• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peerless mana problems

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Took down Dreadhorn last night using my swords sampire and accompanied by a spellweaving tamer friend, but without Gift of Life I wouldn't have this huge toadstool in my living room. I died a handful of times, he and his GD the same. The problem for me, as it has been for other peerless, is mana. Even with the expectation that mana would be an issue, I had close to none the entire fight. No CW, no DF. It was pitiful. This is a problem I also had fighting Travesty with two tamers using GDs and a Whammy.

Suit with weap is (5x studded, mace and shield, cojurer's garb and trinket, despicable quiver,crimson,corgul's, and Guild of Assassin's is being run by Yew on Atl right now):
All 70's in vamp form
45 HCI
25 DCI
35 SSI
100 DI
2/6 FC/FCR
23 LMC
6/15/5 HP/Stam/Mana Regen

And stats are (no pots/buffs):
135 HP
183 Stam
65 Mana

Skills are:
120 Swords/Bushido
105 Tactics
100 Resist/Necro/Parry
75 Chiv

So, what needs to change to deal with my mana problems? I was using a double axe, and dealt with curse using apples (no real mana for reliable Remove Curse). I also used refresh pots and agility pots.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How much of that mana comes from int? 10? 20? 30?
Remember that Dreadhorn has an aura that causes every stat to drop by 20 points, to a minimum of 10.
That could have hurt your mana and probably hurt your swing speed, causing you to hit him less often and leech less mana too. Also, did you at least managed to cast Enemy of One to increase your damage against Dreadhorn?

Edit:
Also, 23 LMC WON'T cut it. Get it to 40 to take advantage of the 15 free LMC that studded gives you.
You were using way too much mana to do anything with 38 LMC (23 + 15).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Tell us about your weapon. I suspect that may be a large culprit. I think your mans pool is sufficient but strongly encourage you to have 40+ LMC. With 5 studded leather pieces you can have up to 55 LMC. Also, does your template have 300 skill points that qualify you for the weapon special -10 mana reduction?

So there are certainly things we can look at to help you improve. Congrats on the mushroom. Trust me, that mushroom will evoke more positive memories in the future than a less epic battle.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately I didn't get the honor as the GD attacked right off the bat. I was able to cast EoO but wasn't able to keep it running the entire time (took a while to get him down).
My base stats are 105/125/25 STR/DEX/INT.
Four studded pieces have one imbued resist, 5HCI, Stam 8, Mana 8, HP 5. One has a second resist in place of the HP boost.
Jewlery is:
DI 25/ FC1/ FCR3/ HCI15
DI 25/ FC1/ FCR3/ DEX 2

Should I knock down to 2/4 FC/FCR and drop the DEX on one of the jewels for LMC? or what ought to get cut on the suit?

edit: Between Swords/Bushido/Tactics I'm well above the 300 mark. All skills are "real", none on suit.

Weapon stats (I brought a few and there wasn't much discernable difference in damage)
All double axes
Demon Slayer/ Hit Fire Area 50%/ HML 62/ SSI30/ DI40 (in my pack from Doom runs)
HLA50/ Hit Cold Area 50/ SSI 30/ DI40/ Cold Damage 100 (used this against Irk)
HSL50/HLA50/HLL62/HML30/SSI30 (made this for DH)

And thanks for this input, it means alot to me.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would get rid of the 2/6 and look to get that LMC to 40, can I ask why you are running the 2/6? Is that right for all the regens? I think that might be a issue, the leech from the weapon should make up for the need to regen.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I went with the 2/6 because there were times when my stamina would get really sapped and I'd cast DF twice to get back up to speed--perhaps I'm using the spell incorrectly. I also use Curse Weapon. TBH, I haven't experimented with the FC/FCR much. Would I get rid of it altogether though? I can do two new jewels and knab 18 pts of LMC. That opens a slot on each, and I'll still need to be taking some stats off the suit. Stam is sitting around 180--maybe I take away a bit of HP?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
To have mana you need do damage. To do damage you need use special moves. To use special move you need to have mana. To have mana you need do damage.

1. Honor Dreadhorn.
2. Get 75+ HML on your weapon.
3. Get 40 LMC

If you can't use special move on each swing you do something wrong.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Four studded pieces have one imbued resist, 5HCI, Stam 8, Mana 8, HP 5. One has a second resist in place of the HP boost.
Why do you use four 5 HPI mods while you need just 15 HPI (+10 from crimson)?
Why do you use six resist mods while you need just three imbued resist to get max resists?

Get 8 LMC from each armor piece in the first turn.
Probably
3 pieces: 5 HCI, 8 LMC, 8 SI, 8 MI, 5 HPI
2 pieces: 5 HCI, 8 LMC, 8 SI, 8 MI, 15 resist

And get some resist from jewels.
1/6 FC/FCR is better than 2/4 FC/FCR.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not wanting to turn this thread in to a crafting thread, I've started to ask my how-to questions in the craftsman forum if you'd like to follow along. I'll return to this thread to let you know how my battles with DH are progressing once I get the suit together.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went with the 2/6 because there were times when my stamina would get really sapped and I'd cast DF twice to get back up to speed--perhaps I'm using the spell incorrectly. I also use Curse Weapon. TBH, I haven't experimented with the FC/FCR much. Would I get rid of it altogether though? I can do two new jewels and knab 18 pts of LMC. That opens a slot on each, and I'll still need to be taking some stats off the suit. Stam is sitting around 180--maybe I take away a bit of HP?
25% DCI on a Sampire is low. Using Divine Fury to refresh your Stamina, drops DCI even further by about 10%, making you get hit more often. The more often you get hit, the more Stam you lose, the more you use DF to restore it. It feeds into itself. Boost your DCI up to 45%, and you shouldn't be getting hit/taking Stam damage as frequently, which will allow the Stam Leech on your wep to keep you topped off.
Only need 2 FC for Curse Weapon casts, FCR is a waste with it. Curse Weapon doesn't do much without Spirit Speak though, except for lower your Karma.
Don't use Demon Slayer against Dreadhorn, he's considered Fey, so he'll deal double damage to you while you wield a Demon Slayer. The Defiler of Virtue tears Dreadhorn apart, but doesn't have Stam/Mana Leech on it, so you'll want him to be locked on something else if you use it.

Last edited: