• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Photoshop help please :)

P

pikon198

Can anyone tell me how i can select just a specific image in a picture say for example my stick figure pirates, if i wanted to just select him out of the picture and paste him into another background in photoshop how would i do this?

I'm kinda new to photoshop so please explain it to me as if i wear a mentally ******** child from canada
( I really am Shhh!)

Yes yes, the sentence structure in this post sucks.

Where o' where did all the periods go, they fell into the ocean.

G

mm maybe do a copy of that image, paste it onto a blank canvas, then erase everything around him, copy whats left, place into pic you want it in.

Save the transparent pirate guy for later use.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an easier way, but thats the easiest way I can think of.

G

I can help, i think. Load your picture into photoshop.
Use the magic wand tool.
Click the background of the picture ... like in your sig, click the purple area.
You'll see the dotted marching ants.
At the top of toolbar, click select, then click inverse.
The dotted marching ants will shift around your imagine.
Then go to edit, and cut.
Go to file, open new file.
Go to edit. Paste image.
This will paste the picture without the back ground.

There's 2 things to take into consideration though.
This only works on a solid color background.... and
there may need to be some editing/erasing done first, depending on how the images are connected. My advise is to erase as much from the image as possible before selecting/inverse, and make sure there is a background color surrounding the image or your cut won't be clean.

See if that helps, if not my ICQ is 76156528. I can help you after work.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Convent the the image to a raster layer then use magic wand to select the back ground push delete key. Then use free hand too to clean up the small areas. Select the part of the picture you want and paste it to the new image.

L

leroyjenkins

<blockquote><hr>

Can anyone tell me how i can select just a specific image in a picture say for example my stick figure pirates, if i wanted to just select him out of the picture and paste him into another background in photoshop how would i do this?

I'm kinda new to photoshop so please explain it to me as if i mentally ******** child from canada
( I really am Shhh!)

Yes yes, the sentence structure in this post sucks.

Where o' where did all the periods go, they fell into the ocean.

[/ QUOTE ]

hay whats wrong with Canada pfft lolz :p

G

I have never used Photoshop, but I am sure it has a matting feature and defringe feature of some sort like Paintshop, since it has many more features than Paintshop presumably. Once you have done the magic wand/inverse select business in your raster layer as already described, you want to float and then de-mat the selection, either removing a solid color mat or trimming a whole layer of pixels indiscriminately around the border (you specify the depth to trim). This helps gets rid of a lot of the fuzzy edges, but as already said, it really works best for a single color background.

-Skylark

I

imported_CountLovE

First off, you will have a very hard time using the wand tool, and your matte edges will be off. If you are using Photoshop CS2/CS3 you need to draw a matte.

What you do is Duplicate your image so you don't just have the background image.

Hide your original background image in the Layers attribute.

Grab the Pen tool on tool bar and start drawing a mask around your image. You will basically have vector points which you can edit again.

Once you closed your mask you will see it in the layers editor. You want to Hold ALT, and move the mask layer it onto your duplicate image. Now you will have that part sectioned out. It basically uses the Mask as an alpha.

At anytime you can move the points around to modify your curve. All you have to do is select Direct Select from the tool bar. Then click on your mask.

You can get very accurate with it, and modify things later on.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what version of Paint Shop Pro do you have? I'm running 8.10 is there enough stuff in the new Coral version 10 to make it a worth while up grade?

G

I downloaded the eval version of X, but did not like what I saw of it. In typical Corel fashion, they had to complicate it. I wish JASC still owned it.

I am still using version 9.

-Skylark