• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Parry in PvP

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I were to have 120 Parry and 45 dci, but no weapon skill or mage weapon, would I be hit as often as I would if I had 0 Parry, 45 DCI and 120 weapon skill?
What I'm trying to figure out is if Parry alone is decent enough without wrestling or a weapon skill.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I were to have 120 Parry and 45 dci, but no weapon skill or mage weapon, would I be hit as often as I would if I had 0 Parry, 45 DCI and 120 weapon skill?
What I'm trying to figure out is if Parry alone is decent enough without wrestling or a weapon skill.
DCI does not affect parry chance because parry is a separate calculation. With 120 parry , 80 dex and a shield you parry 35% of all attacks. Weapon skill, hci,hld, dci, hla do not affect this number, it stays the same.
With 120 weapon skill and 45 dci your chance to block an attack is 50% if the opponent has 120 weapon and 45 hci.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need a weapon skill. If you have 0 weapon skill and your oponent has 120 weapon skill, they will hit you 100% of the time (without parry). With parry, you may parry a few blows but by and large you will get destroyed. Parry alone without wrestling or eval/anat, or a traditional melee weapon skill is not effective.