• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*OT* Any star wars fans here? And Other Video Games in General?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new star wars MMO looks hawt!!!! I will be playing this when it comes out. I didnt want to get back into mmos but this video made me want to play it so bad. Maybe its just me! Anyways Im sure Ill see some of you folks in this game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvbv-LkK6w

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never saw anything Star Wars I didn't like :p
Me and the kids sit around and play the Legos Star Wars on their gamecube even LOL
Had heard about it, looks interesting, might be something to try, for sure

N

NewThunder

It will be very interesting to see how Bioware produces this game, I suspect it will always be compared to Star Wars Galaxies; I played SWG for 2 stints, the game was fun to a point, the world was amazing to explore, but there seemed to lack a context to the game;

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tried SWG, the computer I had at the time couldnt handle it, go figure...
Most of the friends I had that left UO to go play it, stayed until the release of hmm, can't remember the expansion's name, then they left and went to other games, for the most part.
I remember one of em telling me that the SWG expansion was their equivalent of AoS lol

S

Sorcon Gartius

I'll be playing this too, let's make sure we're on the same server this time :p

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, depending when this comes out, I guess will depend how long i stay in UO again!!!

Count me in. That trailer was bad ass.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully we can all be on the same server. I have to get a new bad ass pc. But that wont be a prob. But ya Sorc, Ill make sure we are on same server and Im sure me and RLs will be looking for some pvp!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont worry omni you can ride our coattails again........:danceb:

hope the pvp is more like uo once was and not like all the mmo's are now.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Omni i got street fighter today. I might need a few lessons in it.

And a good joy stick to use for the game(no gay comments bob), so send me a link please!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ohh **** RL's I will E. Honda your face off. Ill log on early tuesday or thursday and see if your on. Its a pretty easy game to learn if your plyaing casually. If your going to like tournament fight and use a stick then the learning curve is higher and more technical. I play E. Honda and I am pretty beast. We have had six local fight nights here in Vegas, where a group of like 20 dudes get together and fight it out. I won five of the six....lost in the semi finals in the last one to some newb cause I was being over aggressive. Ohh wells. Heres a good site to kinda get an idea of what to do!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Too lazy to make the link pretty!

Anyways you can get sticks on ebay. The mad cats ones start at like 70$ and they are okay. If you wanna big dog it you can get the compition stick like I have. $200-300 if you can find one. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STREET-FIGHTER-...66:2|39:1|72:1234|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/street-fighter-...66:2|39:1|72:1234|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

On a side note I have been playing Call of Duty World at War...its pretty cool. But I cant wait for Modern Warfare 2! Woots.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah man, just gotta wait until tomorrow when I get my play money check, and not the bill payer!

Thanks man, and not to shabby advice today when fighting.

Just so you know...i was going easy on you, that's why you had such a high winning percentage.....:bowdown:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
88% is rather high, but I did only lose when I used Dhalsim and Seth....two of the worst chars in the game lolz.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RL's son, I just ordered my tourny edition stick! Gonna be here Wednesday and its on!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've still gotta order mine, I think I'll do that shortly.
I wanna get beastly on it, and enter tourney's in Tampa!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This coming from a 45 year old whos greatest moments in life was Ultima Online pvp...silly bob!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bobs just insulted we didn't invite him to play.

Bob, you're still not invited!!!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omni im not that old, still have over a century to hit that. But anyhow I try to stay away from games that require handy work on a stick. But anyhow im sure that omni can teach RL the ways of the tourny stick usage. To bad UO didnt use a pole huh? Nah you still wouldve sucked..........:danceb:

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd post more than this, but I might get introuble and recieve an infraction.

So, I'll just post this-

THIS

ICQ me Bob.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Omni im not that old, still have over a century to hit that. But anyhow I try to stay away from games that require handy work on a stick. But anyhow im sure that omni can teach RL the ways of the tourny stick usage. To bad UO didnt use a pole huh? Nah you still wouldve sucked..........:danceb:
that would be decade nerd lol....decade = 10 years, Century = 100. Silly bob..

lets keep this off topic thread to video games and not bobs personal obsession with sticks.

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RL just pm me, I dont have icq anymore :( . Omni remember the good ole days when we could really boardwar? Anyhow I never really liked the fighting games cept for bushido blade and maybe tekken. But ive been messing around lately on war with sylo and turkey. Now ill leave u guys alone to play with your sticks.............lololololol hehe you knew I coudnt resist :thumbsup:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Picked up a PS3 last weekend. It pretty much destroys the xbox 360. Been playing Killzone 2, its pretty ba. Anyways if anyone wants to hit me up here are meh game tags...

Xbox 360 = xTHE HOT SAUCEx
PS3 = THE_HOT_SAUCE

Also have a Wii, but meh wife plays that one.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, they still haven't set a release date for this game?

When it comes out, we are going with the dark side I hope!

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u guys will have to play it with us (turkey, sylo, sadistik and the rest of the guild). Hopefully dj will have a new comp by then.......

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He has one!

He's been really busy IRL of late though:sad3:. I never get to see the Belacheat fan on ICQ anymore.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No vent atm man. With there being no !O! active atm, there was no reason to keep it up.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*BUMP*

Wow, war is getting boring as ****...I mean Ive leveled four different races up to level ten and I just dont feel like playing anymoer...wtf...

Ohh well, I will be playing Champions Online when it comes out tuesday...its a comic book themed MMO...we shall see how that goes!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So ive been playing Champions online since the first....and so far Im really digging it. The pvp is just merely ok for right now. Im sure they will make it more fun down the road. But Im having fun just questing and using my super powers lol...plus the fact that you can create your own super hero makes it fun too...

Pros....
Awesome character creation...millions of custom options..
Fun world, in a comic book way...
Super Powers are pretty awesome...
Huge world...
Instanced dungeons...

Cons....
Weak PvP atm...its all instanced...im sure tehre will be a patch down the road
Learning curve...builds are hard, templates are being tweaked/nerfed
Instanced dungeons!...some of these are frustratingly hard!

But So far I really like it..

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The star wars MMO looks so sick man. I don't know what class I'll want to play yet.

It's open area pvp too right? Like if you see someone, can just run up and WTF pawn their face in?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assume its open pvp...im hoping so anyways. If anything it will be sith vs republic...

but we shall see. but ya im def getting that **** when it hits....i want in beta!!!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its official...when this Modern Warfare 2 hits in Nov, you wont see me anywhere except there....on the xbox 360 people....my Gamer tag is my signature...I hope to see RLs owning with me in this game...I found some videos of it on youtube. This is just the single player campaign but omg it looks UHMAZING....I cant wait for the online pvp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUmTdeaoiQ&feature=player_embedded