• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Opinion on sampire suit

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I've gotten my suit to its final stages or at least close to it. Any insights or suggestions are appreciated. All stats are suit only no weapons and use a cameo set for slayers. I apologize for no photos but I'm at work thinking about this lol

STR: 150 DEX: 150 HP: 140 STAM: 202 MANA: 100 LMC:50 SSI: 25 HCI:45 DCI:25 DI: 100 SKILLS: Parry +30

Weapons:

Double axe: HML HSL HLL HLA HLD
Bladed staff: HML HSL HLL HLA HLD

Resists:
PHY: 75
FIRE: 75
COLD: 70
POIS: 75
ENRG: 80

The 140 HP is annoying me. I'm thinking of dropping stamina to 190 to get to 150 HP but I really like over 200 stamina especially for dread horn.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think I've gotten my suit to its final stages or at least close to it. Any insights or suggestions are appreciated. All stats are suit only no weapons and use a cameo set for slayers. I apologize for no photos but I'm at work thinking about this lol

STR: 150 DEX: 150 HP: 140 STAM: 202 MANA: 100 LMC:50 SSI: 25 HCI:45 DCI:25 DI: 100 SKILLS: Parry +30

Weapons:

Double axe: HML HSL HLL HLA HLD
Bladed staff: HML HSL HLL HLA HLD

Resists:
PHY: 75
FIRE: 75
COLD: 70
POIS: 75
ENRG: 80

The 140 HP is annoying me. I'm thinking of dropping stamina to 190 to get to 150 HP but I really like over 200 stamina especially for dread horn.
Looks like a solid build.

I agree with your point on HP vs Stam - if you can get to 148-150 HP and still have Stam @ 190+ , I'd pull the trigger and go ahead with the change.

For resists, I personally don't think 75 Poison is necessary. If it were me, I'd re-roll the refinements to boost DCI back up to 30.

Is it fair to assume you're running studded/bone?

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does your samp have necro? Was wondering if your resists are after vampiric embrace? @Merlin ,don’t you get a damage bonus for 150 hp or is it 150 strength?

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool,, making sure I have my own samp in order lol,,,, looks good to me,,,, you riding swamp dragon too ? Agree with poison/defense, but looking at your resist, I need to step that up,,, you should slay !!

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the same dilemma with over 200 Stam or 150 HP in the end I went with the hit points and run 193 Stam

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You need 30 less stamina for bladed staff. May be consider have different pieces for different weapon. And have 150HP with staff when you need it.
I'd suggest to add double axes with slayer and hit area for fast clearing champ spawns.

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
I find it so much easier to get to 150 str/hp by going with higher SSI. 35 SSI and 150+ stam for double axes.

SSI items are much easier to get now too. So there are a lot of different combinations from jewelry, robe, back slot, talisman and town buff to get to 35. And the legendary artifacts you need will usually have str/hp instead of dex/stam.

Grugot

Journeyman
I don't know how you guys do it. I've been trying to get a sampire suit for quite a long time. I'm at 129hp, 182stam, 140str, and 180 dex. All the gear I get has SR, MR, etc. Roof run after roof run that is all I get. If I finally get something with HPI or Stam increase it usually filled with other junk like mage armor and LRC.

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Mage armor can be removed by Mage Guildmasters. You can find them in places like New Haven or even Brit's mage shops. Costs 250k.

What artifacts are you using? Or maybe post some of your items.

Like I said above, I think it's easier using more SSI and less stam to get more HP. So going 150+ stam with 35 ssi instead of 20 ssi and 180 stam.
10 ssi on each jewel, 5 town buff, 10 eps. Or 5 ssi on one jewel and 5 ssi on back.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah high SSI is easy to get on ya suite now, I run 45 with town buff atm overkill I know but its just how its worked out Epaulettes +10, Tinker legs +10, ring +10, Cameo +5, SS quiver +5, Town buff+5, I could still add another 10 if I swapped out my bracelet

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know how you guys do it. I've been trying to get a sampire suit for quite a long time. I'm at 129hp, 182stam, 140str, and 180 dex. All the gear I get has SR, MR, etc. Roof run after roof run that is all I get. If I finally get something with HPI or Stam increase it usually filled with other junk like mage armor and LRC.
Post your suit & your stat bar so we can take a look. Also what mastery do you use (I'd recommend warrior [+5 str/HCI/DCI/DI] or bushido [+15mana I think])?

I'd be curious on what your int/mana is too because that's a spot where you think that having 25 mana (naked & no mastery) isn't enough but then you start putting on armor and suddenly you are at like 90-100 which is plenty of mana as long as you are maximizing your damage.

I had stats similar to yours way back (you should still do alright though). I used to have maybe 40-45mana because I felt like I'd run out of mana too much if I didn't have that base (I think my mana might have been like 120). I ended up reworking my suit and dropping mana down to 25 which gave me 20 extra points to drop into stats and that was plenty for str/dex. Since then I hardly ever have an issue with mana (unless there is something that doesn't have a slayer & has 80+ resists which is rare) as all my weapons have max level mana leech.

Grugot

Journeyman
Using prismatic lenses, serpent skin quiver, corrupted paladin vambraces, ozymandias obi, earings of protection, hawkwind's robe, and minax's sandals. None artie gear is as follows.

1687393109629.png 1687393122430.png 1687393132174.png 1687393148933.png 1687393158257.png

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Take @Haraldur Tyrsson advice and take that tunic to the mage shop and remove mage armor, thinking it might raise your lmc when you do.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On my main Samp I run 60 Real skill Parry, 120 Real skill magic resists Which means I don't need skills on my ring n bracelet, Think I still get 22% chance to parry But it means I have room on my jewels for other stuff
(120 in both is Great but it comes at a price!) Personally I would try to work some hpi into the suite Crimson cincture is a good piece to start with, but that will drop your stam a bit and as we all know soon as you get a new piece of gear you end up changing half of your suite to fit it in most of the time
Your legging may also be away to add hpi I realise your probably using them for the resists as well as the stam but you maybe able to find some close to that with better mods and enhance them
While stam regen is nice on a suite, when in battle I rely on my stam leech if its needed

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Happy to meet up with you in game, if it's easier to help ya setup a better suit. You already have a good start and have some decent artifacts. If you have a group doing Shadowguard, it should be fairly easy to fill out the rest of the suit. Or sell stuff to buy exactly what ya need.

There's not just ONE way to build a suit... so many combinations and items to make it work. But that's also what is fun about the game, I think. If you have a mannequin, use it to build out your suit. You have some of the basics down, it seems like. 150 str, 45 hci, 100 di (try to keep that off your weapons), max swing speed.

It looks like you have a lot of stamina and 35 ssi. You only need 150 (plus some buffer) stam with 35 ssi to swing at max speed. So you don't need so many stamina items and can replace some of those with +str and +hp items. You may also consider switching your waist item to Crimson Cincture.

Also keep in mind that you can use VvV items to get you started (HLD glasses or Crimson Cincture can be great items to pick up for basically nothing.)

If you have access to Solaria's Secret Poisons (earrings with 10 hci) and Lord Morphius' Epaulettes (robe slot with 10 ssi), this gets SOO much easier.

Lastly, you don't have to be 120 in everything to be effective. Like some others are saying, maybe worry less about skill gear and towards filling out some of the other bigger things like LMC and HP.

Grugot

Journeyman
I'll play around with it. I appreciate the insight.

I use the prismatic lenses for DI to get to 100. It has HLD of 30% too