• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry and Bushido - Can I carry one hand and shld?

Mabe_SP

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to carry a shield to pick up some extra properties. That said, when I review chance to parry it says that my chance to parry with a shield = 5% and with a one hand weapon = 20%. It then goes on to say if you are using a shield, the Bushido skill will actually lessen your chance to block an attack.. What I'm wondering is will I still parry at 20% with my one hand weapon even though I have a shield equipped when I'm running bushido and parry?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my understanding, once you equip a shield, your parry chance drops to 5%. Negating whatever parry chance you have with a weapon.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I can tell you from experience of having 100 parry and 100 bush, and using a sword/shield that I parry basically nothing.