• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin template questions.

Larry Lanecaster

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, I'm a returning player look for some of that traditional paladin feeling.

I'd like to rock a 1 hand and a shield.
Not worried about soloing peerless or anything like that.
Just wanted to get some advice!

Template as I was thinking would be

120 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Parry
100 Chivalry
100 Resist
80 Healing.

Basically I'm just really looking for input on how I should change it but I guess I'm the kind of nerd who's into the heavy metal armor with the sword and shield feeling. Haha

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is close to the template I use and you can go very far with it. Everyone gets 720 skill points now so go 100 healing also.

You can really grow with that temp as you obtain items to bump up skills also.

I run 120 swords,parry,resist.
110 tactics
100 anatomy and healing
85 chivalry, with my gear giving me the skill boosts.

using hit point regen on armor and life leech on sword helps alot.

Welcome back!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, I'm a returning player look for some of that traditional paladin feeling.

120 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Parry
100 Chivalry
100 Resist
80 Healing.

Basically I'm just really looking for input on how I should change it but I guess I'm the kind of nerd who's into the heavy metal armor with the sword and shield feeling. Haha
For the tin soldier paladin feel I'd say drop Healing or Resist (or both, and maybe add Spellweaving) and go 6x120, with 4/6 casting, or at the very least 120 Swords/Parry/Chivalry.

Arthas

Visitor
For prodo shards I use:
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Parry
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry

Good defensive template you can wear down and outlast what you are fighting.
With a good suit I can solo peerless. I can get more in to that if you would like.

Having resist on stone and Bushido if you want to increase damge output but that would mean using a 2hander and no shield.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have same template of arthas. Im not full now but i have a good equip with full resists and can do most places alone.. its a very good template: with skills fulled u can have max performance from all skills

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That template is also amazing to solo blackthorn captains and rack on minax arties.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

120 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Parry
100 Chivalry
100 Resist
80 Healing.

It is still a very useful template. I run something similar on my Paladin. In addition to what you proposed, you can now get some decent jewelry and talismans that have skill points on them. In example, I would suggest the Talisman that has +10 tactics or +10 anatamy, and maybe getting some jewels that have more Chivalry or Parry. You can also get the Captain John's hat for your head piece and that has +20 swords. Those are just some thoughts for boosting up points in a few of your existing skills you're proposing for the template.