• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: forums...boring...losing...consciousness!!

G

Yup.

Anyone else a fan of The Tick (the animated series not the lame-O live actor one)?

Btw, post title inspired by The Tick's comment while he is being given a mission briefing, complete with a slide show, before he takes on Pineapple Pokopo.

Here are some good Tick quotes:

"Chef of chicanery! Your buns are mine!" - (while chasing the villainous Breadmaster)

"It's starting to smell a little like danger in here, *sniff* *sniff*...or heavily fried food." - (when entering the lair of the evil Proto Clown)

"Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix. And even though evil may wear big floppy pants, it ARRRRRGH!..." - (starting his usual wrap-up for justice speech, then finding out that he hadn't actually quite finished off Proto Clown)

"On justice and on friendship, there is no price, but there are established credit limits."

And probably one of my favorites:

"Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it in the nose with the rolled-up newspaper of goodness!"

-Skylark

G

"Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you've got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception."

-Skylark

R

Rykus

Is it just me, or is American Maid the only one on the show who even vaguely resembled a hero? She seemed to be the only one who could accomplish anything without royally screwing it, and everything else up along the way.

Yes, I too miss The Tick...

G

Har, yes...she didn't have actual super powers, but took out crime with her stiletto heels.

I used to watch that series faithfully, and although I haven't seen an episode in years and a lot of the details of the villains and superheros have faded I always think of Sewer Urchin mumbling in his RainMan voice: "of course...I'm an excellent superhero" or some such, while hiding from crime fighting at the same time.

-Skylark

G

I-I-I just, uh, I just uh, wanted to use the uh, heh, ah-AND SO HE SAYS, EVIL'S OKAY IN MY BOOK, WHAT ABOUT YOURS? AND I GO YEAH BABY YEAH! YEAH! I... I... uh, just wanted to, uh, wash my hands.

R

Rykus

My all time favorite Tick moment is when he is unconscious and traveling within his own mind. He gets to meet his own ego (or something brainy) and can ask it any question he wants, and will get a correct answer. The only thing he could come up with was:

"Uh, how'ya doin'"?

Followed by a large "thumbs-up" statue rising up from the ground.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My all time favorite Tick moment is when he is unconscious and traveling within his own mind. He gets to meet his own ego (or something brainy) and can ask it any question he wants, and will get a correct answer. The only thing he could come up with was:

"Uh, how'ya doin'"?

Followed by a large "thumbs-up" statue rising up from the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tick's brain: "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiny objects."
The Tick: "Yeah, shiny objects are nice"

"What good is science if no one gets hurt?" - the evil scientist Chrome Dome

You know, now that I think about it, the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight is sort of a cross between Robert Franko, &amp; WyRm...with all those sentences that start/end with "Aaaaah hahahaha" and "Baby."

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

hey you! get back over to guildportal where you belong!

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

thats where my character name comes from--Paul the Samurai

[/ QUOTE ]

*coughs*...I was wondering how long it would take for you to reply to this. I mean, duh! If anyone should be posting in an OT: The Tick thread, it should be someone with a name of a char in the series. I was going to give it another day before saying something...and calling you a n00b.

-Skylark