• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Party Bars

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate that I don't see my carrying weight and lift ability without opening the status bar.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a partied friend or a pet dies, hate that the bar poofs. Need a way to see my summons number in 2D also please (is that my elly/colossus or my party friends' summon?) without going to the non-bar view.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i hate when someone logs out, my bars stack. or when someone joins the party my bars stack...

I hate they go away soo easy, I mean cany ou just make them at the bottom of our screen and they stack somewhere.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC is messed up too, it seems unless I'm the first to be partied, my bars are blank and sometimes I have only a couple and it will not let me pull ANY bar. Been that way forever, 3 different comps too so not my system.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all know they're broken, but please can you be more specific with what actually needs fixing, remember the devs don't have friends to party with so don't know what the issues are.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
We all know they're broken, but please can you be more specific with what actually needs fixing, remember the devs don't have friends to party with so don't know what the issues are.
my party bars stack or the close, or the bugg out and dont update, they move around when someone quits party. the entire thing just needs to be revamped.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC is messed up too, it seems unless I'm the first to be partied, my bars are blank and sometimes I have only a couple and it will not let me pull ANY bar. Been that way forever, 3 different comps too so not my system.
Do you use Pinco's? I haven't had this problem.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I haven't either unless the people in question are not anywhere near... then it's blank but as soon as the person is "onscreen" or close it shows up.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't either unless the people in question are not anywhere near... then it's blank but as soon as the person is "onscreen" or close it shows up.
Same here. In default and in pinco UI.

As for the classic client yes they are mega broken.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same here. In default and in pinco UI.

As for the classic client yes they are mega broken.
Always hated CC because it really stinks when someone goes off screen and you lose their bar totally.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problems with the Classic Client bars off the top of my head:

1. Sometimes the health bars stop updating correctly, this happens with both regular bars and party bars but I'm not sure what the cause is - maybe too many bars at the same time? (note: I've never had this to my own character's bar, only bars for other players and NPCs)
2. When someone joins a party, all the open bars jump to a new position.
3. When someone disconnects and then reconnects, all the open bars jump to a new position.
4. Party bars have no background - this can at times make the bars a little hard to see if they are over the game window and not the blackened area (on principle, they should have backgrounds)
5. Sometimes a bar will only become dark gray when a monster dies rather than disappear like it should.
6. This is a minor gripe, but it annoys me that bars locked together will all close when one is right clicked. This is annoying because if you want to close just one you have to alt+click to separate it first.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My health bars have been getting screwed up in Blackthorn's dungeon, whether I'm in party or not.

What keeps happening is after fighting spawn for about an hour and being on the second or third round of the Tower's life... bars will get stuck in the upper left hand corner and be enlarged. That is for friends or mobs.

This is using EC. I will have to screen shot it next time it happens. Usually clears after closing and re-opening client, but that shouldn't have to be the case.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My health bars have been getting screwed up in Blackthorn's dungeon, whether I'm in party or not.

What keeps happening is after fighting spawn for about an hour and being on the second or third round of the Tower's life... bars will get stuck in the upper left hand corner and be enlarged. That is for friends or mobs.

This is using EC. I will have to screen shot it next time it happens. Usually clears after closing and re-opening client, but that shouldn't have to be the case.
My EC health bars quite regularly fail to update and I've seen the stuck in the corner behavior as well. I also sometimes get them stuck on top of each other where a bar for something out of sight is underneath something closer. No Pincos either. Annoying but a client restart seems to fix it as well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My EC health bars quite regularly fail to update and I've seen the stuck in the corner behavior as well. I also sometimes get them stuck on top of each other where a bar for something out of sight is underneath something closer. No Pincos either. Annoying but a client restart seems to fix it as well.
I concur - Blackthorn's isn't the only place I've seen this behavior. If I am fighting something with ALOT of spawn, it will screw up how my health bars update after a while.

This used to happen a bit more frequently on champ spawns, but after they scaled down the amount of spawn that can be alive at any one time, it seemed to help the issue on those atleast.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would like this fixed before anything else in this game...

If they can put a window that takes up my entire UO screen in VVV then im sure they can fix party bars.