• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] parrying gains

K

kikcer

okay so right now i have 54.4 parry and it will not increase at all. im talking hours of sheep. i have bushido at 64.5 and i got a sheild and a dagger, i have swords. and still nothing. so i tryed a two hand fenceing weapons still nothing. tryed two hand swords nothing. tryed a mace and sheild still nothing.

and i cANt think of any other way tog et parry to go up.

please help me. im not at my cap not even close.

B

Bara

The other day, I was in the same boat as you.

I had 64ish swords, 60 ish bushido and about 50 parry. I went out to train on sheeps and didn't gain a bit. My friend suggested that I use a two handed weapon, so I equiped a two handed macing weapon (I have zero macing, helps the sheep to hit me easier) and I immediatly started to gain. I got up to 94 parry that same night.

So try using a two handed weapon that you have no skill in.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is your char human or elf? If its human, could the JOAT be causing a little of it. If you elf, then check to see if your wearing any pieces with DCI, and since you have some bushido you might just have to try different combinations. If you have soulstones or frags, you might try taking bushido off.

K

kikcer

i wish i did have a soulstone. do they make a two handed macing weapon. i think i overlooked the fact i have 30 skill points in fencing.(i hit ninja when i created) so im reskilling for a samuri. but i got a human. so ill try two handed weapon of diffent type.

C

Connor_Graham

If you've got skill in Fencing also then that's probably what's hurting your gains. I also suspect that having low Bushido might be playing a part also, so you might want to work Bushido up to a higher level too.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Best Way to go to 120 Parry in around 3 hours:

1) Arm yourself with a weapon you have no skill in. If you have Bushido, make sure it is one handed and carry a shield as well. If you do not have Bushido DO NOT CARRY A SHIELD!!
2) Wear a repaired set of armor with as much HP Regen as you can find. The Resists aren't important.
3) Go to the Animal Pen on the island just NW of Jhelom.
4) Go into attack mode and double-click all the rabbits and sheep. Don't let them near you (keep running around) or you'll kill them.
5) Once you have all 8 of them chasing you, head to the middle of the pen and toggle into peace mode.
6) You should gain in parry very quickly

This works for the following reasons:
1) By using a weapon you have no skill in, the creatures will hit you every time, which will cause a parry check (thus more parry gain chances).
2) Since parrying without a shield is harder (unless you have Bushido) and parry is difficulty based, you have a better chance at gaining in Parry, the harder it is for you to parry. Thus, no shield if you don't have Bushido, and a shield for those with Bushido.

K

kikcer

well that you all very much. really alot connor graham. i rasie my busido to about 75 then put some two handed fencing wepons on, gm'ed parry from 50, in less then one hour.

and thank you the last person cuase i was wantting to get all skills to 120 . and parry is on my list.