• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paper Dolls

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it probably doesn't matter, and it will probably not change, but I liked the old 3d paper doll more then this new one. Just a preference.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While I think the overall artwork on the current EC paperdolls is better than the 3d ones (including the male paperdolls which I have probably just gotten used to, the female ones are great on their own merits), I DO miss the ability to rotate the paperdoll image as desired, however that's due to the fact that the 3d client's paperdolls used a copy of the 3d model of the character in the paperdoll (which you also see on character sheets in other 3d games) whereas the devs decided to backstep the models for the EC to the old stop-motion sprites (though with more frames of animation and "projected" onto a polygon) for the EC which in turn had them make a paperdoll that was a different and 2d image than the character itself.

IMO, character modelling in terms of the method used (sprite vs 3d models) was one of the mistakes IMO about KR/EC considering that 3d models even in online games have come quite a long ways since the days when the 3d client was active and can now be more detailed yet just as smooth as the old 2d models.

Not to mention the list of animations that were lost due to the backstep as well.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a dark red skinned femme garg and wearing a conjurers garb she looks like a shadow in Pincos UI. All I can see is yellow eyes starting out at me.