• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT - ICQ question

• Thread starter imported_Death of Hemp
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Death of Hemp

I've used ICQ for years without a problem. It seems that in the last month or so, I can't add anybody to my list. I just did an experiment to verify this is what happens; someone adds me to thier icq list, icq asks me if i want to add them to my list, I click that I do want to add them and it acts as thought it has added them but when I check my list....no new names! Is there a max number of contacts I can have? Any ideas here?

I apologize to anyone who has added me and not been able to.

G

had the same problem. as i trashed my comp, i installed the new icq version (i use trillian normally) and deleted the complete list. now i can add people again without a problem at all. my assume: there is a limit.

G

when I hit this problem I tried icq boards for a solution.

What I found was, you can only have a set number (which I can't remember) of names in any group. Split your list into groups and you'll be good to go.

I have a 'europa' list, a 'siege' list, a 'traders' list and a 'RL' list.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea bro mine is full too i cant add anyone without deleting someone i got like 250 on my list tho so... who knows/

G

split your list into different groups. I currently have over 300 contacts in all (probably over half no longer online, but never mind)