• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Cloverfield

P

pikon198

fricken awsome movie, anyone who likes triller suspence movies must watch this. Best 12 bucks i spent on a movie this past year. When i walked out on 42nd street i felt like the damn monster was about to show up at any moment. Wooot, fun fun fun movie. Anyone else see it yet ?

G

I want to see it. It looks great ... But damn $12 WOW. It's only $7.50 here. Hope you took a date !!!! LOL ...

P

pikon198

a bunch of my freinds went hehe. I know it was early in the afternoon but we got high by 40th street and we had a bottle of jd
We bought the big cokes and made some drinks to enjoy the movie more fully.

As for the godzilla movie thing, i think it makes godzilla look like a big bunny or marshmello man *wink wink*

The camera is shakey i didnt like that too much but i guess it added some thrill to the chase. At the end i was happy the shaking camera man got.... Well you'll see :p

G

screw 12$ ill wait till 4$ tuesdays in my town any show before 4pm on tuesdays is only 4$ but im definatly going to see it.

G

So I guess I shouldn't mention the $1 ticket price I pay for first run movies, eh?

That is when the opportunity presents itself for me to actually goto the movies without the kiddos

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bumps into thread*

when i was a wee lass in 81...my da took me to see Excalibur in NYC. As soon as the lights went out...lighters were lighting up everywhere and the smell of all difft types filled the theatre.

BTW...the movie rocks...and for you pleasure, some quotations from Wilki:

Quotations
Merlin states the film's central theme, reflecting an ancient Celtic belief about kingship:

"You will be the land,
And the land will be you.
If you fail, the land will perish;
As you thrive, the land will blossom."

Later, he states the allegory of the Dragon:

MERLIN: The dragon! A beast of such power that if you were to see it whole and all complete in a single glance, it would burn you to cinders.
ARTHUR: Where is it?
MERLIN: It is everywhere; it is everything. Its scales glisten in the bark of trees, its roar is heard in the wind, and its forked tongue strikes like — like — [Lightning strikes] Whoa! Like lightning! Yes, that's it!

Later, he touches on the conflict between Christianity and polytheism:

"The One God comes to drive out the many gods. The spirits of wood and stream grow silent. But that's the way of things. It's time for men and their ways."

Pallenberg and Boorman's screenplay touches on the heroic themes with directness. As Arthur declares:

"Any man who would be a knight and follow a King, follow me!"

I

imported_archite666

* Minor Spoiler Alert*

just saw it , not bad, acting wast bad, I feel that it lacked the brutal side of human behavior, like there would have been alot more cussing, I mean it was rated PG-13 but I feel in that situation it would have certainly been alot of "R" stuff going on. Also the movie was a little too story-board for me, I mean I like how they tied it together but it followed the same storyline of countless other "guys goes to resue girl movies. And thats fine and all but I think the way the movie was portrayed was ment to keep people at the edge of their seats on how "real" it felt so thats my two cents on how they could have achieved that more.

G

Yeah it didn't seem too real to me either. I for one in that situation would be screaming "HOLY S**T ITS GODMOTHERF******GZILLA!!!" Then getting a bat and go to die in one of the only respectable death scenarios I can envision for myself.
I hated "hud". The lameness of his "hi i'm the comic relief guy" really irritated me. I do have to say, that that was one hell of a camera they had.

Little tip to anyone who does plan to see it: do NOT sit in the front row. Its 100% handheld blair witch but way jerkier/spinning around all the time style, so I had to stop looking at the sceen like 20 minutes in for fear of tossing cookies. I just looked up every now and then or when it sounded like the monster would be on screen.

I did like the monster though. Well done.

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

screw 12$ ill wait till 4$ tuesdays in my town any show before 4pm on tuesdays is only 4$ but im definatly going to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i dish out 13 bucks on this game i can afford paying 12 bucks on a movie hehe. Plus everything in NEW YORK CITY is expensive. Dunno where you live Goodguy but its defently not around here buddy. :/

G

It was worth every penny, Great movie , CRAZY AS HELL .... I paid $6.25 full fair ...LOL

G

I personally was hyped about it, and just saw it today.. I think it was a bit of a letdown. I've been tryin to find info on the origin of the monster and stuff. Also in the very last scene, you see something fall. I've heard rumors of what it is, but how does everything tie in?

If you've seen any of the Viral sites, you'll get what I'm sayin.

P

pikon198

thats the monster falling from space man. I if you see when it cuts to the coney island video its dated 27th of april when he was with beth. Then the movie begins with it capsizing an oil tanker and desotrying the statue of liberty. I really liked the movie, i guess it depends on the theatre you see it at. The one i went to had a real big sscreen and the volume was loud with bass. So when the monster moved your seat really shook lol. So yea that thing you saw falling was the monster. Were from space did it come, no idea but it was a fun ride for a pg13 movie.

I

imported_Salaw

I thought this was a big waste of my money and time. If I wanted to watch a home documentary I'd do it AT HOME. Thats a couple hours of life I'll never get back...

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of those movies you either love or hate (like grindhouse)

My son and I liked it but my wife hated it.

It reminded me of an old movie in 1988 called Miracle Mile.
That movie is like a bad dream where the harder and faster you try to get out of the city (or get away from a monster) the slower you go.

Lorddog

G

<blockquote><hr>

thats the monster falling from space man. I if you see when it cuts to the coney island video its dated 27th of april when he was with beth. Then the movie begins with it capsizing an oil tanker and desotrying the statue of liberty. I really liked the movie, i guess it depends on the theatre you see it at. The one i went to had a real big sscreen and the volume was loud with bass. So when the monster moved your seat really shook lol. So yea that thing you saw falling was the monster. Were from space did it come, no idea but it was a fun ride for a pg13 movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not the monster falling. Jj Abrams put out several videos on Viral Sites. Theres one of the monster destroying an oil rig in the middle of the ocean. Also, its stated that it IS a satellite by many many sources. I thought the same thing you did though.