• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Perm orange have to go, it hurt the wrong target

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry I was referencing production shards mostly. I should have noted that.

The overall point I am making is to not let exaggerations influence an impact to the system more than it has to be. Devs base a lot of decisions off this forum and there is no need to lead them in another direction just because it didnt benefit a certain play type.

Siege has its own circumstances which overall the fix will probably impact every shard nit just siege.

I hope this is morr clear.
There are zero exaggerations here. On production shards, crafters simply can't risk using VvV towns now, not when they can become easy victims the second guards get turned off. It's even worse on Siege, where there are no fixes being proposed so far. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I can only surmise that you in fact want it like this so you might be able to find easy victims once in a while. Clearly you're no crafter.

You claim, "Devs base a lot of decisions off this forum..." And that's why they had a closed focus group, and why the complaints about the ruination of VvV towns for non-VvVers have gone unaddressed?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not miss the point that is what we are discussing to begin with.

It takes some carelessness to become orange in an active Vvv city.

But as stated before, Im certain this will be fixed bit hopefully not by removing it entirely. Because then its a detriment to those it was designed for over a few crafters claiming its the end of uo for them.

Siege players at least have a reasonable argument there.
"Carelessness"? So you want to blame victims now? And how many times must you be told that it is not about turning orange, but the simple fact of the guard zone being turned off?

You haven't even read what I proposed to fix this, and quite automatically. You're too busy trolling, despite what you might accuse anyone else of being, to even address others' solutions.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please bring Factions back to siege. VvV was mildly entertaining for a few minutes, but is in no way comparable to Factions. Even in its broken state, Factions was still fun and was my favorite part of the game. I want it back.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Start from the top? You never even started.

Which is unacceptable.

Nobody ever said "any town." But all the VvV cities are now off-limits because at any point they could turn into Chicago or Detroit on a Saturday night.

And yes, people can recall out, you just cant recall in.
How many times do I have to tell you that any red coming in, or a blue with counts to spare, can pick off any crafter that hasn't gotten out yet? In fact, since a crafter might be carrying uninsured hammers, he's a rational target.

This isn't even talking about Siege, where gee, wonderful, a crafter might find himself in the middle of a war zone, only to run out of town and get killed by VvVers anyway.

That's because your side is completely irrational and ignores plain fact of the ramifications. You want to stick your head in the sand and think everything's fine, when on production shards it's bad enough.

So you claim. So what? You talk about "credible" when there's no reason to believe you'd log in even for a second. You still don't even know what the availability of Felucca NPCs means to BOB bribers, let alone what the loss of many of them has done to BOB bribing.

How laughable, when you are the one getting fisked at every turn, and all you're doing is blabbing in circles. Are you just Sibble's sock puppet that you call me a "troll" for this?

It's clear you didn't read Freja's posts. Do you really need me to make that link for you, since it's so hard for you to find your way?

I already have, but you keep choosing to ignore it.

VvV starts in a town. A crafter tries to get out right away, but a red just said "Fel ____ mint" and catches the crafter at the bank. To prevent against these, crafters can no longer risk using any cities that are VvV, restricting the number of NPCs they use for bribing.

Turning orange doesn't even matter. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

The current system gives adequate warning with the exception of crystal portals. This can be easily fixed without trashing people becoming orange.

Insults? If you feel "insulted," then kindly go back to whatever non-UO game you're playing, because I have to wonder if you even play this one.[/QUOTE]

Ok let me explain your posts to you. This is in regards to prodo shards. Anytime anyone goes to fel they risk being attacked. In Vvv a blue would not take counts, they'd all be orange. This right here should be enough to prove that you're exaggerating but ill continue to humor you.

Siege aside, the system is not meant to cater to trammel players, crafters etc. And why should it? Its in fel and is a pvp system. Is 4 facets not enough for them? They have to take over fel and try to nerf a system designed for pvp?

For you serious bribers, it is not much or hard for the matter to go to a different city that isnt active. Heaven forbid we inconvenience a crafter for a bit in one city. I kniw its hard to ask since you think everything should benefit you without regards to pvp.

I have been doing the system since test center and i know this is not unreasonable.

Either way you've based your argument on crafters using crystal portal. Its a weak argument at best.

But your post was what I had already expected. Im not sure why you're all worked up, but maybe you should step away for a bit. Let the blood flow back to your brain.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"Carelessness"? So you want to blame victims now? And how many times must you be told that it is not about turning orange, but the simple fact of the guard zone being turned off?

You haven't even read what I proposed to fix this, and quite automatically. You're too busy trolling, despite what you might accuse anyone else of being, to even address others' solutions.

I already addressed it(my fix) a while ago but then again, you didnt read my posts.

Again anyone in the city when guards are off turn orange. So yeah, it is about turning orange.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@FrejaSP I would like to apologize for both myself and zog for hijacking your thread. This wasn't intentional. Sorry.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Petra Fyde is it possible to clean this thread up. Feel free to delete any or all of my posts. I dont want it to detur frejasp thread.

Thanks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Please bring Factions back to siege. VvV was mildly entertaining for a few minutes, but is in no way comparable to Factions. Even in its broken state, Factions was still fun and was my favorite part of the game. I want it back.
VvV is still new, not done yet, What would it take to make it fun?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@FrejaSP I would like to apologize for both myself and zog for hijacking your thread. This wasn't intentional. Sorry.
I know, Zog can be hard to stop when he first get started. I don't blame any of you, you both care for the game.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I already addressed it(my fix) a while ago but then again, you didnt read my posts.
"A while ago" means not in this thread, which I've read. I'm not about to search, so give me a link or shut up.

Again anyone in the city when guards are off turn orange. So yeah, it is about turning orange.
You turn orange after half a minute, but even if you're still blue, any VvV red can attack with impunity. And that's just ridiculous.

Do you even understand the dynamics of this new system? Good lord.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok let me explain your posts to you. This is in regards to prodo shards. Anytime anyone goes to fel they risk being attacked. In Vvv a blue would not take counts, they'd all be orange. This right here should be enough to prove that you're exaggerating but ill continue to humor you.
It was never that someone anywhere in Felucca can get attacked, except in Richard Garriott's original concept of UO. Why were guard zones kept around after Trammel was introduced, pray tell?

You still discount all the VvV reds that can happen on a blue who hasn't yet turned orange, then kill him just for the fun of it, even if he has no loot. I keep fisking every last thing you say, but you can't even quote me properly.

Siege aside, the system is not meant to cater to trammel players, crafters etc. And why should it? Its in fel and is a pvp system. Is 4 facets not enough for them? They have to take over fel and try to nerf a system designed for pvp?
Good lord, so in your warped thinking, "Fel" means "PvPers only"? Do you even play the game?

For you serious bribers, it is not much or hard for the matter to go to a different city that isnt active. Heaven forbid we inconvenience a crafter for a bit in one city. I kniw its hard to ask since you think everything should benefit you without regards to pvp.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that when there are fewer bribe-receiving NPCs available, the gold demanded will go up, and there's an increased likelihood of an NPC being bribed out?

Most Felucca NPCs are now off-limits to any crafter that doesn't want to be caught as fresh meat. That's it. Why you can't understand this is beyond me.

I have been doing the system since test center and i know this is not unreasonable.
The system was hardly fleshed out on Test, so your insinuation "I know what I'm talking about and it's fine" is what's unreasonable.

Either way you've based your argument on crafters using crystal portal. Its a weak argument at best.
Really. You must not be doing any VvV, either, because everyone is using crystal portals to get into town right away.

But your post was what I had already expected. Im not sure why you're all worked up, but maybe you should step away for a bit. Let the blood flow back to your brain.
What a non-response response, just like the "u mad bro?" tripe when someone has no reply.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It was never that someone anywhere in Felucca can get attacked, except in Richard Garriott's original concept of UO. Why were guard zones kept around after Trammel was introduced, pray tell?

You still discount all the VvV reds that can happen on a blue who hasn't yet turned orange, then kill him just for the fun of it, even if he has no loot. I keep fisking every last thing you say, but you can't even quote me properly.

Good lord, so in your warped thinking, "Fel" means "PvPers only"? Do you even play the game?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that when there are fewer bribe-receiving NPCs available, the gold demanded will go up, and there's an increased likelihood of an NPC being bribed out?

Most Felucca NPCs are now off-limits to any crafter that doesn't want to be caught as fresh meat. That's it. Why you can't understand this is beyond me.

The system was hardly fleshed out on Test, so your insinuation "I know what I'm talking about and it's fine" is what's unreasonable.

Really. You must not be doing any VvV, either, because everyone is using crystal portals to get into town right away.

What a non-response response, just like the "u mad bro?" tripe when someone has no reply.

Please see my post I tagged you in. Thanks.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know, Zog can be hard to stop when he first get started. I don't blame any of you, you both care for the game.
I actually care about the whole game, which includes the new denial of most of Felucca to crafters that needed the NPCs. I always went to Felucca towns first for bribing BODs, and now it's limited because I'm not about to equip my crafters in Protection and full armor.

"Felucca" does not mean "PvPers only," no matter how many other facets there are.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@FrejaSP I have checked the 'thread readers' list and can confirm that the persons you most wanted to read this thread have read it. I am therefore now going to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.