• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Opposite reactions to my McWolf

S

Stubby

This morning I had Melody McWolf in river at the bullion mint waiting to go in. A yellow duck named Devin asked me if I was part of the other McWolfs. I said yes, the group from Stratics. He told me that I was one of those who "boots toons". I didn't know what he was talking about, but he seemed upset and said that maybe on "this" toon I never booted a toon. He said he could never trust another toon from Stratics, and I told him I was sorry he felt that way. Then he went into the mint.

Ok, about one minute later, three toons boarded the elevator and I jumped on. When we got inside, one of the toons, a purple bunny I think, asked me if I was with the other McWolfs. I said I was and she jumped up and down and said a McWolf "is always welcome" with her anywhere. She said we were a great bunch and always had fun when running around with one of us. Of course I thanked her and told her that was our goal, to just have fun and help out when needed. We had a great run and had a good time chatting.

Now, THAT was a wild start to my day!! To say the least. :coco:

L

Little Sadie

Devin is actually played by a woman who runs her son's old toon. Next time I see her I will have to ask her what happened. She is very nice. Maybe she is mistaken the McWoof clan for the McWolf clan. There are a lot of McWoofs running around too.

C

Crazy Fireball

Devin is actually played by a woman who runs her son's old toon. Next time I see her I will have to ask her what happened. She is very nice. Maybe she is mistaken the McWoof clan for the McWolf clan. There are a lot of McWoofs running around too.
Our bunch is a nice bunch, the others, not so much.

Im assuming she got confused because ive never seen any Mcwolf get mad.

S

Squeaker

lol Sandi - What a fun morning! I haven't run into many with issues with the McWolf name in itself, just individual toons and that's to be expected.

And Sean, you've played with me enough to know that sometimes a McWolf does blow up a bit!

G

Granjell

I don't understand what she meant by 'booting" people... Like from a boarding group? Personally I've only found people happy to play with McWolfs.

C

Crazy Fireball

I don't understand what she meant by 'booting" people... Like from a boarding group? Personally I've only found people happy to play with McWolfs.
or maybe excluded? Like there where 3 and they wouldnt go with her? I just assumed it was leaving the elevator.

Z

ZippyW

Interesting. My post from yesterday about my experience with McWolfs has been deleted. Hmmm. :eyes:

S

soupandquackers

Interesting. My post from yesterday about my experience with McWolfs has been deleted. Hmmm. :eyes:
You may have thought you hit post comment and you just didnt realize it. I have done that once or twice.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

That is a good point Soup. I have done that myself. I hit the "preview post" button, read it over, then scroll down and hit the "preview post" button again instead of "submit reply". The previewed post looks just the same as it does on the actual post so it is hard to tell. I will just X out thinking I posted it and never actually did. I hate that!! I have done it more than a couple times unfortunately!!!

C

Crazy Fireball

That is a good point Soup. I have done that myself. I hit the "preview post" button, read it over, then scroll down and hit the "preview post" button again instead of "submit reply". The previewed post looks just the same as it does on the actual post so it is hard to tell. I will just X out thinking I posted it and never actually did. I hate that!! I have done it more than a couple times unfortunately!!!
Lol, I have done that more times that one, usally im typing this long thing making a huge point, and dont post it.

G

Granjell

Well Sean - how did you see it, if it didn't post? Did it post and then disappear? That is VERY strange....

G

Granjell

Why would you answer about what was the post if you didn't see it? Now you're confusing me. I meant for Zippy to answer what it was about.

C

Crazy Fireball

Why would you answer about what was the post if you didn't see it? Now you're confusing me. I meant for Zippy to answer what it was about.
Your confusing me whos counfsing uyou.... Gah im soo confused ;D

Well... I Dont know what to say lol.

G

Granjell

"When one does not know what to say, then it is a time to be silent."

That's from a movie, but I can't remember which one.... I'm picturing someone very happy for receiving a gift or something like that.

Now it's bugging me. Help!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I remember it too. I think it is from "The King and I". The old one with Doris Day or Dinah Shore (I think they are actually the same person!!!). Yeah, this thread has taken a confusing turn!!!! I thought Sean had said he saw the missing post too!!

G

Granjell

omg - the King and I with Doris Day??? The one I saw was with Deborah Kerr (red-head) and Yul Brynner - LOL. But I think you may be right. Now I can picture Yul Brynner saying that line. Is it when he gives her the ring?

S

Sally Bumblefoot

LOL now I'm not sure!! We saw 2 different versions of the movie and liked one better than the other. I just checked Netflix and it shows the Deborah Kerr version but no other version. I know I am not dreaming!!! She was a blond and I am sure it was either Doris Day or Dinah Shore. Seriously, they look the same to me and I never know who it is!! It just sounds like what he would say, you know, the stacatta matter-of-fact tone! I will watch it (in all my spare time!!) and let you know if this is it!! It isn't instant view :( so I have to wait for my turn in the que!! My kids love all the old movies....we watched "Talk of the Town" last night and it was hillarious watching them and trying to guess who marries who!! Anyone else know of a version of the King and I with a blond??? Maybe I am just having another "blonde" moment!:blushing: (They do come often)

EDIT: Yep, it was a blonde moment!! I must have been just dreaming it was one of the other two. The old one I saw was Deborah Kerr. The second version was "Anna and the King" with Jodie Foster. So I guess I am only half nuts......she is blonde!! It is really good too so if you liked "The King and I" you should check this one out too.

C

Crazy Fireball

Okay, if i was confused then, im even more confused now, should i watch these movies?