• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC on 120 Smith PS on Atl

Z

Ziane

Any idea how much a 120 Smith PS sells for on Atl these days?

Zi

Z

Ziane

*shameless bump*

No ideas? What about on other shards? I'm just looking for a ballpark figure to see whether I can be bothered to get the LBOD together to do this, or if I should take the easy way out and buy the scroll... :)

Zi

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure how much they sell for on Atlantic, but they tend to sell for about 200-250k on Lake Austin (which in terms of population is about the opposite extreme from Atlantic).

Do note that most existing stockpiles of 120 Smith BODs probably got turned in for points during the cleaning.

Because some people are greedy bastards and don't know how to price BODs, many places (especially Luna) have vendors charging almost that much per small BOD for the set, as for the reward, which is insane. (sorta like how many of the taint-requiring items sell for the same or less than 1/10 the taint used to make them)

I personally only charge 5k or 10k per small, and for the large - after all, for the three most common larges that give a 120 PS, the filling smith is gonna have to have a MINIMUM of 2k Shadow ingots, or 1000 or 1500 Copper ingots - and that's if all items made are 100% exceptional (which would take using a hefty ash as well as a talisman).

However, that said, the smalls are pretty darn common from BOD runs, and if you can find someone with the BODs priced reasonably (no more than 30k per) you should go that route, if only because (if you aren't to your current cap yet) you can GAIN SKILL filling it, and will be getting part of the gold back in the reward. If you have most of the BODs already for a set, buying 1 or 2 to complete would still be in your best interest, as long as they cost less than 100k.

Z

Ziane

Thanks, much appreciated. I had a rummage through my LBOD's last night, and it turns out I haved a couple with only one SBOD missing. Guess I'll go down that route, providing I can find them at a reasonable-ish price :)

Cheers again for your help!

Zi