• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paladin Template and Gear

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm im thinking about doing navrey with my pala but want to adjust my build there.
Right now 2 options come into my mind

120 bushido
120 parry
120 sword / fencing
120 chivalry
120 tactics
120 anatomy

Or

120 bushido
120 swords/ fencing
115 tactics
115 anatomy
60 parry
120 chivalry
100 healing

2nd build with jewelry. Gear as above. I guess navrey will be easier with healing
Ill test arachnid slayer double axe. If that doesnt work ill go along with leafblades. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather have 120 Parry, drop Chivalry and add Healing.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no sense in lumberjacking. With 100 DI/150 str/120 tactics/120 anatomy/20 lumberjack (JOAT) you get the cap (300 DI). Without lumberjack you get 296 DI - almost max. Check you damage in stat window and compare it with your weapon damage. 4x is max you can have.
Please, please, please get to know the game-mechanics before you try to throw someone off their game If I had been a newb I might have trashed and not followed through with my aproach. I suggest, you try my aproach and then you will see, that the 300%damage cap is limited to Damage increase on armor or weapon/Chivalry/Bushido/Slayers. Tactics, Anatomie, Strength and Lumberjacking bonus are calculated into your damage no matter what.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Please, please, please get to know the game-mechanics before you try to throw someone off their game If I had been a newb I might have trashed and not followed through with my aproach. I suggest, you try my aproach and then you will see, that the 300%damage cap is limited to Damage increase on armor or weapon/Chivalry/Bushido/Slayers. Tactics, Anatomie, Strength and Lumberjacking bonus are calculated into your damage no matter what.
What weapon do you use and what damage do you see in stats window?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There are two different caps but both are 300%.
300% Damage Increase cap means that max damage in your stats window is 4x weapon damage.
300% Damage Multiplier cap means that max damage you can do is 3x damage in your stats window.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My current template:
120 fencing
100 tactics (to get GM bonus to DI)
120 bushido (honor, confidence, evasion)
55 parry (10 mana reduction)
5 archery
120 chivalry (DF, EOO, CW, Dispel)
80 resisting spells
100 anatomy (to get max evasion bonus and GM bonus to DI)
85 healing (I use enchanted bandages for serious fights)
One question i have here. Why 5 archery?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure Corwin will answer, but I wanted to throw in a guess. 85 healing + 55 parry = 140 skill points. Add in the 80 resist and you're at 220. This would allow you to swap in 120 parry + 100 resist (and take off healing), or some such. The 5 archery would be to get you to the special move lower cost.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but those 5 points are wasted somehow. Why not 80 healing (90 with enchanted bandages), 60 parry and 80 resist?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure Corwin will answer, but I wanted to throw in a guess. 85 healing + 55 parry = 140 skill points. Add in the 80 resist and you're at 220. This would allow you to swap in 120 parry + 100 resist (and take off healing), or some such. The 5 archery would be to get you to the special move lower cost.
I was thought about this after reading Duncan Drake's template (with reforged HLL and imbued HML). But I think I will need to switch Fencing to Sword in this case. I decided to try all bosses with the current template then then try 120 sword, then try to go without healing.

Right now I use very unstable connection (Wi-Fi in a hotel). I'm going to start my test series when I get home.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes but those 5 points are wasted somehow. Why not 80 healing (90 with enchanted bandages), 60 parry and 80 resist?
I thought about getting 85 resists and 80 healing but it looks I heal low amount of damage (compared with my another char that has 120 anatomy and 115 healing).

There is another question about this char.
Right now I have 94 dex (125 with poitions to get 5 sec healing) and 112 mana (can get 121 with val scroll and int boots - i have both in the bank).
I need 120 stamina for 1.25s
I think should I get 100 dex (6 sec healing without potions), 109 dex (4 sec healing with potions) or may be 89 dex (to get more mana).

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 archery from a despicable quiver
Ok now i understand

I thought about getting 85 resists and 80 healing but it looks I heal low amount of damage (compared with my another char that has 120 anatomy and 115 healing).

There is another question about this char.
Right now I have 94 dex (125 with poitions to get 5 sec healing) and 112 mana (can get 121 with val scroll and int boots - i have both in the bank).
I need 120 stamina for 1.25s
I think should I get 100 dex (6 sec healing without potions), 109 dex (4 sec healing with potions) or may be 89 dex (to get more mana).
Well difficult. I guess with a leafblade you need more mana than with a stronger weapon. But i still would take 109 dex. 4 sek heals are too good

sh1nji

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hey duncan, well i'm new in game and was reading your post and started make your sampiredin that is amazing template but i was thinking about remove 60 parry and raise anatomy 120, tatics 120 and focus 20 i I would like know your opnion about that template.

Necro 100.
Sword 120
anatomy 120
tactics 120
bushido 120
Chivalry 120
Focus 20 or parry 20

Obs: sorry for my bad english i from brazil

thank for help :)

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well first without parrying you will get hit very often and take very much dmg.

Second your special moves cost too much mana.
The Mana Cost of each special move can be reduced if the warrior's skills are high enough. Add up the skill points for Swords, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Parrying, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If the total lies between 200 and 299, subtract 5 from the Mana Cost. If the total is 300 or more, subtract 10 from the Mana Cost.

Read here for further explanation:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php

You should always have at least 60 parrying here

Last edited:

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to start using this template (the OP one, paladin with HLL 100) without power scrolls (e.g. only 100 max skills)?

As a returning player i don't have the millions to dish out right now...

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well possible but you need at least 120 chivalry. Shouldnt be very expensive. The rest is not a must have. Remember you could use 110 and 115 ps here. They are cheap.

The equipment is more important. The optimum is to get 20 % ssi on gear (not on weapon). If thats not possible you need to think about the weapons you want to use or imbue ssi on the weapon. Problem here you are limited to 5 imbueing slots. I recommend to imbue ssi instead of stamina leech

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to go swords, honestly, mace and fencing are just as good, if not better- in someways.

I have a swords, macing and fencing builds each.

royalbarnes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drake I decided to give your original build a try, but I can't seem to make the weapons the most I can get is the 81 HLL or HML I cannot get 100. I've burnt through 3 copper hammers. This is on a gargoyle crafter with 120 imbuing at a home forge. Am I doing something wrong?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
With ornate axe,150 str. 120 tactics, 120 anatomy my damage was 58-68. When I put GM lumberjack on my damage went up to 63-74!
It seems you have just 40 DI on your char. So with 30% bonus from lumberjack you get 5-6 more damage. But you could just add 60 DI to your suit and get 10-12 more damage.
It's possible to get 68-80 without lumberjack (may be 67-79 for non-human chars).

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems you have just 40 DI on your char. So with 30% bonus from lumberjack you get 5-6 more damage. But you could just add 60 DI to your suit and get 10-12 more damage.
It's possible to get 68-80 without lumberjack (may be 67-79 for non-human chars).
Lumberjacking is as Tactics and Anatomie outside the 100%. I do not have the equipment yet for the 100% but I am sure the 30% from Lumberjacking come on top!

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uo-guide is inaccurate at many places: Stealthing no fail at 80 skill in all med armor....it is 75
Alligators and fire salamanders in covetous dungeon...acording to Uo guide vulnerable to reptile slayer....both aren't....
Well info that is compiled by experience is always matter to test and proof....I will proof this as soon as I have the gear for it!

royalbarnes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok just checked the lumberjack. have 120 swords/tact/anat 150 str 100DI Damage spread in client was 60-72 without LJ, 63-76 with GM LJ didn't hunt anything but i'd say with numbers changing wolfman is right. course not sure on percentages and stuff.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have reforged a +30 STR suit, 100% Fire Damage Two-Handed Axe and started hunting rabbits and small birds around Luna (my char has 0 swordsmanship).

Base weapon damage was 16-19. With 150 STR, 120 Tactics, 117.9 Anatomy, 100 Lumberjack I got 68-80. Without Lumberjack damage was 63-75. As to Logrus info the cap is 64-76.
I killed few dozens rabbits and birds (0 fire res) and do did 80 damage and had never done less than 68 damage.
Simetimes I did even more damage. Numbers in my stats window changed to 79-94 for a short time when I did over 80 damage. I think it's critical hits.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say I remember something about lumber jacking exceeding or allowing partly exceeding the DI cap. Since I've never used it, I don't keep it in mind- I'll see if I can find a reference to it.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if this is true i have to modify my template to:
120 sword
120 chiv
120 bushido
100 (115) tactics
100 (115) anatomy
100 lumberjacking
60 parry

And go out there with a double axe

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think (but not sure) that critical hits are affected by 300% DM cap.

But you can try Fire Daemons if you want a record damage :). My treasure hunter does up to 260 damage to Fire Daemons even without lumberjack.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm dont know if thats so. I saw that dmg numbers in char sheet change before a critical hit

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I never seen I did more than 3x normal damage with AI so I believe I can't do more than 3x normal damage with a critical hit.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The screenshot below is what happened with my stats before i landed a critical hit, it did more dmg than the normal ones.

Last edited:

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have almost completed the skills for this template.
Sadly no +20 PS atm, so i thought, i could use a little practice, and i decided to go for:

100 sword (110)
100 chiv
100 bushido
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 lumberjacking
100 parry (110)
(100 resisting soultoned)

and try using a knight's set (from the cleanup system) http://www.uoguide.com/Knight's_Armor_Set

I have a pair of good jewelry, with +10 Swords and Parry and 16LMC and 30 HCI 30 DCI.
I don't have the HLL100 weap, but i plan on crafting it ASAP.

Can i fight something useful solo (renowned, peerless) with this template and measly gear?
I was thinking about Miasma, do you think i can beat it (provided i can reach it with the help of some inv potions)?

Thanks for any answer, i know this isn't top-rated gear or template, but, hey, you have to start somewhere, don't you? :D

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I believe a simple "starting suit" would be better:
6 items: 4 HPI, 7 SI, 7 MI, 7 LMC, resists (80-100 max durability)
jewels: 22 DI, 13 HCI, 13 DCI, 7 STR, 7 DEX (may be skills instead of stats)
artifacts: mana orb and may be quiver, shroud

100 HLL weapon is the base of this template

you can do renowned
you can't do peerless (but there is no sence to do peerless solo)
you can do Miasma (usually it's easy to get to it)

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can probably do miasma with 100 HLL on your weapon. Since you won't be in vamp form you can bring GC pots.

If you can handle the spawn you'll be able to handle Rikktor and Barracoon (fel side). Keep to the edges and don't bite off more than you can chew.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As corwin said 100 hll is a must have here. Not very difficult to craft. Peerless and champs solo you shouldnt do unless you got the needed120 pscrolls. What you can do too is swapping lumberjacking for healing

ogiaev

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if this is true i have to modify my template to:
120 sword
120 chiv
120 bushido
100 (115) tactics
100 (115) anatomy
100 lumberjacking
60 parry

And go out there with a double axe
Hi there Duncan, Im the guy you made that shame katana for the other day :)
Was wondering if ths is the template you are running? Is the LJ dmg bonus worth it i mean?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh im running different templates. The one above is ok. The lumberjacking dmg bonus is nice. Against hard hitting mobs i prefer a template with 120 parry