• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch Error

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything was working fine with the SA client, but now when I try and run it, nothing happens for 30 seconds or so then I get the message:

"Patch Error! The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operatio again in a short while."

When I ok this (the only option) the SA client screen then flashes up for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

Any ideas? Im running Windows XP Pro (SP£) and the UO classic client patches and runs fine.

Thanks in advance.

K

Krib

Iv been trying to log for more than one hour. UOherald is down as well.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read that if you go into the SA folder and launch the UOSA exe from there then you can bypass the patcher and get into the game. Just tried it and it works.

K

Krib

I read that if you go into the SA folder and launch the UOSA exe from there then you can bypass the patcher and get into the game. Just tried it and it works.
Iv just tried and................woot it works fine.

Thanks a lot Siteswap.

W

wolffin

Everything was working fine with the SA client, but now when I try and run it, nothing happens for 30 seconds or so then I get the message:

"Patch Error! The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operatio again in a short while."

When I ok this (the only option) the SA client screen then flashes up for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

Any ideas? Im running Windows XP Pro (SP£) and the UO classic client patches and runs fine.

Thanks in advance.
if you delete the file uopatch.bin it fixes the problem and game launches with no problem

T

truth10k

I just tried deleting the uopatch.bin file and still get the same error. If I go into Explorer and launch the UOSA, it loads.

Is this a UO/EA problem?

As a temporary fix it works, is there something needing to be done on the client side, or is it all on the server side?