• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paragon Greater Dragon

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last evening I took my Greater Dragon in training to Ilshenar to see how he would do in combat. I exited the Valor Moongate and headed South West killing anything I ran across. I then crossed the bridge close to the Champion Spawn area and that is when I saw it, A Paragon Greater Dragon. I quickly pulled back away from it and sent a pigeon to another tamer friend telling her to come help me. There was no way I was going to miss out on a chance to challenge one of these monsters and see how tough it really is.

She showed up with her fully trained pair of pets, a Nightmare and a Rune Beetle, and along with my Greater Dragon we attacked the paragon dragon. I cannot say the battle was without deaths, but there were fewer than I thought there would be, and both my female friend and I were barely keeping up with the healing to keep our pets alive. Overall the fight lasted about eight minutes and was as thrilling as I thought it would be.

I just wanted to post these pics of the stats because I know some of you have been wondering what a Paragon Greater Dragon was like. (BTW I was hoping for a chest to remember this fight by but the corpse did not have one on it.)

G

Great post! Too bad you couldn't have tamed the beast. What a pet that would have made.

C

chretain32

we should get a group together and go hunting greaters in Ilshenar. that way U are guaranteed to see one evntually and could get that chest U want!!!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you during that fight I went through close to 200 bands trying to keep my dragon alive. My friend also was helping by casting greater heal over and over healing both her pets and my dragon too.
I told her after the fight was over that I wished I could of tamed it too. That beast would rip through any Peerless or champion spawn and there would be no stopping me.

W

WebCaster

<blockquote><hr>

That beast would rip through any Peerless or champion spawn and there would be no stopping me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy now.. heh

I

imported_captainobvious

whats the loot on those? i saw one yesterday and just ran the heck away.... but i did wonder what they might drop.

G

Would you even be able to tame one of these? Noting how high the requirements are for the greater dragons these must be just above legendary.