• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poisoning] path to gm poisoning via mastery

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have not seen this posted anywhere, however, as I trained my would be poisoner, my experiences in training my bard via bard masteries came to mind and, sure enough, the same works for poisoning skill.

For purposes of training, I used a maximum MR and MI suit, along w/ 120 meditation and focus; this set up optimizes your ability to run this method, however, max MR and meditation are sufficient.

So, how exactly does one train poisoning via mastery? First, one cannot begin until having reached 90 skill. This is the minimum skill at which the poisoning masteries may be used. Once at 90 skill, don the max MR suit and use the Tolerance poisoning mastery. A macro can be made to look like this:

use skill/ cast spell
pause
use
skill/ cast spell
pause

This macro runs for 3 seconds a pop, performing a skill check (a chance to gain) each time it is run, as opposed to waiting 10 seconds per skill check via the traditional method of training (applying poison). Another benefit is that you will not need any potions, kegs or anything else (other than a way to maintain high level mana regeneration).

Good luck.

buymycrap

Adventurer
I have not seen this posted anywhere, however, as I trained my would be poisoner, my experiences in training my bard via bard masteries came to mind and, sure enough, the same works for poisoning skill.

For purposes of training, I used a maximum MR and MI suit, along w/ 120 meditation and focus; this set up optimizes your ability to run this method, however, max MR and meditation are sufficient.

So, how exactly does one train poisoning via mastery? First, one cannot begin until having reached 90 skill. This is the minimum skill at which the poisoning masteries may be used. Once at 90 skill, don the max MR suit and use the Tolerance poisoning mastery. A macro can be made to look like this:

use skill/ cast spell
pause
use
skill/ cast spell
pause

This macro runs for 3 seconds a pop, performing a skill check (a chance to gain) each time it is run, as opposed to waiting 10 seconds per skill check via the traditional method of training (applying poison). Another benefit is that you will not need any potions, kegs or anything else (other than a way to maintain high level mana regeneration).

Good luck.
nice

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for this ! I just did this from 90 today.

I did change it just a little (using UO Assist):

Wait until mana is 30 or greater
Use skill/Cast spell
Pause 500

I also used a MR/Int/Mana suite with 100 Meditation Skill on the character and partied with a 4xLegendary Bard running Resiliance.

Only took a couple of hours.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

use skill/ cast spell
pause
use
skill/ cast spell
pause

Good luck.
Some small emendations.

The best way to run this method is w/ max MR (30) and Meditation (120); anything less and the 3 seconds per cycle speed cannot be maintained. That said, adjusting the second pause value on the macro allows for greater time, i.e., for making room for less than optimal gear/ skill; in all cases, the idea is to make sure that one returns to the same value of mana one began with prior to beginning a new cycle.

Still works like a charm.