• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT - Input needed!

• Thread starter imported_Luka Melehan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Luka Melehan

Hey! I am doing research for an online business class and I was wondering if some of you would like to help me out by answering some gaming questions. If so, you may do so in reply, or in PM. Please be as lengthy or concise as you wish. The questions apply to any game you now or ever played. Some of the questions may seem redundant, but in some genres, they are not. Thanks!!

What kind of RP, if any, do you prefer?

What kind of RP, if any, do you currently participate in?

What kind of PvP, if any, do you prefer?

What kind of PvP, if any, do you currently participate in?

What would be your ideal PvP scenario?

Do you prefer one vs one or group PvP?

What kind of combat, if any, do you prefer?

What kind of combat, if any, do you currently participate in?

What is your philosophy concerning RP?

What is your preferred RP style?

What is your preferred combat style?

Is there anything in the areas of RP or Combat that you would like to see, or see more of?

What PvP experience in other games do you enjoy and why?

Thanks so much for participating in my research. This is instrumental in my finding out what I need to know. If you are interested in knowing what all this is for, or would like to participate in real time discussions on the subject, please let me know.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far!

I

imported_Bluebottle

What kind of RP, if any, do you prefer?

If the game and/or participants demands RP - I'm happy to go along with it - I enjoy any RP that enhances the game playing experience.

What kind of RP, if any, do you currently participate in?

I always try to RP the class of character I'm playing, Thief/Mage/Warrior/Engineer/Craftsman/Scientist/Evil Genius

What kind of PvP, if any, do you prefer?

The type that uses just the standard UI (plus a voice chat-channel) and requires cunning, strategy, misdirection, treachery but NEVER taken seriously (unless its in character).

I thoroughly DETEST PvP that relies on the fastest hardware, zero latency connections and most especially add-on utilities to enable scripting, automatic operations and/or twitch reflexes!

What kind of PvP, if any, do you currently participate in?

Guildwars/UT/Quake - Team vs Team - MMO - UO - Currently PvP avoidance since the above situation prevails which pretty much removes any enjoyment I might have.

What would be your ideal PvP scenario?

Any PvP for a reason other than ego kindling! Group PvP within a command structure with clearly stated objectives and RP thrown in.

Do you prefer one vs one or group PvP?

Group vs Group PvP

What kind of combat, if any, do you prefer?

Cooperative combined arms operations.

What kind of combat, if any, do you currently participate in?

Cooperative combined arms operations.

What is your philosophy concerning RP?

I think it enhances some games but since it is not always followed by all I won't force it on others.

What is your preferred RP style?

I like to RP eccentric characters

What is your preferred combat style?

I prefer unorthodox style - weird weapons, odd tactics while hurling incoherent gibberish

Is there anything in the areas of RP or Combat that you would like to see, or see more of?

NPC henchies that can be "programmed" to RP in the style of the player owner.

What PvP experience in other games do you enjoy and why?

Guildwars - Team vs Team - much better balance with latency matching and low hardware requirements. I think I'd like Eve given what I've read about the PvP there.

Thanks so much for participating in my research. This is instrumental in my finding out what I need to know. If you are interested in knowing what all this is for, or would like to participate in real time discussions on the subject, please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]