• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: New Computer for KR

G

Greetings friends.

I have just been giving permission to replace my VAIO which is showing its age with pretty much anything I want.

I would love to hear what folks here have to say about KR and new machines.

At work I use everything from Win2k, XP, Vista, PC-BSD, UNIX and Mac, so I am game for anything.

My wife and kids have their own machines, so this one will be mostly business, some UO. I don't play a lot of other games, and most of the ones I enjoy are older. I am looking for a business/game machine that will have a life cycle of around 4-5 years. I am capable of building one, but with 2 jobs and 2+2 kids I am fairly busy and would not mind an off the shelf solution.

Thanks!
JFR

I

imported_archite666

Im in the middle of building a new PC heres what I got

Nvidia 680i motherboard, so sweet not as good as their ultimate board but you dont wanna set all the calibrations, this one is great.

Gforce 9600 graphics card with 512 graphic memory, this combined with the Nvidia motherboard guarantees the card and board will work in harmony, not to mention I could always buy another one and bridge them.

Intel Extreme Quad Core processor, enough said, quad core is the way to go if your looking for a lasting pc.

320 GB harddrive, enough for all that media.

The rest was, num pad, keyboard, mouse, dvd burner and what not, pretty much everything needed for someone with a pc minus the case and the monitor.

Price? would you believe only $910.00?

The Quad Core was only 200$, Microcenter FTW.

X

xxEvolusxx

I only have a laptop. However, it is state of the line (or was a year ago
).

Anyways, KR runs great on this machine. Here are the specs:

Intel Core duo 2.20 GHz
4 Gigs of ram
32 Bit Vista
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
17" Widescreen Monitor
200 GB Harddrive 7200 RPM

I can't think of anything else to post. If any more info needed let me know!

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

there is no computer on the planet that will play that game!

that being said, im not building a newcomp this time around. im gonna buy a base setup, somthing with the best motherboard proccessor possible. from some place where you get a warrenty. with all the parts, but mostly concerned about the MB and the processor. then im gonna just buy (upgrade) the rest of the peices i need. graphixs card, ram and what not.

this way you have the base comp and just add the sweetness. and a warrenty. not that my current on i put together isnt good, but so many a time did i worry bout frying the board or processor, with no warrenty.

so for $500-$600 you can get a box with great MB and processor, low ram and video card, then just upgrade that stuff its usually cheaper to do it this way.

but again i doubt any comp will run KR smoothly!