• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Parry still gets GGS, right?

Z

zorrah

So I've been banking on building up certain skills slowly through the benefit of simply logging on for 15 mins or so and getting my GGS gains. The last few days, however, my parry seems to be stuck. I even went to Covetous for a while, let harpies mob on me and nothing happened. I know that I have room for skill points (gained .2 in healing while letting the harpies beat the crap out of me). I have a theory that the GGS is buggy right now, as I am having problems on some of my other semi-retired only-log-in-once-a-day-to-get-my-GGS-points characters as well.

So..

Is parry able to be gained through GGS (I assume it is, due to the fact that I haven't had a problem getting my daily .1 in the recent past)?

Is gaining against a mob of harpies as suggested in the FAQ still a viable way to train?

Yeah, I know, I probably am bugged or something and just need to go die. But I just got my Glorious Lady title, whaaa. :p :)

Thanks in advance!

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, the GGS system is still working. To answer your other question, the best method I've found for working Parry up is with the sheep in the sheep pen. You can go from 0-120 in a matter of hours there.

T

Turdnugget

No... 15+ female fighters in Trammel Jhelom is better =)
10x even.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
16sheep in delucia is 100times better :p

No idea what is better but I just went from 110 to 120 in parry in a little over an hour, standing buck naked and being attacked by 8 sheep.

Being a swordsman I held a knights Kiss dagger. and used about 450-500 bandages.

:)

T

Turdnugget

Female wrestlers do no damage. You can stack a crapload of them on each other in Trammel.

90-120 took about 20 mins or so.

Z

zorrah

You people are awesome. If I had this kind of a response to every question I've asked on the forums since trying (and mostly failing) to comprehend the game after a 6 year hiatus, I'd be soloing DF by now. ;)

Thanks!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You people are awesome. If I had this kind of a response to every question I've asked on the forums since trying (and mostly failing) to comprehend the game after a 6 year hiatus, I'd be soloing DF by now. ;)

Thanks!

Ummm...I did that once....not that much fun....I have never worked so hard playing a game in my life...

never again...I like soloing big monsters but there is a limit

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes GGS still applies. If you prefer just playing to get your gains and parry is one of the last skills you are gaining in, then it is possible for you to be waiting a while.

Having 700 skill points or more, coupled with the 115 to 120 skill bracket, results in getting a gain every 51 hours or so.

Is why the sheep pen method, wrestling method and a few others are used.

C

Connor_Graham

Ummm...I did that once....not that much fun....I have never worked so hard playing a game in my life...

With the addition of the Conjurer's Trinket, soloing the DF has gotten a whole lot easier. Using a Demon slayer radiant scimitar, you can use the whirlwind special and not only hit for slayer damage on the DF, but also slayer damage on the undead he summons. It's a kick ass way to make sure your hp's never go down.

T

Turdnugget

If I had a radiant scimitar with demon slayer and decent sampire properties, i'd farm that SOB all day =)

Do you have one or something Connor?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol, it isn't THAT difficult. Even before the infamous sampire templates it didn't take a LONG time to solo. Just needed good ingenuity and slayer weapons with mana/stamina leech.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, it isn't THAT difficult. Even before the infamous sampire templates it didn't take a LONG time to solo. Just needed good ingenuity and slayer weapons with mana/stamina leech.

I know call me silly but I don't use the sampire/wammy template.
Samurai's and paladins shouldn't be necro's in my humble opinion....so I don't paly one. Again not telling others what to do...just for myself.

Z

zorrah

I know call me silly but I don't use the sampire/wammy template.
Samurai's and paladins shouldn't be necro's in my humble opinion....so I don't paly one. Again not telling others what to do...just for myself.
Haha.. I couldn't agree with you more. When I started getting somewhat serious about this char in question and started reading the boards I was completely appalled at the idea of chiv being tacked on to not just samurai and necromancer templates, but tamers and thieves and all kinds of nonsense. It's just.. so.. wrong if you really think about it.

T

Turdnugget

Ya, but most people using chivalry is for PvM/PvP purposes, not for roleplaying purposes =)

It's got so many great uses for all sorts of templates it's hard not to have.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha.. I couldn't agree with you more. When I started getting somewhat serious about this char in question and started reading the boards I was completely appalled at the idea of chiv being tacked on to not just samurai and necromancer templates, but tamers and thieves and all kinds of nonsense. It's just.. so.. wrong if you really think about it.

Perhaps I am a hypocrite....I can understand Paladins and Samurai combining. Both are Honor based professions. In a Role Play scenario I can envision a Paladin Knight traveling to the far east to study from Ancient sword masters.

The training would make a Samurai Paladin. But Necro spells drop karma into the negatives. Not only does that affect your Chiv based spells, it also affects your titles.

Is this silly...maybe But I just like being a Kengo Samurai Glorious Lord. If I had the room on my template I would be a Legendary Paladin as well. ( which is a huge waste of skill points for the benefit).

C

Connor_Graham

If I had a radiant scimitar with demon slayer and decent sampire properties, i'd farm that SOB all day =)

Do you have one or something Connor?
No, but not for lack of trying. I lost count of how many runics I've burned just trying for both Demon slayer and mana leech on one sword. So I just use my all purpose Twinkling Scimitar with ML & SL on it. With DI, Honor, and all that, I can do enough damage to take one down in a decent amount of time. It actually gets easier with the additional spawn as you can just spam whirlwind until next week. There are a couple of handy little corners that you can tuck yourself into so you're not getting hit by 8 things at once, so as each spawn dies, another is there to step in and take it's place. It's pretty much a near endless supply of stamina and mana just waiting in line for you to suck the life out of. :D

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's pretty much a near endless supply of stamina and mana just waiting in line for you to suck the life out of.

Sounds like my ex wife...she use to sit in the corner and suck the life out of everything.

lol

T

Turdnugget

Hmm... interesting idea Connor. Now I dunno if I wanna go macing or swords... or just stone back n' forth for doing DH/Gauntlet.

Not a bad idea tucking yourself in a corner and just spamming whirlwind like mad =)

C

Connor_Graham

I've actually got all 3 melee skills on stones so I can swap them out. I've also got the standard Sampire weapon crafted with runics for all of the weapon skills with all of the best weapons. Ornate Axe, Mage's Rune Blade, and Twinkling Scimitar for swords, Diamond Mace and Silver Etched Mace for macing, and Leaf Blade for Fencing. It took quite a bit of time to build all the skills and craft all of the weapons, but I'm now able to take advantage of the effort and use the best weapon for the job no matter what it is.

T

Turdnugget

Oh snap!

You're hardcore =)

What good is the Mage's Rune Blade? Just for the FC1 you opt to use that?

T

Turdnugget

Does the DCI on twinkling scimitar not count towards the maximum amount of mods on a weapon?

C

Connor_Graham

Oh snap!

You're hardcore =)
Hehe, I'm just like a boy scout, be prepared. :D

What good is the Mage's Rune Blade? Just for the FC1 you opt to use that?
Yeah, the FC1 is a free mod, so I went with that one.

Does the DCI on twinkling scimitar not count towards the maximum amount of mods on a weapon?
Nope. It's a free mod just like the FC1 on the rune blade. What's cool is that if you happen to hit a 15 DCI on the runic, it adds to the 6 already on the scimitar, for a total of 21 DCI. I've got a -21 mage wep twinkling with the 21 DCI, so my mage has a total of 26 DCI with his quiver added, and just from the 2 pcs.

T

Turdnugget

Ok sweet. Looks like i'll be going to Heartwood to try and get the Twinkling Recipe then. And i'll have to buy the gems =)

C

Connor_Graham

Speaking of Twinkling Scimitars....

I just made this one:

Mana Leech 62
Hit Lightning 42
Hit Lower Defense 40
Hit Stamina Leech 36
Defense Chance Inc 6
DI 40

C

Connor_Graham

I'm toying with the idea of selling it, so I guess you could always xshard lol.