• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Contact stuck in eye...anyone have this happen?

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lost it in my eye about 10 hours ago, I can still feel that eye isnt normal so I know it didn't come out during the night. Any tips for a one eyed fellow?

G

Is it a flexible one? A friend of mine had that happen quite often, it went to the side of his eyeball, he could massage it out again, usually it was curled up.

Kind regards

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, it was a soft contact ive tried flushing water into my eye and various drops..nothing yet ;(

thanks for the tip.

S

Sir Ha-ward

Ive had this happen alot. Wherever you were when it first happened look around in that area to be 100% sure it didnt come out right away. The sensation that your feeling could be due to the irritation of the eyeball and not the actual contact itself being lodged behind your lid.

G

I've had 'em slide to the side and even the back of my eyeball...

I find grasping hold of my eyelashes for that eye, upper or lower, depending where it slid to, then pulling the lid away from the eye, cupping my other hand under the whole works and rolling my eyeball like crazy and it'll eventually pop right out. You'll feel it moving while you do it. It's kinda freaky really. Delly freaks out whenever I have to do it. Just the thought of something on the back of my eye creeps her out.

Lotsa luck.

G

I have had contacts as well. It may not even be in the eye any longer...BUT if it is and it is not coming out and you have flushed the eye with water etc. YOU better hit the optomitrist, and get it checked out.

The human eye is nothing to fool around with.

I once delayed an injury to my own eye, as it felt meaningless and puny of an injury at the time. Later on that night, woke up at 3am due to pain shooting thru the eye, and ended up in the ER cuz the eye so swollen up, over the hours and turned all fuglie black blue purple and had been injured far more than I had ever fathomed it was injured.

*thus do not mess around with your eye or eyesight if no solution get in there first chance ya get to optomitrist or ER if need be see if they can find the lense ..or not and check for any injury etc.

*ie dont end up with an eye bandage on ye eye for 12 days cuz of something dumb or neglectful we did to our eye, cuz that sucks and hurts*