• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Ore Elemental Equipment Breakage

F

Fink

I'm making a cheap alternative suit to wear when ore elemental mining as I am aware they can destroy armour and clothing too.

Does anyone know if this destruction also extends to jewelery? I have a pendant of the magi and an alchemist's bauble plus an imbued ring. Logic would dictate that only the ring is at risk as it has durability points, but then clothing does not. Also, I wonder about eyeglasses such as Brightsight Lenses.

I'm doing a whole throw-away suit anyway to be safe, but it occurred to me to ask.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The devs say that anything that isn't Blessed, Cursed, or Insured is at risk, regardless of whether it has durability or not. The breaking chance ignores durability, and is a straight "the item breaks" result.

B

Boogieman

Good idea Fink. I'll do the same.
I had it happen once when I dug up a valorite elemental - fortunately my miner wasn't wearing anything fancy at the time, but he suddenly felt the heat of the sun on his belly - and not just because he had run out of the cave where he was digging.

K

Kallie Pigeon

My smith uses an all 70 set he made himself with bronze runics (except gloves are +5 mining). It's all insured and that may explain why he hasn't lost any pieces lately.
:mf_prop: