.
Since they joined factions and had to click "Ok" they have consented to PvP. I agree with your opinion.

B

Balian of Asgard

I also agree.
dont they require to make some kills in order to wear stormgrps, fey and rbc?
if not, thats bs to join and never contribute. It was ok when you could be faction killed in tram, cuz if you wanna bank sit, get ona mule

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to malas or tokuno.

I think if factions are going to affect events in Trammel, then there should be faction pvp there. If you dont want to risk dieing in trammel, then dont join factions. Not exactly rocket science here. If you want to do both, log your char before you go afk.

Second, they need to put the balance in again. Then they need to open the old Minax base in Papua and name it the Carebears Faction so all trammies can join until the balance is met.

I believe most people have multi accounts so all they have to do is join a char or two in the opposite faction for points.

In the best interest of factions, they need to end the invasion immediately. I'm sure the carebears have farmed all they've wanted anyways.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if not, thats bs to join and never contribute. It was ok when you could be faction killed in tram, cuz if you wanna bank sit, get ona mule
The fey and rbc are rank 1. So everyone in the game can just join factions and go to tram and use them and have absolutely no consequences or risk. All you got to do is buy the faction repair **** and you'll never have to show your face in tram again.

Also like Bere said, you can farm points and wear any of them.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA has done what it always has, implement changes without realizing the damage they are doing to the game. They call for a Faction Focus Group, but do not listen to those that are true factioneers, such as Cardell and others. I believe they rush these changes, even when they are told about bugs or problems within the game, they just go ahead with the publish, so they can stay on schedule.

This event has change the way factions are being done, one faction (TB on Great Lakes) is so greatly outnumbered, that most won't even help defend or raid. Whole guilds join factions, just for the items and like everyone has stated they have no effort put into factions, just farm silver and points from other accts., and back to trammel they go.

People are racking up points by stealing the sigils and storing them to other characters plus with the bonus for killing opposing factions, http://town.uo.com/factions/ I am simply blown away by these point numbers.

Few suggestion that could really help atm: End the invasion asap or change the timer to 6 hour guard and 1 days to corrupt, give us a break! The timer as it stands isn't doing much good anyways, they kill off the invading monsters so fast, that the timer is useless.

Put Order and Chaos within the factions for Tram, you already have the basis for Good and Evil, these should go hand in hand. Order being COM and TB and Chaos Minax and Shadowlords, make those that want to be in faction, have a risk as well as reward.

Put caps on the amount of points one character can have, come on 600 points on one character, give me a break! Change the points for a thief to 1 point instead of 10, keep giving us silver!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you call trammies who join factions just for the new gear with no intentions of ever going into fel other than to farm silver......a tramvestite (from UO tram and Latin vestire to clothe).

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call them pieces of ****..
On LS, we call them figments of all your imaginations.

What I do see on LS, however, are Fellies who had no interest in Factions joining up solely for the gear.

No insulting term for those?

I really don't know where you all get the idea that it's Trammel players who do this....Doesn't really sound like us at all. It's mostly your fellow Fellies who are gung ho for the uber gear.

-Galen's player

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no problem with reds or blues that PVP in fel joining factions in order to get the gear. At least they are in Fel doing something, and if you don't like it, join factions yourself and put them in stat loss.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What I do see on LS, however, are Fellies who had no interest in Factions joining up solely for the gear.

I really don't know where you all get the idea that it's Trammel players who do this....Doesn't really sound like us at all. It's mostly your fellow Fellies who are gung ho for the uber gear.

-Galen's player
You are missing the point. Trammies hide in trammel. The people who are in fel at least fight. Whether its at the base or not it doesn't matter. At least they are there to fight.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are missing the point. Trammies hide in trammel. The people who are in fel at least fight. Whether its at the base or not it doesn't matter. At least they are there to fight.
I agree, these are the people that should be targeted to join factions anyways. Not those that join and hide in trammel.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Galen's player

Whats up? Run out of horrible ideas to post on Uhall so you had to come post on the faction forums?