• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pacific needs the publish and server maintenance

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now Pacific doesn't have the new publish and we are some time past our server maintenance. All week long, there have been grumbles about various things being broken. Plants aren't growing. Champ spawns that would normally reset during server maintenance haven't. Gypsy camps in Ilshenar are abandoned and not relocating. All this seems to indicate that Pacific has not been going through it's daily maintenance for a week or so. I myself witnessed this yesterday as I played through when Pacific would normally be taken down for maintenance. Can you guys fix this issue?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot! Kyronix just came on Pacific and it seems we are getting a maintenance! Thanks man!
The ones I used before he published Pac are still used. Grrr, I now see this was an ongoing issue, even more grrrrrs.

Maybe I can still get a plant in the time left. What bugs me more is that the devs ignored the issue for some time. Why?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones I used before he published Pac are still used. Grrr, I now see this was an ongoing issue, even more grrrrrs.

Maybe I can still get a plant in the time left. What bugs me more is that the devs ignored the issue for some time. Why?

Well, think of it this way. No Pacific player figured out the server wasn't missing its daily maintenance until today and we play the shard every day. I heard all these issues going on, but I didn't put it together until the publish was missing. They probably heard things were glitchy on Pac, but maybe they looked at the code and the code was fine. It just happened to be a different sort of issue.

Steelhead

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, think of it this way. No Pacific player figured out the server wasn't missing its daily maintenance until today and we play the shard every day. I heard all these issues going on, but I didn't put it together until the publish was missing. They probably heard things were glitchy on Pac, but maybe they looked at the code and the code was fine. It just happened to be a different sort of issue.
But who sits around waiting to see if the server should go down for maintenance? It is part of what should happen...lol

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But who sits around waiting to see if the server should go down for maintenance? It is part of what should happen...lol
Thousands of players used to. Daily rares hunting used to be challenging with so many players trying to get'em.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that we got our server maintenance, did we get the publish as well?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that we got our server maintenance, did we get the publish as well?
Kyronix forced the server maintenance yesterday and we got the publish, but I'm logged in right now today, a day later, and the server seemingly hasn't gone down for maintenance. Kyronix, can you see if maybe Pacific's maintenance schedule has been deleted or something? I know a lack of server maintenance is going to cause us problems!

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was afraid of that. Didn't want to jynx it so I didn't say anything.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11-22-2014 and I've had a character logged in all through what should be our server maintenance.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just woke up and checked to see if my plants grew, unfortunately they did not so I assumed this was the problem. I wonder what the issue is that's preventing us from getting our scheduled maintenance.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11-23-2014. Another day, another skipped maintenance. By the way, are the horns of plenty refreshing their charges or is that dependent on Server Maintenance too?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the Horns of Plenty are getting a charge everyday but the coffee plants you get from them definitely are not growing (along with all of the other plants).

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh darn! Pacific just went down. I hope this isn't because of missing maintenance! I hope it has still been backing up despite a lack of daily maintenance!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy to say Pacific returned yesterday and there was no great revert as I had feared. The backup system is working well, at least. It did, however, take 6 hours before it was noticed that Pacific had gone down. Yes, it went down in the middle of the night for those of us in the US, but some of us play at that times. What's more, for our friends around the glove who play Pacific, these might be prime hours for them. Anyway, I'm posting this because Pacific once against missed it's daily maintenance 11-25-2014.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked my plants and they have grown since yesterday. I know this is several hours after when maintenance was supposed to happen but I appears as if it has happened since this morning.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a server patch which got missed because of a lack of server maintenance. They took it down to apply it several hours after the typical maintenance. We'll check again tomorrow and see if maintenance occurs.