• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[OT] Huge dilemma!!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so i named my cat Kricket. Spelled with a K not a C like the sport. But do i want to spell it Krikket or Kricket? Or maybe i should call him Cricket with a C, making his full name 'Sir Jiminy Cricket'....

I like that. I wish Jiminy Cricket was spelled with a K not a C.

OK i think just typing this has helped me decide!

Id like to introduce

"Sir Jiminy Cricket"

Fink suggested to me to name him "Sir Jiminy Krikket" kind of like that. What dpes everyone think?

"Jiminy Cricket!" was originally a polite expletive euphemism for Jesus Christ. The name of the character is a play on the exclamation (which itself was uttered in Pinocchio's immediate predecessor, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs). Another example occurs in the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. When the group first enters the Wizard's chamber, they are startled by the Wizard's sudden thunder-and-lightning display, and Dorothy (Judy Garland) cries, "Oh! Oh! Jiminy Crickets!" (Garland also says the expression in her 1938 film Listen, Darling).

Still open to opinions on this. Please give me any advice youd like

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my bf wanted to name it 'Guilty', cos all cats are guilty in his book. I actualy looked at naming him Guilty in diff languages. But i couldnt find the word Guilty in a language that made it sound like a nice word.

G

well thats because it isnt really a nice word... its a cat. my old boy, may he be resting in peace. his name was buster. but he only ever came when you called pusspuss
the cat is a suitable name!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive followed good advice and said his name before and during feeding. He will now come running when i say Kricket. So i think ill stick to Kricket, with the full name of Sir Jiminy Kircket.
Like a racehorse, or a show dog, they all have their full names, but then just their nickname type thing.

G

Awww dats awesome :p
Nice little Russian Blue you have there Jaz.

I had this little number dropped on my doorstep 6 weeks ago.

and im keeping her

she is very rare, %99 of ginger cats are male, and this one is a little princess.

Just had her at the vet the other day, for her first shots, and the Vet told me that she is only 8 weeks old now, so she was dumped on my doorstep when she was only 2 weeks old, hence her eyes are bright blue, that only lasts about 5 weeks for a cat before they change to hazel. She fit in the palm of my hand when she was found.

So the name i gave her is... Boo.... Coz thats what you say when you go to surprise someone :p and boy was she a surprise to find on my doorstep.
Her full name is Princess Boo Jingle. But i just call her Boo for short :p

G

What you should be deciding is the fastest way to fattin it up then the best recipe for cooking it.... No thats just cruel.

Name it stay. Works better on a dog cause cats dont listen. Then you can go come here stay. It will go mental and have a really unique personality.

G

hehe we have a dog called gizmo, [censored] a storgi (staffi X corgi yeah i know weird eh) name suits her to a T really cute sometimes, other times you want to throttle her ha!
and we have a cat called white, Z named him, was pure white when we got him and now he has ginger points.

past cats. was my buster (giant giner(D)) Beetle (blue russian(U)) Missy (tabby(D)) Diesel (pure black(U)) and Chelsea (missy replica(U))
dogs gizmo & bella (jack russel (D))

D=dead
U=Unknown

G

get rid of pets and populate Austraila! god i did 7 sons 3 daughters 16 grand children 6 great grandis and i still NOT change a nappy!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you hear about the two tri colored cats, male and female that were found out in the bush in a bag. Both beautifull coloring. It made it into the front page of the herand sun at the time, cos they wanted to point out to the ****wit that did it, that a tri coloerd male (of that particular breed) cat is so rare it practicaly doesnt exist. Undesexed it would have been worth upwards of $7000 to $1500.

When i read that all i could think was i realy realy hope the guy who dumped them reads this. God id love to see his reaction.

Ofcourse the kittens ended up at a shelter and were both desexed immidiatly, and sold. As per standard rules. I belive that should have made an exeption for that particular male cat, as they could have auctioned him off to a breeder and the funds could have helped with the shelters fee's etc etc.

But anyhoo, it all worked out well.

D

Dain69

Hrmm i had a ginger when i was like 6 that i called Gonzo...

Boy was i unhappy when i found out what it actually meant a few years later.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hrmm i had a ginger when i was like 6 that i called Gonzo...

Boy was i unhappy when i found out what it actually meant a few years later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt Gonzo a Muppet? Whats so bad about that? *goes to do google search*

edit: I couldnt find anything apart from Gonzo the muppet on Google....

D

Dain69

Maybe a slang dictionary might help.

As far as i know, its commonly known (in my area anyway lol) as the act of filming yourself during sex (you must be holding the camera yourself)

G

<blockquote><hr>

As far as i know, its commonly known (in my area anyway lol) as the act of filming yourself during sex (you must be holding the camera yourself)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah the actor-director.. such a demanding double role. &gt;_&lt;'

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well....

If your cats names Gonzo, and thats the first thing that comes to mind rather then the Muppet....

G

I did some googling (had to laugh cause that last post came up in the results) but the only link i could find with gonzo was from fear and loathing in las vegas and and Where the Buffalo Roam.
the i reworded it and i think i hit paydirt....
wikipedia!!!
I wont copy &amp; paste any of it just in case its a umma bad thing. but *stiffles a laugh* its a real thing. bless you internet, i learnt something new today.

here is the link if you want to read about it.