• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Overcapping Resists

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a while since I built a sampire suit.

Vampiric Embrace = -25 fire
Getting hit with Corpse Skin = - 15 fire, -15 poison
Protection = -15 physical

Anything new out there that I should be concerned with? Such as new spells or abilities cast by some of the new boss encounters, etc

The max fire resist I have put on a suit was 98 with bloodwood enhance. Just out of curiosity, has anyone built a maxed resist suit with 40 overcapped fire resist?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it's worth overcapping that much. If I get corpse skinned I just remove curse / apple.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't believe there is anything else you need to think about for a normal Sampire suit these days.

There are plenty of suits out there with 115 fire resist. The max fire resist you can get on a piece of armor is 24. You get 6 slots. 115 fire resist isn't that hard to come by.

I also agree with the idea that overcapping for corpse skin isn't particularly useful, for the same reason.