• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch size...

G

guum

Are the patch sizes we've been getting representative of what's going to be the norm in SA? Cause I gotta say, even though they are smaller than KR patches, they're still ginormous. 230MB takes about 15 minutes on my hard-wired broadband connection, and that's acceptable, but when I had a flaky wireless connection, it would have taken me 2-3 hours to patch up. And the system requirements list a 56k modem as acceptable to play...230 MB @ 56k is the better part of a day.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a beta there are more frequent and larger patches than normal because of the amount of changes, especially to art files.

B

Beastmaster

Because of the way the file contents have been organized you can expect large patches anytime they tweak even the smallest detail in artwork/animation. So you could say all these threads begging for graphics changes are also begging for huge patches.