• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People who use the term IBTL.....

O

Ole Cheapy

Don't you know that this term is in fact what makes a mod lock the thread? Think about it for a few seconds.....

A

Alrich

oo new dancing lock emoticon :)

usually youll see people start saying it after an already blatant thread locking post, like personal attacks...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because we all know mods pay attention to chat abbreviations before actual posting content, and are compelled to act on them! :p

-Skylark

O

Ole Cheapy

Because we all know mods pay attention to chat abbreviations before actual posting content, and are compelled to act on them! :p

-Skylark
Rather you meant to be or not, you are exactly right. I have seen many many threads that are "borderline" lockable, and the mods allow them to say unlocked, but as sonn as someone come into the thread and say *IBTL*, the mod's subconscious mind takes over and the thread is immediately locked. If you don't believe me just browse through some of the archives and review some of the locked threads.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Florida, eh?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
Yuppers, just another morning in paradise! :D

@Cheapy: I think you are assuming a cause and effect that probably isn't there...as mentioned, people typically only start tossing out "IBTL" when a thread is blatantly starting to break the RoC or getting "iffy" and even a casual observer can see it. Just because a mod also notes the trend at the same time doesn't necessarily mean they were influenced by seeing "IBTL" before they actually clicked the lock. The trigger is most likely the trend of the thread itself.

I will grant that a larger thread with the last post as "IBTL" will probably attract more than a casual glance at the preceding posts from a busy mod sifting through threads if they haven't been following what was said closely.

-Skylark