• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Party at Pol's Pen - Wednesday, July 29th

• Thread starter Pol the shepherd
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Pol the shepherd

Greetings all good gentles.

By my troth, 'tis news most splendid fer thine ears! On Wednesday e’en at 6PM PST, all goodmen an’ goodwives are welcome to partake in a wondrous-well affair an’ grand party at Pol the Shepherd’s new homestead!

T’was many weeks ago in goodly lengths past that Pol didst so commission a right-fine an’ world renowned architect named Straton Thales. He didst design th’ most beauteous country homestead fer resting mine head at night an’ a barn fer which’n Pol couldst be e’er tending to her flock. At th’ encouragement of Bucko the Kid an’ other friends, methinks it finally be a right fine time to share in drink an’ merriment with all good friends from hither to thither!

Alas, since Pol doth spendeth so much time knittin', stitchin', an' tending to Agnes, Pickles, an’ th’ rest of th’ flock, Pol wouldst admit to knowing little to nay nothins’ about th’ dark troubles facing th’ lands of late. But, it certainly doth seem like all good gentles mayest welcome an e’en to forget all thy worries an’ troubles an’ an excuse to make merry! So don thy finest breeches an’ come prepared to fill thy tummy with delicious treats an’ soothing beakers!

Sincerely,
Pol the shepherd

PS – Caterers needed. Please leave a message here if interested.

Day/time – July 29th, 6PM PST.
Location – Pol’s Pen (runes will be left at West Britain Bank)
(No housewarming gifts, please)

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Pol I would be most honored to cook for you. Nicholas left a message at my home and I immediately started writing ideas down for a menu....which I seemed to have misplaced. But I can start over again.

What would you like? Vegetarian menu or a mix? I am sure to see you, if not please let Nicholas know.

Happy Housewarming!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Pol I would be most honored to cook for you. Nicholas left a message at my home and I immediately started writing ideas down for a menu....which I seemed to have misplaced. But I can start over again.

What would you like? Vegetarian menu or a mix? I am sure to see you, if not please let Nicholas know.

Happy Housewarming!
Magdalena, I would be more than happy to help you with preparing foods ... Just let me know what you would like me to make.

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo Sara, if you could handle dessert duty that would be great! And The Dancing Man Xel is handling what else, drinks!

Sadly I did have roasted leg o lamb on there, sorry Agnes and Pickles wasn't thinking.

B

Bucko the Kid

Greetings Good Lady Pol,

A while ago I discovered something and have been too embarrassed to say anything but this would be the perfect time to right a wrong.

I had spent the day making arrows and bolts and was getting hungry so I went to the cellars to see what I could find to eat. I discovered some cheese that I didn't know we had and was nicely surprised. It was a wonderful cheese unlike anything I ever had. Later that night at supper I asked what the cheese was and no one knew anything about it. I noticed that the black sheep of my family, my cousin Katherina, was blushing and was staring at the floor with a sly look on her face. So I then proceeded to ask her directly where she had gotten the cheese. After much squirming and saying she didn't know anything she finally fessed up that when she went to Britian and saw you there she would rush to your home and milk Agnus and Pickles. Apparently she did this quite often.

With the milk Katherina had stole she made feta cheese and stored it in the cellar in a place that she thought was well hidden. I was lucky to have discovered it.

So good friend Pol, I ask your forgiveness and ask that you allow me to bring to the party the Feta cheese.

Also The Count of Berg asked me to communicate to you that he would like to have Katherina serve her penance by decorating the lawn for these festivities if you will allow her on your property, with supervision of course.

Respectfully,

Bucko the Kid
P.S. The Count of Berg said the feta was delicious!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going to be great times. Kick back, relax, enjoy the sake. Since it's a party, does this mean we'll be seeing a "Pol dance"...???

See you folks tomorrow! :thumbsup:

P

Pol the shepherd

EDIT: All are welcome to attend the party. I'm not sure I made that clear in my original post...

(If anyone is curious about a "theme" for tomorrow's party, it can easily be summed up by listening to this song by the Minstrels of Mayhem, entitled, "Health to the Company". More specifically, lines 3 and 4 of the chorus which are in bold text. I heard the song years ago at a local Ren Faire and it made me think of UO for some reason, corny, yet fitting).

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hB_cv6s8fA)

--------------
Kind friends and companions, come join me in rhyme
Come lift up your voices in chorus with mine
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again

Here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass

Here's a health to the dear lass that I love so well
Her style and her beauty, sure none can excel
There's a smile upon her countenance as she sits on my knee
Sure there's no one in in this wide world as happy as we

Our ship lies at harbor, she's ready to dock
I hope she's safe landed without any shock
If ever we should meet again by land or by sea
I will always remember your kindness to me

--------------

Pol the shepherd

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going to be great times. Kick back, relax, enjoy the sake. Since it's a party, does this mean we'll be seeing a "Pol dance"...???

See you folks tomorrow! :thumbsup:
Bucko may be happy from fine feta cheese but you're going to be hard pressed to make him "Pol dance" . :danceb: I will try my best to make it so I can see that! :D

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sadly my schedule at work got changed so i wont be able to make it now =(
i truly did want to go, so please have fun for me as well!

B

Bucko the Kid

Greetings All.

I am embarrassed to say I haven't the foggiest idea what a Pol Dance is. I went to the West Britain Library yesterday to try to figure out what it is and couldn't find a single book on it so I checked a few other libraries and still nothing.

When I got back home I mentioned all this to the Count of Berg and he laughed. He said it was a way to honor our Hostess of the evening and that I should ask Ceno, Lady Sara, Xel and Mama Faith to show me how to do the dance Wednesday evening. I would be honored if you all would do so.

Kindly,

Bucko the Kid

B

Bucko the Kid

doh!
i blame Bucko!
he said "You can give it to her at her party tomorrow"
Ceno,

Of course I'm going to give it to her. It would be wrong for me not to! But I'm confused why you're blaming me.

Sorry you can't make the party. We'll miss you.

Kindly,

Bucko the Kid

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All.

I am embarrassed to say I haven't the foggiest idea what a Pol Dance is. I went to the West Britain Library yesterday to try to figure out what it is and couldn't find a single book on it so I checked a few other libraries and still nothing.

When I got back home I mentioned all this to the Count of Berg and he laughed. He said it was a way to honor our Hostess of the evening and that I should ask Ceno, Lady Sara, Xel and Mama Faith to show me how to do the dance Wednesday evening. I would be honored if you all would do so.

Kindly,

Bucko the Kid
I soooooo love tongue in cheek! *LOL*

The one and only thing I miss about 3D is the ability to dance. We could've gotten one heckuva routine worked up between all of us. It would've taken a few hours though with having to stop and force Xel to keep his clothes on. ;)

B

Bucko the Kid

I soooooo love tongue in cheek! *LOL*

I'm telling you right now.. If this dance involves putting my tongue in someones cheeks I am NOT learning this dance.

With utmost respect,

Bucko the KID

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All.

Kindly,

Bucko the Kid
Leave it to Cel or Xel or some silly name to start this, and to the Count of Berg to perpetuate it!!! I have been far too busy cooking desserts to learn a new dance, so I'll sit this one out.:danceb: