• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patch 88 and Reforging

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So, listed in the bug fixes budget is this nugget: "Fixed issue with Runic Reforging budgets being incorrect."

Wonder what this means... maybe this will let us, again, forge 150 luck with copper hammers?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, listed in the bug fixes budget is this nugget: "Fixed issue with Runic Reforging budgets being incorrect."

Wonder what this means... maybe this will let us, again, forge 150 luck with copper hammers?
I hope so. I was trying to get some 150 luck parts using a horned kit on leather yesterday and max I got was 140. I hope this publish gets everything back to normal.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I suspect it will go back to how it was before Publish 86 changed it inadvertently. That is good news for those of us trying to reforge 150 luck pieces!

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope so. I was trying to get some 150 luck parts using a horned kit on leather yesterday and max I got was 140. I hope this publish gets everything back to normal.
How do you get luck on leather. I've been trying with a spined kit since it's the only on that pops the fortune package. Just go with powerful and cross fingers?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I burned through 100 attempts and didn't pull 150 luck on anything. I think the highest was 140, and it only happened once. That's a bunch of horned kits.
I burnt 30 charges and had the same results. I'm gonna save the rest of my kits until after the patch.

guyatlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I havnt tried copper hammers, but I have no issues making luck suits with leather. Ive made quite a few in the last 2 months, most recent last week. With horned kits. Of course it takes a few charges to make but i dont expect max luck to be easily obtainable either.

For those of you having issues with leather, try horned kit, no power, 1st 3 artifices Auspicious or fortune and towering of defense.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havnt tried copper hammers, but I have no issues making luck suits with leather. Ive made quite a few in the last 2 months, most recent last week. With horned kits. Of course it takes a few charges to make but i dont expect max luck to be easily obtainable either.

For those of you having issues with leather, try horned kit, no power, 1st 3 artifices Auspicious or fortune and towering of defense.
Excellent info, thanks!!!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this now working? I'm wanting to make a few new luck suits but I'd rather not waste the runics....so horned will give 150 luck?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Burn a good number of charges on horned and I can confirm that you can 150 luck using Grand and Inspired/ of fortune on a horned kit.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Burn a good number of charges on horned and I can confirm that you can 150 luck using Grand and Inspired/ of fortune on a horned kit.
Just about to be going through this. Any idea on rate of 150s? Also strange, on test center fortune isnt an option on the horned runics...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also strange, on test center fortune isnt an option on the horned runics...
I've not burnt any kits for a while now but I remember you need to make sure powerful is not selected for fortune.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've not burnt any kits for a while now but I remember you need to make sure powerful is not selected for fortune.
Aha! Thank you, just tested it out on test center. Got a pretty good rate after about 30 tries. 5 had 150 luck.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha! Thank you, just tested it out on test center. Got a pretty good rate after about 30 tries. 5 had 150 luck.
Thats good news. I usually select Auspicious / of Fortune and then Fortified / of Defense then hope for 150 luck and a high resist part. Then I just imbue the other mods.

Let us know how you get on with copper hammers if you are making a weapon or circlet with 150 luck.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've landed a good number of 150's, can't be sure how many per but a decent return. Most have come with some other mod that screwed the item though, 2% EP and such. I had about 500 charges that I brought over to Napa fro ATL and I don't think this will be enough but we shall see. It's a slow and boring process to make a suit.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I remember doing that. I think it was 2 or 3 charges and you get the random mod like you say. I then started doing 2 names and getting 150 and high resist. At least the higher resist it more useful was my thinking.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thats good news. I usually select Auspicious / of Fortune and then Fortified / of Defense then hope for 150 luck and a high resist part. Then I just imbue the other mods.

Let us know how you get on with copper hammers if you are making a weapon or circlet with 150 luck.
I find I get about the same rate with copper runics. Although I wish the horned runics cost the same lol
On an interesting note I figured out the max luck fishing pole you can make is 140 =) make fishing pole with heartwood runic and regular wood. 1 out 8-10 will be 100 luck. Hope to get spell channeling and other useful mods. Enhance with oak.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was testing copper and horned runic for 150 luck pieces on TC earlier today and the following is what I observed.

Queens soul forge:
-- Horned Runic = Can get 150 luck pieces pretty regularly like before

-- Copper Runic = Takes wayyy more attempts than before

Ter Mur public soul forge:
-- Horned Runic = Takes way more attempts when compared to Queens forge attempts

-- Copper Runic = I gave up on trying to get 150 luck pieces.....

Personally, it seems like copper runic still has way lower chances still. I am not sure if soul forge used for reforging makes a difference but for both runic types I tested, it seems like Queens soul forge does give better results. Then again it could be the RNG messing with me again......

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was testing copper and horned runic for 150 luck pieces on TC earlier today and the following is what I observed.

Queens soul forge:
-- Horned Runic = Can get 150 luck pieces pretty regularly like before

-- Copper Runic = Takes wayyy more attempts than before

Ter Mur public soul forge:
-- Horned Runic = Takes way more attempts when compared to Queens forge attempts

-- Copper Runic = I gave up on trying to get 150 luck pieces.....

Personally, it seems like copper runic still has way lower chances still. I am not sure if soul forge used for reforging makes a difference but for both runic types I tested, it seems like Queens soul forge does give better results. Then again it could be the RNG messing with me again......
This is really great info. Thank you for sharing, i will make sure i am enhancing at queens forge. Also, anyone know the easiest way to get info loyalty points for the queens forge?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This page would seem to indicate that the forge bonus has no effect, even going as far to capitalize the NOT. I guess that it might be wrong...

http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whaaaaaaat?! Its still not rolling 150 on TC? Dam that sucks. Do you know if copper hammers are giving 150 on metal once again?
I just recently (within 3 days) just reforged 150 luck on metal. It appears to be working just fine.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be missing something. Went on test center to try it out and burnt through a few hundred charges each on Copper and Bronze. I think the highest I got with the copper hammer was 110 luck, and with bronze I got a few 140 pieces, but it was relatively rare (maybe 1/20 tries). No 150 pieces whatsoever.

I am using the following options:
Powerful
Grand
Inspired
Exalted
Sublime

Name 1: Auspicious / of Fortune
Name 2: Fortified / of Defense

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be missing something. Went on test center to try it out and burnt through a few hundred charges each on Copper and Bronze. I think the highest I got with the copper hammer was 110 luck, and with bronze I got a few 140 pieces, but it was relatively rare (maybe 1/20 tries). No 150 pieces whatsoever.

I am using the following options:
Powerful
Grand
Inspired
Exalted
Sublime

Name 1: Auspicious / of Fortune
Name 2: Fortified / of Defense
Anybody have any insight?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes...

If you want to choose 2 titles, a copper hammer is not powerful enough, or you're rolls make it exceedingly rare. Same for Bronze.

If you want to use copper, only choose the Ausp/Fort title, then you have to imbue the rest.

If you want to use 2 titles, you need at least a gold hammer, and definitely an agapite hammer can do it.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tuan,

That is good to hear as I would actually prefer to only reforge the luck property and then Imbue the other 4 as needed. So, what options should I chose on the reforging menu with a Copper hammer?

Powerful?
Grand?
Inspired?
Exalted?

Reforging is still pretty new and confusing for me so I appreciate the help.