• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin/Thrower template ok?

L

lancelot99

Ok, so its not a pally/necro/sammy build but would this be ok (sort of a holy knight type build) for soloing renowns?

Throwing 120
tac 120
anat 120
focus 120
Chiv 120
Healing 100

Zigge[IMP]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Should be just fine for soloing renowns and whatnots.

I´ve been running a similar build and have soloed each and every abyss spawn with it. Haven't tried out peerless or soloing champ spawns so far, but I do well in shame lvl 5 or covetus lvl 3.

My temp is as follows:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
115 anatomy
110 healing
105 Resisting Spells
30 Focus

Just run with the appropriate slayer, SSI and some Hit Stamina Leech / Mana Leech and there´s no stopping you.

Happy hunting!

L

lancelot99

What arties would you recommend? Basilisk hide? Mace and shield glasses?
And what are your stats? low int?

Last edited by a moderator:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Might I suggest a stronger variation of that?

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
120 Bushido
90 Chivalry
70 Focus or whatever

or 120 everything:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry

With Perfection you'll do way more damage. Resist spells in PvM is a waste IMO. Just carry a trapped box and orange petals and Remove Curse when needed or make alot of apples and use them.

Definately M&S glasses or the new covetous ones (forget name). 45% HCI , 100% DI, 40% LMC, as much MR as possible. Then the rest in SI, MI and HPI.

You'll want dex at 150 for max healing time. Depending on the type of throwing weapons you prefer will determine the amount of stamina you need (I'd recommend Soul Glaive for AI). Consult the Swing Speed calculators.

L

lancelot99

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
I like this, but what about running out of Mana?

Last edited by a moderator:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You can have at least 10 Mr on your suit (arms, hands, neck, chest, legs).

Could get to 15 MR if you wanted to use that conjurer's robe, tangle and a mana phasing orb with MR.

But really the key is Hit Mana Leech on your weapon. I run a warrior with 0 MR on his suit, but he's got HML and mana is rarely a problem.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also drop the healing and add in myst as that works amazingly well. There are a ton of variations on this.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To clarify, you're talking about dropping Healing and Anatomy for Mysticism and Focus correct?
Yes. It ends up healing pretty fast with the stone and cleansing winds. It also lets you squeeze in another mod on your weapon and of course the RC as a tank.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It also lets you squeeze in another mod on your weapon
I actually tried this build and didn't end up liking it because:

1. You need to have SC if you don't want to drop your weapon, so assuming SC with no -1 you lose 2 mods on your weapon.

2. Either you run with regs or you have to devote 5 slots on your suit for LRC.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm you just need FC on the weapon...

Mysticism has a spell that put SC with -1 on weapon and it also let you put hit effect too for a period of time.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Right

I'm not saying it's not doable, but between the LRC and FC/FCR requirements I felt like I was using to many mod spots that could be used to be a very strong thrower/chiv/bushido type instead of some of half ass hyrid.

Just my opinion, to each his own ;)