• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Party Luck

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the new loot changes I know luck is on everyones mind. Do we have solid details on how luck currently works in a party? I've been hunting with my tamer wearing a luck suit and occasionally party with a 0 luck bard who runs masteries, discos the monster and occasionally throws down an RC. Assuming my dragon is the main damage dealer does this mean my luck is used for loot generation?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not completely sure on this, but I think the devs said a while ago that when in a party both people's luck is combined, and then cut in half. So if 1 person has 4,000 and the other has 0, the party would have 2,000 luck.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not completely sure on this, but I think the devs said a while ago that when in a party both people's luck is combined, and then cut in half. So if 1 person has 4,000 and the other has 0, the party would have 2,000 luck.
I assume you mean devided by number of party members. Othewise you could just make a 15 person party every with 260 luck and have a group luck of 2000+. That would actually be cool if that IS how it worked. Would promote bigger groups.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume you mean devided by number of party members. Othewise you could just make a 15 person party every with 260 luck and have a group luck of 2000+. That would actually be cool if that IS how it worked. Would promote bigger groups.
Yes, pretty sure the luck of the group is the average of all the players luck.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
party members have to be in the same sub server?
wondering if I add a party member to sit in house with max luck if it would boost my luck if I am out in a champ or doom

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was under the pression the when players were in a party a random member of the party was chosen and that characters luck was used for that mob. Based on my own experience I think it is the case. When I hunt with a high luck sampire (3000+ luck) partied with a 0 luck bard I can tell when the loot uses the sampire luck and when it uses 0 luck.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The way it's set up now, each person in party needs to earn looting rights on the mob in question, you don't actually need to be "in" party.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm pretty sure luck in a party is based on the luck of the top damager only, the luck of other party members has no bearing.

@Kyronix and @Bleak Can we get some confirmation on this topic as luck has become a 'must have' in UO.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new loot changes I know luck is on everyones mind. Do we have solid details on how luck currently works in a party? I've been hunting with my tamer wearing a luck suit and occasionally party with a 0 luck bard who runs masteries, discos the monster and occasionally throws down an RC. Assuming my dragon is the main damage dealer does this mean my luck is used for loot generation?
In terms of parties, luck can add additional loot items based on party size. Loot item properties can be affected by luck based on all of the looter luck values.

Last edited:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In terms of parties, luck can add additional loot items based on party size. Loot item properties can be affected by luck based on all of the top attackers luck values.
Just to clarify, you are saying that party size, in addition to luck, has a chance to bump the number of items on a corpse, and top attacker luck values affect the quality of those items, correct?

Also, does healing factor into this equation somewhere?

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify, you are saying that party size, in addition to luck, has a chance to bump the number of items on a corpse, and top attacker luck values affect the quality of those items, correct?

Also, does healing factor into this equation somewhere?
Correct, and yes healing factor is included in looting rights.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In terms of parties, luck can add additional loot items based on party size. Loot item properties can be affected by luck based on all of the looter luck values.
So...what does "all of the looter luck values" actually mean? Because it used to be very straight forward in that your top damager determined the luck for everyone else. A few of us offered ideas...but we didn't get an answer :p.

Having it be a random member of the looting rights list--which is what is stuck in my head, at least--or an average, or a whatever it all might be, makes luck even more luckish, which to me is really annoying because it's like an RNG on top of an RNG. What actually happens, now, that it isn't the straight forward, "top damager determines loot?"