• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parrying with sheeps

H

hampage

has anyone noticed no more skill gain with parrying and sheeps since today?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you're just not using the right lubric-

I'm sorry, you said parrying.....:mf_prop:

But, seriously, there have been a rash of reports of Parry gaining not working right off and on, for at least several weeks, ranging from the type of training you mention, up to gains from real combat.

We (as players) suspect a bug somewhere.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

best is you go jhelom pits, attack there as many FEMALE fighters as you can, but be sure they are unarmed.

then let you hit from them with a 70 phy resist-suit, best is selfrepair, try to make a spinned or dullcoppersuit with dullcopperhammer.

AND!! use a weapon to parry, no shield.

then have patience^^.

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thiefy, you can do it naked... All you need is a shield. If you have wrestling, then take a shield and a weapon.

The female fighters do no damage to you, therefore you do not need a 70 phyiscal suit.

E

Eslake

has anyone noticed no more skill gain with parrying and sheeps since today?
It sounds like you've already trained parry some, and went back to do it again today.

If that is the case, you will probably not gain much (if at all) until the sheep gain in wrestling by fighting you. That is why the sheep method works - they get better as you do.

remember to have numerous shields and weapons of each type. Changing gear around helps you get gains moving again.

H

hampage

It sounds like you've already trained parry some, and went back to do it again today.

If that is the case, you will probably not gain much (if at all) until the sheep gain in wrestling by fighting you. That is why the sheep method works - they get better as you do.

remember to have numerous shields and weapons of each type. Changing gear around helps you get gains moving again.
yes that was the case, after like 12 hours of constant gain with sheeps I tried it next day (with the same sheeps, since they remained in my house) but it gave me nothing for 12 hours!!! very strange, it appears they changes something in the code so sheeps dont work anymore... anyone confirm me that?

also, how can I increase my DEX fastly?

S

sikooovision

As Others Have Said the Jhelom Female Fighters Work .... I Went From 110 to 120 In No Time Just About a Week Ago ... I Just Went Naked and Wore a Brace Of Health for Good Measure ...

H

hampage

As Others Have Said the Jhelom Female Fighters Work .... I Went From 110 to 120 In No Time Just About a Week Ago ... I Just Went Naked and Wore a Brace Of Health for Good Measure ...
actually the jhelom trick worked like a charm, incredible fast...

the sheep method dont work anymore, or you must go to your target all in one round, if you logout and come back to the sheeps (even same sheeps) it will not work anymore...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had significant trouble gaining parrying on the sheep at first... until I found the right weapon. My character had 100+ swordsmanship. I put my Bushido on a soul stone so all I had was parrying. If I held no weapon or held a swordsmanship weapon, I couldn't gain parrying at all. I spent a couple fruitless hours with 8 sheep striking me and nothing.

Then, one day, I happened to throw a dagger in my hand. Suddenly the gains started. So I was carrying a buckler shield and a dagger. So I think the key is to carry a weapon which you have 0 skill to use.

It still takes a while to train up the sheep, but this method worked a week ago. I got a 115 parrying scroll so I had to work myself up from 110. Again, I put my Bushido on a soul stone temporarily, held a dagger, and went through about 4 buckler shields. In about 2 hours I went from 110 to 115. I gained nothing the first 45 min. Once the sheep were trained up, however, the gains started.

Anyway, that is my experience with gaining parrying on sheep. Some day when I finally get enough gold to get a 120 parrying scroll, I plan to use this method again.

-OBSIDIAN-

T

tymbow

I couldn't get the sheep or the Jhelom fighter chicks to work, but I did find that a letting a single Lizardman thrash away at you while tabbed out took me from 94 to 100 in around 30 minutes after gaining almost zero for weeks. Make sure you wear self-repair armour and have decent health regen or a way to heal as you do need to heal periodically.

W

wee papa smurf

If gainin off sheep while you are holding and axe or similar isnt working then there is a bug cos iv gotten to 120 3 times by that method and the last one was about a month and a half ago :thumbsup:

B

Bodhi

Basically all u need to wear is a shield, u can put a weapon in your hand but i recommend arming a weapon in which skill you are not proficient in. So if your skill is swords, arm a fencing weapon. But all u need is a shield. Target all the sheep while being in warmode, then turn of warmode. Gains roll in fast. I did 0-120 parry in 2 days.

L

Lord Urza

If you have necro, like if your making sampire it helps alot to train on sheep while in horrific beast form the hit point regen will keep you from getting pinged to death.

i allso soul stone bushido and weirld a wepon you have no wepon skill in.

And i just checked this and it works just fine as of september 25th 08'

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the sheep are just glitched i think. i spent 4 hours one day with my warrior letting them bite me (i was naked, with a mace weapon cuz have no skills in that) and got zero gains. then i went next day, same set up, same char, and got tons of parry gains with the same field of sheep. if it not working for you, i suggest trying again another day. it's wierd.

H

hampage

the sheep are just glitched i think. i spent 4 hours one day with my warrior letting them bite me (i was naked, with a mace weapon cuz have no skills in that) and got zero gains. then i went next day, same set up, same char, and got tons of parry gains with the same field of sheep. if it not working for you, i suggest trying again another day. it's wierd.
exactly what happened here. It worked one day and the next one didnt work. Very strage indeed. The jhelom pits are 100% confirmed to work

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly what happened here. It worked one day and the next one didnt work. Very strage indeed. The jhelom pits are 100% confirmed to work
but the sheep are more fun :D
it makes me laugh to hear them all baa-ing and seeing them lunge at me. i like getting a couple cats involved too for the hissing sounds LOL... i figure if i have to sit at my desk and stare at the screen for 4 hours i might as well be as entertained as possible!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but the sheep are more fun :D
it makes me laugh to hear them all baa-ing and seeing them lunge at me. i like getting a couple cats involved too for the hissing sounds LOL... i figure if i have to sit at my desk and stare at the screen for 4 hours i might as well be as entertained as possible!
Seriously, you should seek help, That's just not normal. :lol:

L

Luna du Selene

*runs through thread, singing dirty deeds and they're done with sheep.*

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
[youtube]oCRE9qOgbug[/youtube]

L

Luna du Selene

Baaaaaaaaad, Basara.... baaaaaaaaaad.... but yet... so high voltage! :thumbup1:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What should be disturbing is that I copied the youtube address from a post by the POLICY DIRECTOR for Stratics....