• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry Gains

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I was just looking at the FAQ on Parry, but noticed that the thread dates back to 2001. My gains are pretty much not much more than GGS. I'm currently at 104.9 and trying to take it to 120, so GGS isn't an option here. Any suggestions on how to get gains to move a little faster?

I

imported_JediSith

Location - sheep pen in Yew
Equipment - Dull copper armour & 2 handed weapon + bandages
Attack all the sheep in pen then switch to peace mode and watch parry skill rise.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=3&amp;Number=7441793&amp;page=3&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

Just follow Setnaffa's layout on the above post. You'll gain in no time flat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually doing this but with a weapon I have skill in, with and without a shield, with 1 handed &amp; 2 handed weps (I do have Bushido on this character), and after 15-20 minutes didn't get a single gain. I'll give it a try with a mace or something similar equipped. If that doesn't work, guess I'll commit seppukku and see if that works. Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have better luck today.

G

I had to soulstone bushido to get any gains at the sheep pit. Once I did it took about 2 hours to get from 97 to 120.

C

Connor_Graham

Did you have a shield in hand or no? SS'ing Bushido is no problem if it will work.

C

Connor_Graham

I've got it working now. Thanks for all of the tips. Been at it for about 10 minutes and already got around 20 or so gains.

I

imported_kinney42

If you don't have bushido put a candle or a torch in your other hand. it won't get blown up as long as you have a weapon in your main hand. never have to worry about the shields durability.
Also, you don't need armor. The minimum damage anything will do is 1. For sheep if you have over 12 physical resist you are ok. Easiest way of doing this is to get Resisting Spells high enough to give you the resst bonus!

S

Saysimba

<blockquote><hr>

I was just looking at the FAQ on Parry, but noticed that the thread dates back to 2001. My gains are pretty much not much more than GGS. I'm currently at 104.9 and trying to take it to 120, so GGS isn't an option here. Any suggestions on how to get gains to move a little faster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take your cloths off, get you a weapon you be not skilled in, then head to Yew sheep pens. Go to war, click on all sheep in pen, then go to peace. Let all the sheep attack you. For da first 15 minutes no gain, then after dat, they roll by to 120.

Oh, take some wine or ale and drink lots. No, I don't tink it does anyting, but sure makes it more fun why drunk. K?