• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Opinions on the New Theme?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Greetings. Many of our users have complained about the dark Animate theme. In order to better accommodate a range of tastes, I have installed a new theme called "Class." This theme provides strong contrasts with muted grays and charcoals. However, the theme is kind of unique in that it allows users to choose their own texture and color scheme.

To change the font, color scheme, or texture, click the blue "AD Styler" tab at the upper left-hand side of the theme.

change_theme1.png

This will allow you to make customization, or to choose from a list of pre-sets.

change_theme2.png

Note: if you have a favorite pre-set, consider sharing it with us. Perhaps we'll upload it for other users to enjoy!

change_theme3.png

To view each change, click "Update." If you want to start over, click "Reset" followed by "Update."

We hope you enjoy this new, lighter choice. We'll continue to be on the lookout for additional light options.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay for color customization. I love it. Now I can chose my favorite themes :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If you aren't seeing textures, clear your browser cache.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice, but too bright for me, I'm going to still with "Animate" :p

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way too bright. Whites from monitors tend to hurt eyes. More mute please.

That said, the customization factor is nice. Just no time to customize presently, so I'll go back to another theme. :)

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So can anyone tell me how to close this asinine A-styler thing? Clicking the X just sends me to the forum index.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using some manner of script blocker, or modifier?
Like NoScript or a Greasemonkey script.
The "link" of the "x" registers as Stratics Forums which should only open as a page if the script's not running as intended

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh, NICE! I love finally having a decent light colored theme. The light-on-dark themes are just hard on the eyes after a while and really tend to stick out when trying to browse at work. This is much nicer and the customization is great.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Class is my new favorite theme for XenForo, but the preponderance of opinions has led us to return Animate as the default theme for the time being. Class will continue to be available via the style choose. For instructions on using the style chooser, see here: How to Change Themes | Stratics Forums.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The option to change the theme is great; I personally love the Animate theme, will it still be available if the default theme is again changed?
Since I was working during the time of the changeover, I didn't really notice if Animate was an option along with the others.
I did dabble in the Styler and went with Velvet at that moment, but to my delight the theme is back to 'normal' this morning! ;)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The option to change the theme is great; I personally love the Animate theme, will it still be available if the default theme is again changed?
Since I was working during the time of the changeover, I didn't really notice if Animate was an option along with the others.
I did dabble in the Styler and went with Velvet at that moment, but to my delight the theme is back to 'normal' this morning! ;)
Yep! We'll keep Animate, even if we have custom themes developed for us. Quite a few folks seem to like it. :)

RhyssaFireheart

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yep! We'll keep Animate, even if we have custom themes developed for us. Quite a few folks seem to like it. :)
Sadly, many people never realize they can change their themes in any flavor of forum software, so when the default is changed on them (by upgrades or customized skins), they rebel and want the "original" default theme back. Not saying that the Animate theme is bad; I'm just not partial to dark themes overall. But if that's what you're used to, anything different is usually seen as bad.

I've run into this on the manga forum I admin. We did a software upgrade that broke the default theme we used and rather than spend too much time trying to fix the theme, we put in a new, upgraded, and different theme in place as default. Oh my. It took a few years, but I finally customized a theme to match the old default and had so many folks who were thrilled that the old theme was back. Not sure why so many people liked green/black, but eh.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sadly, many people never realize they can change their themes in any flavor of forum software, so when the default is changed on them (by upgrades or customized skins), they rebel and want the "original" default theme back. Not saying that the Animate theme is bad; I'm just not partial to dark themes overall. But if that's what you're used to, anything different is usually seen as bad.

I've run into this on the manga forum I admin. We did a software upgrade that broke the default theme we used and rather than spend too much time trying to fix the theme, we put in a new, upgraded, and different theme in place as default. Oh my. It took a few years, but I finally customized a theme to match the old default and had so many folks who were thrilled that the old theme was back. Not sure why so many people liked green/black, but eh.
This was my argument, too. The vogue for forums is lighter, minimalist themes. These tend to be more inviting to new members. However, when the vote was put to the senior staff, the general sentiment was that Animate more closely matched our genre of gaming. Hopefully, I will be able to find someone to create a gaming-appropriate theme that has a nice balance.