• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin and bad code

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else have problems with codes purchased there? I went to EA mythic account and tried to redeem under key. It said invalid code. I've tried the old promotional code button under help in game. The code is to long

Talked to game advisor on Origin website. He said I'd have to claim it through the Origin client.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What are you attempting to redeem?

Is it an upgrade code for the account? Or a gametime code?

You might try submitting the problem to Mesanna at [email protected].

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is an UO code it either need ingame or mythic, depending on the code type it differs where you have to use it. But in general if it is a code that gives you something ingame it is to be used ingame. in that case to make code fit in box you can effectively remove the dashes ( - ) from the code as the ingame code redeemer does not read those. note: some codes are to be used both places (codes that unlock both entitlement and items, such as kings collection)

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In simple terms: Open your paperdoll, click help, click the green arrow on the left side next to promotional code, add your code there and click ok. Good Luck!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was for a metal Forged Tool. I'll try it without the - symbols. The codes to long for the ingame promotional code with it.
Including the - it's 32 characters long.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In EC, hit escape, select Help, then click on Promotional Code. Ctl V to copy the code as is should work to redeem it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Forged Metal Tool code is used in game via the help menu like I posted above. You do NOT need to use that code on management website.

In Game menu holds 35 chars:

Capture.JPG

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. It makes more sense than this:

To redeem your Forged Metal Tool 5 Charges (100% Enhancment), log into account management Bioware Mythic | Account Management. Log into your EA account and use the current account drop down to pick an account to apply the code to. Activate the key and enter the code in the correct box and enjoy your gaming.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who writes the instructions for these things?

Welp, maybe with the up-coming in-game-store it won't be necessary to get "codes" for these types of purchases.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides all the fantastic help you get here, we should state one thing very clearly: The code-issue has been a mess for years now. It's really disappointing what kind of problems you will face when you want to give Origin some of your money. Should be easier, if you ask me. I am not the crybaby-kind of customer, but rearranging those codes and correctly entering them is really weird...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The entire payment system is a total disaster. From memberships to codes the entire system is amateurish at best. Incompetent at worse.

What really pancakes me off is that they are losing money. Money this game could certainly benefit from!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you. It makes more sense than this:

To redeem your Forged Metal Tool 5 Charges (100% Enhancment), log into account management Bioware Mythic | Account Management. Log into your EA account and use the current account drop down to pick an account to apply the code to. Activate the key and enter the code in the correct box and enjoy your gaming.
Wow, that is exactly backwards. That's how you claim a game code but not an item such as a token or tool, as has been pointed out. That's unfortunate.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that is exactly backwards. That's how you claim a game code but not an item such as a token or tool, as has been pointed out. That's unfortunate.
I got it to work. The fact that a game advisor told me to download Origin client to obtain it. The real sad fact is the EA game advisor didn't know how to redeem it.