• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin Template and Gear

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe a simple "starting suit" would be better:
6 items: 4 HPI, 7 SI, 7 MI, 7 LMC, resists (80-100 max durability)
jewels: 22 DI, 13 HCI, 13 DCI, 7 STR, 7 DEX (may be skills instead of stats)
artifacts: mana orb and may be quiver, shroud

100 HLL weapon is the base of this template

you can do renowned
you can't do peerless (but there is no sence to do peerless solo)
you can do Miasma (usually it's easy to get to it)
Thanks Corwin!
That was a GREAT hint! I went to the imbuing calculator and saw what you wanted to tell me :D

This is very cheap (no special mats needed) and as soon as i have my legendary imbuer i will do that :D

Some questions:
I don't want to give up Lumberjacking for several reasons: so, my weapon of choice should be the Hatchet (single target, AI) and Double Axe (crowd, WW), but what stat should i go with HLL100? SSI? HML? HSL?

And, is Hatchet to have AI or Two Handed Axe for DoubleStrike?

And, is capping HCI/DCI important? If it's so, i could fit some DCI on the armors (don't feel like reforging, though, if it isn't necessary) or on the single target weapon (maybe on a shield?).
I know it isn't efficient, but this is a "training suit" as i see it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can't use a shield with an axe. I suggest you to use Divine Fury to get HCI and SSI. In this case 150 stamina will be enough for max swing speed with a Hatchet.

Hatchets are crafted by tinkers so you can't reforge it to get 96 HLL or HML. DS does more damage than AI to almost all mobs you will fight. I suggest you to use a hatchet only vs UEV (Elemental Slayer, HLL, HML, DI, HLD).

And vs other mobs use a Double Axe: Super Slayer, 87 HLL (reforged), 62 HML, 45 DI, 25 SSI.
It's important to have exactly 25 SSI - no less and no more. Max HML (62?) will be very helpful so spend 10 void orbs to imbue it.
Be careful: you must reforge 100 HLL. Then POF to max, then imbue 25 SSI. HLL get new value (87?) after imbuing SSI.

With 25 SSI on a weapon and 10 SSI from DF you will swing with max speed. Depending on situation use DS or WW.

You can max HCI: 26 jewels, 13-14 DF, 5 Mana Orb.
Your DCI will be close to zero. May be 16 with infinity quiver (just 100k) and corgul's sash. So there is a sense to reinforce your armor as much as you can. With one res mode imbued on the each armor piece you can have 75 all res. And Hardening refinement regs are cheap (on some servers you can find even Fort refinements cheap).
You can max DI: 44 jewels, ~18 DF, 45 weapon.
If you get 118 STR, 104 DEX and 33 INT you'll get 140 HP, 160 Stam and 75 Mana (with 14 STR/DEX on jewels).

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys,

after the long process of training my crafter, i am finally building this suit. I burned through a few copper hammers and got two double axes with HLL 100.
What should i prioritize? A particular Sslayer (guess repond is the most useful)? A spawn (area hit) weapon? Or stick with the template and build a HSL, HML, HLA weapons? What about the second axe?

Thx in advance for the answers. I will certainly craft other axes, but for now i am busy enough PoFing and imbuing two :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
If you wear a metal armor and use DF for stats (so you have 120 chivalry and 55 DCI) you can go without HSL.

Main mods:
100 HLL
max HML
max DI
super slayer

The last mod depends on your suit and monsters you fight.
If you use studded armor then use HSL.
If you haven't 35 SSI on your suit (including DF bonus) then go with SSI.
Otherwise use HSL vs monsters that use heavy damage spells (including dragon breath) and HLA vs others.

P.S. My favorite slayers are Reptile and Demon. Other people may prefer Repond and Arachnid. It depends on what do you usually do in the game.

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will use Plate Armor. No artifact for the moment, maybe M&S for the HLD. No Insane legs, they're too expensive.
How do i get 55 dci? 5 dci on every piece+30 on jewelry?

Am i right that with 125 dex+ 14 from item + 42 stam increase = 181 stamina, then i will only need SSI 25 (15 from DF, 10 on jewelry)?

In that case, i will surely need HSL because i cannot afford even a single point of stamina loss.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
No artifact for the moment, maybe M&S for the HLD.
You need to use artifacts to get 55 DCI.
HLD is important. You can also use Prismatic Lenses for HLD (they are cheaper).
You can use refinement to reduce DCI cap and increase resistances caps.
I count HCI is more important than DCI so maximize it first.

Am i right that with 125 dex+ 14 from item + 42 stam increase = 181 stamina, then i will only need SSI 25 (15 from DF, 10 on jewelry)?
You need only 20 SSI if you want to have "1.25s" in your stats.
But you need 35 SSI if you want to do have 1.25s in real combat.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
When you get a hit you loose stamina. It may take you few swings to get stamina back. In addition you will often be cursed (up to -30 dex depending on your Resisting Spells).

likin998

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I used to solo spawns with standard sampire template and slayer AE weapon.
Tried this build a bit and found a major problem that I cannot have HSL, HML, HLL, DI, AE, Slayer on a weapon.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does Sampire Vampire form and weapons HLL stack? Like 200p dama = 40 + 0 --> 60 = total 80p healed average? So how this is compared to paladins HLL only?

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not Anatomy 120, Tactics 120 and Parry 20?
Well i really like a bit defense. 20 parry is worthless though because of joat since i play a human palafin.

Does Sampire Vampire form and weapons HLL stack? Like 200p dama = 40 + 0 --> 60 = total 80p healed average? So how this is compared to paladins HLL only?
As far as i know both abilities stack. But i never needed this so far. Ve and hll leech enough life on their own

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for fast reply!

Few questions more from new user :)

How about slayers? I have now (Playing with Sampire) abilities on weapons: HML, HSL, DI, Slayer, HLA.

Should I take HML, HSL, DI, Slayer, HLL with this template?

How I survive hard hitting mobs without HLA?

Is it possible to get HML 100% and HLL 100% for this template with any combinations in reforging? If so what hammer and what selections?

Have you Duncan tried how fast for example Dreadhorn get killed with this template VS "Paladin Sampire template"?

I think I would love this template, but before changing my hard earned items I want to be sure :)

I would love to idea that I never loose karma again and Paladin and Necromancer in same template sounds weird.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for fast reply!

Few questions more from new user :)

How about slayers? I have now (Playing with Sampire) abilities on weapons: HML, HSL, DI, Slayer, HLA.

Should I take HML, HSL, DI, Slayer, HLL with this template?

How I survive hard hitting mobs without HLA?

Is it possible to get HML 100% and HLL 100% for this template with any combinations in reforging? If so what hammer and what selections?

Have you Duncan tried how fast for example Dreadhorn get killed with this template VS "Paladin Sampire template"?

I think I would love this template, but before changing my hard earned items I want to be sure :)

I would love to idea that I never loose karma again and Paladin and Necromancer in same template sounds weird.
Weapon properties should be hll(max), hml, di, slayer hsl/hla

If you are wearing metal armor you could theretically swap hsl for hla. Df is enough to replenish stamina loss
Just be sure you always have max dci and as much parry as possible to survive hard hitting mobs

You can reforge 154 intensity hml or hll, not both. Use a copper hammer with powerful reforging and vampire

I kill dreadhorn much faster with this template and a double axe. About 7 to 8 minutes or so

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyway the template with lumberjacking ive dropped. I prefer more defense

Have you tried SSI two handed axe + lumberjack with DH and Paromyxos?

For best damage (Tested with stamina 183, continously over 150 weapon speed 1.25) with SSI 20 two handed axe. So I get SSI 55 = axe +20, Tinkerlegs +10, Jewerly +10, DF +15. Hits was even over 130 on Paromyxos (Weapon was HLL weight 154 and 70% fire that I updated to 100% with bronze). Paromyxos was down on 8 min.

Next I try Medusa.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Some times ago I tested Large Battle Axe and found that it's pretty good for regular hunting. In most cases without using any special move I did about the same damage as my fencer does using AI. And usually there are at least 2 monsters close to you. Against 2 opponents you get 16 bonus damage and hits 2 targets at the same time (this means 2x more damage). WW is very cheap (4-6 mana) so you can put more points in STR/DEX and go without potions. Also you don't worry much when you haven't slayer or EOO - you just do 33% less damage (there is no positive feedback effect like when you haven't enough mana to chain AI). Also you needn't press keys every second :).

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some times ago I tested Large Battle Axe and found that it's pretty good for regular hunting. In most cases without using any special move I did about the same damage as my fencer does using AI. And usually there are at least 2 monsters close to you. Against 2 opponents you get 16 bonus damage and hits 2 targets at the same time (this means 2x more damage). WW is very cheap (4-6 mana) so you can put more points in STR/DEX and go without potions. Also you don't worry much when you haven't slayer or EOO - you just do 33% less damage (there is no positive feedback effect like when you haven't enough mana to chain AI). Also you needn't press keys every second :).

How about even Halberd and total SSI 55 and stamina 210+... need test.

How is halberd damage versus large battle axe with lumberjack 100?

EDIT:
Seems be: 58-67 for halberd and 60-70 for LBA and lumberjack 100%.

(Aantomy and tactics 100% + STR 150)

Is 2-3 base damage worth of 100% skill points is another question...

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure that lumberjack bonus works with halberd.

And 210 stamina is difficult to get. And you will need more than 210 to don't lose swing speed after getting a hit. It seems practically impossible to get armor pieces with 10 SI + 4 HCI/DCI and it is very expensive to get something like 10 SI + 4 DEX + 4 HCI/DCI.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure that lumberjack bonus works with halberd.

And 210 stamina is difficult to get. And you will need more than 210 to don't lose swing speed after getting a hit. It seems practically impossible to get armor pieces with 10 SI + 4 HCI/DCI and it is very expensive to get something like 10 SI + 4 DEX + 4 HCI/DCI.
I think phys recist 75, fire 75 and poison 75 (Main damages from DH, Paromyxos and Medusa) from refinements with DCI 30 is better than 5x70 with DCI 45. So no need for so high DCI.
HCI 45 = jewerly +15, DF + 15 quiver + 5, Conjuer talisman +10
DCI 30 = jewerly +30, sash +5, Conjuer robe +5, DF -10
...So I do not see need for HCI/DCI 4 or 5 on armour pieces.
This still leaves slots for 2 x SSI 5 on jewerly AND DI and even 2x EP 25 for both jewerly.

Some point of interests for stamina 210:
* This means no mace and shield glasses (If there is no +10 stamina on jewerlys)

* On stamina 211 (+1 stamina from sash) and without super stamina regen + stamina leech stamina 211 is almost impossible to keep (SR cap is easy to hit with sampire, because base +15 and SI 10 parts easily comes with SR)

* Halberd does not got lumberjack bonus
Wrote earlier:
EDIT:
Seems be: 58-67 for halberd and 60-70 for LBA and lumberjack 100%.

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Refining resists and lowering dci is generally better than just the 70's

Ep on your gear is not necessary. Just imbue a pair of other jewels and when you use your pots swap the jewelry with a macro.

Stamina 210 is not necessary. If you are using an axe take the double axe. Esp. Paroxysmus dies rel. fast with doublestrikes. A bit lower than two handed axe but more reliable

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Standard stats 120-130 STR, 120 DEX (160 Stamina). It allow you to have max swing speed without potions. In a serious fight you use STR/DEX potions to get 150 DEX and 191 Stamina. It allows you to have max swing speed even when cursed and/or damaged.
You need base 110 STR, 105 DEX to have 120 STR, 120 DEX with artifacts and 150 STR, 150 DEX with potions. I prefer to have 130 STR without potions so I have some 140+ HP even when cursed. With 35 base INT you get 75 Mana (human) or 95 Mana (Elf).

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, CorwinXX, my problem is that it seems that I doesn't master the links Strength/Hits, Dexterity/stamina, Intelligence/mana. For me they were equal (in base without any add) and I see reading the posts that I am wrong somewhere (when I read 120DEX(160 Stamina), I'm lost . I think I will start my template with an exemple you gave elsewhere :
Base 120/115/25, Mace & Shield, Tangle, Despicable Quiver, Lt Sash, 40 mana on armor
I'm not very easy with potions (I know, just try and learn, hehe)
I will better that if necessary when I will understand well.
Samurdin on the way :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Usually you have 40 Mana Increase and 40 Stamina Increase on your armor.
You have +15 DEX and + 10 STR with Mace&Shield, Crimson, Despicable Quiver. Tangle + Lt Sash gives you 15 INT but in this case you will need 15 HPI on your armor.
Well "Base 120/115/25, Mace & Shield, Tangle, Despicable Quiver, Lt Sash, 40 mana on armor" if you also have 40 stamina on armor and 25 HPI:
130 STR, 140 HP, 125 DEX, 165 Stamina, 40 INT, 80 Mana (100 if elf)

If you have 50 EP you get 30 STR/DEX for 3 minutes from potions. Human (JOAT Alchemy) gets 31 STR/DEX. You can equip 50 EP jewels when you drink potions then equip back your main jewels.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In progress...I understand better
I will have a look on the Duncan chart for the suit and try your defensive samurdin template first (I use too much my tamers, I have to learn how to use a warrior)
Just some monthes of work to get everything ready :)
Big thanks again to you and Duncan

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nearly finished.
I try the CorwinXX Template said defensive Swordmanship 120 Tactics 100 Anatomy 100 Bushido 120 Parrying 100 Chivalry 120 Healing (swap Resists) 90 with a human.
Base stats 120 105 35
Using a suit very similar to the Duncan one I get :
45 HCI 45 DCI 100 DI 30 SSI (with Divine Fury). I have to find a bracelet with 5 SSI.
32 MI 33 SI 20 HPI 8 Int 15 Dex 10 Str
40 LMC and a few others 2MR 2SR and 4HPR
Resists a little strange : 87-72-72-80-71 . I was unable to find a way to get 90-75-75-75-75 without sacrificing the stats.
I have JOAT protection when no resist.
I use a double axe 100HLL 85HML 50 HSL 50DI + a slayer
Well what is nice in this game is that the armor is not everything : I die against one greater dragon and I'm sure that most of you kill them without all that. So at the moment I don't even try miasma, trasher or balron.
Conclusion : I have to train to understand well how to use this warrior :)
PS If I had to buy everything (hopefully not) the cost would have been 300M with 100% chance and without the hammers. I understand what said CorwinXX : "......Besides this it's require very good suit. This is why it's no so popular as Sampire yet."

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks good.

With bushido 120 and 100 parry you just have a blockchance of 34%. With 120 in both you have 40% which is imo worth those 20 points. The question is if those points in healing are worth it. You could take 70 there and use enchanted bandies

The suit is ok, though 20% ssi on the equipment is a must. You have to find a 5% ssi jewel here.

Sure you have to train with this build and learn your abilities. Though miasma is merely a joke. You can beat it easily for sure. Same are balrons. They die very fast

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The art of playing with a melee char is to know when fight and when run away.
Don't forget about Evasion as well.
When you are fighting against difficult monsters start applying bandages after taking any (even little) damage.
If you use DS then keep CW on when you are fighting.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very important hint from me too. Casting df doesnt refresh its duration while the buff is still active (unlike other spells like cw). it just refreshes stamina there. If you want to rebuff wait til the buff expires then push the casting button.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Any update yet on how this performs versus your Sampiradin? I'm working on leveling my skills and haven't decided which skills I'm looking for in an all around powerful solo character.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well both templates are powerful and are fully viable against strong monsters, peerless and champions.

I personally like bushido paladin better (vampire and paladin is a strange combination) because you dont need necro and the extra fire resist. You can put those points into offensive skills or resisting spells and can use refinements.

Drawback is you have to imbue 100% hll weapons but its not really a problem Life drain is about equal here and max mana leech is enough too

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm considering giving this a try. The healing version Duncan lists on the second page, since I'll be using him in a guild environment too and may need to heal others.

60 parry is pretty low for my tastes though. Could I get away with 100 anato/tactics and go 90 parry?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just came across something interesting that might throw off my template quite a bit:

Is HLL 100 not possible on a weapon as fast as a Leafblade? That is what I had planned on using.

If no then I may need to consider changing the weapon to something with a 4.0+ swing speed. Would be unfortunate to lose the awesome feint special ability though.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With a leafblade onky hll 96 is possible. You need a weapon with at least 3.0 swingspeed to get to 100

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I made some 96HLL leafblades tonight then I went to make a kama and realised this is going to be way under 100HLL at a swing speed of only 2. I was going to try fencing on my Bushido Paladin but I'm not sure how I'll go with the kama having such a low HLL. I wish the lajatang had proper whirlwind not the frenzied type!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's pretty close to 100... I wonder if the benefit of having feint will offset the small lack of life leeching. Definitely something to test out.

I'm just such a huge advocate for the Leafblade for single target that it's imagine not using it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I made some 96HLL leafblades tonight then I went to make a kama and realised this is going to be way under 100HLL at a swing speed of only 2. I was going to try fencing on my Bushido Paladin but I'm not sure how I'll go with the kama having such a low HLL. I wish the lajatang had proper whirlwind not the frenzied type!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
You will get a big problem. Since you are going to reforge HLL your HML will be low. Taking in account relatively low leafblade damage you often just will not be able to chain AI. This means low damage and little life leached.