• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Bringing back MST3K

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, sorry for this being so OT, and advertising like this makes me feel a bit... oily... but if any tv show ever "meant" something to me, it's Mystery Science Theater 3000. You may or may not know, they are bringing the show back, and the kickstarter to fund it is ending in 10 hours. They haven't hit the number they need to make a full 12 episode season, but are very close.

Bring Back MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000

I know there are some "Misties" among us UO players and forum posters, so I thought I would share this. There are a lot of cool rewards, the new cast looks pretty promising (Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day in particular), as do all the artists, guest writers and planned cameos (Mark Hamill and Jerry Seinfeld being two).

So if you have seen/liked the show, think about backing the project, won't you? Before my post is deleted. :p

Again... sorry, but I felt like I had to do my part for a bunch of very funny folks who's humor got me through many a dark day.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey, sorry for this being so OT, and advertising like this makes me feel a bit... oily... but if any tv show ever "meant" something to me, it's Mystery Science Theater 3000. You may or may not know, they are bringing the show back, and the kickstarter to fund it is ending in 10 hours. They haven't hit the number they need to make a full 12 episode season, but are very close.

Bring Back MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000

I know there are some "Misties" among us UO players and forum posters, so I thought I would share this. There are a lot of cool rewards, the new cast looks pretty promising (Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day in particular), as do all the artists, guest writers and planned cameos (Mark Hamill and Jerry Seinfeld being two).

So if you have seen/liked the show, think about backing the project, won't you? Before my post is deleted. :p

Again... sorry, but I felt like I had to do my part for a bunch of very funny folks who's humor got me through many a dark day.
I PMed you about this :p I'm concerned on how they're gonna deliver this. If it's an internet show it won't have the same punch. But I'd buy the blu-rays! At least I finally got back to having my computer hooked up to the TV so that would be ok I guess.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Maybe I didn't... thought I did. I don't see it in my history. Musta hit the wrong button :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I PMed you about this :p I'm concerned on how they're gonna deliver this. If it's an internet show it won't have the same punch. But I'd buy the blu-rays! At least I finally got back to having my computer hooked up to the TV so that would be ok I guess.
Joel stated at the start that more than just the season they are kickstarting but by showing that there's still an audience, the odds of getting someone to pick it up for further seasons, be it on TV or online would dramatically increase.

This season will be direct from them, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it on Netflix/Hulu, and I also wouldn't be surprised to see either source pick the show up for more seasons.

Honestly it WONT be the same... but if you read the stuff Joel has said about it needing to be new and different, it makes a lot of sense. I'm happy they will get the chance to do it. :D

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Joel stated at the start that more than just the season they are kickstarting but by showing that there's still an audience, the odds of getting someone to pick it up for further seasons, be it on TV or online would dramatically increase.

This season will be direct from them, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it on Netflix/Hulu, and I also wouldn't be surprised to see either source pick the show up for more seasons.

Honestly it WONT be the same... but if you read the stuff Joel has said about it needing to be new and different, it makes a lot of sense. I'm happy they will get the chance to do it. :D
With all respect to Joel I liked the Mike era much better. So change might not be a bad thing. But if Bobo doesn't come back (which I doubt) it'll be a sad day! *sniff*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all respect to Joel I liked the Mike era much better. So change might not be a bad thing. But if Bobo doesn't come back (which I doubt) it'll be a sad day! *sniff*
I always say I think Joel was best at peak, but Mike had a much stronger average. I do expect Bobo will be back, if only in a cameo. I bet most of them will be back in some form, though Mike seemed like he might not. I wouldn't bet it though.