• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ophidian Keep

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was lying in the bath listening to pysbient music and thinking about things and I got to wondering; the Ophidian and Terathan war, what is that all about?
It isn't that they are enemies. They must have been for a long time. The governor of Delucia felt it was important enough at some time to commission a crappy mural of it that seems to have been made by Reebdoog the Blind and taken up most of the town's treasury and all of its stone supplies.
No there has been something nagging away at the back of my mind about it for years. Years.
But I worked out what it is. The Terathans have a fortified keep, with battlements, earthworks, choke points and all kinds of bad ass stuff. The Ophidians, who are winning, have a ruined shack in the desert.
A ruined shack....
And the Terathans share their keep with a whole army of bad ass monsters (by t2a time standards) like balrons, nightmares and dragons. Couldn't they go down to the basement and say " Dudes there's like totally hundreds of guys from a masonic serpentine penis worshipping cult* at the door, can you come upstairs for a minute?"
The Ophidians have a ruined dressing table and a smashed up bed.
So what gives? How can they be winning? What are they so angry about?
And shouldn't the Ophidians have the keep and the weaker Terathans be living like bums in the desert?
The official story is something like "crazy wizard.. blah blah.. army... blah....world domination..magic...". The best I could think of was the Ophidian matriarchs were away for the weekend and the apprentice shamen threw a party and the Terathans turned up drunk and univited and everything went to ****.
Any thoughts?

*that's my theory anyway.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was lying in the bath listening to pysbient music and thinking about things and I got to wondering; the Ophidian and Terathan war, what is that all about?
It isn't that they are enemies. They must have been for a long time. The governor of Delucia felt it was important enough at some time to commission a crappy mural of it that seems to have been made by Reebdoog the Blind and taken up most of the town's treasury and all of its stone supplies.
No there has been something nagging away at the back of my mind about it for years. Years.
But I worked out what it is. The Terathans have a fortified keep, with battlements, earthworks, choke points and all kinds of bad ass stuff. The Ophidians, who are winning, have a ruined shack in the desert.
A ruined shack....
And the Terathans share their keep with a whole army of bad ass monsters (by t2a time standards) like balrons, nightmares and dragons. Couldn't they go down to the basement and say " Dudes there's like totally hundreds of guys from a masonic serpentine penis worshipping cult* at the door, can you come upstairs for a minute?"
The Ophidians have a ruined dressing table and a smashed up bed.
So what gives? How can they be winning? What are they so angry about?
And shouldn't the Ophidians have the keep and the weaker Terathans be living like bums in the desert?
The official story is something like "crazy wizard.. blah blah.. army... blah....world domination..magic...". The best I could think of was the Ophidian matriarchs were away for the weekend and the apprentice shamen threw a party and the Terathans turned up drunk and univited and everything went to ****.
Any thoughts?

*that's my theory anyway.
Posts like this make me wish they would add in more in game lore, in books, stuff like that. Of course that rivalry seems like it could be part of an ongoing faction war players could get involved in if they ever revamp teth keep. Could toss the snakes a bone and give them a dungeon area too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Posts like this make me wish they would add in more in game lore, in books, stuff like that. Of course that rivalry seems like it could be part of an ongoing faction war players could get involved in if they ever revamp teth keep. Could toss the snakes a bone and give them a dungeon area too.
I've always thought that.... as well as now that Blackthorns Keep is no longer in Ilsh they could put the Vanguard there.. give them a small city or town.... giving people the ability to fight them again and a place to tame Dread Warhorses again.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure where this was headed, but I did learn a new word today :p Had to look up pysbient lol :gee::dunce:
now i had to go look it up.
not bad, laying in a tub listening to this would be like sensory deprivation chamber i would think, but i can get behind that.
now i kinda wanna go lay in the tub and listen to this mix i found.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
The Ophidian Temple is just a manhole cover on a vast snake empire of interconnected holes, and tunnels underground. The Ophidian Queen dwells down there in a hideous chamber chiseled out of nightmares and crystalline black rock spires. If you get too close to the vents of this lair, the ophidians of all ranks will come to it's defense.

Really, that sorry looking Temple is just an elaborate front for the Ophidian Empire that we think we've defeated...but the snakes are down breeding and arming new soldiers. In the darkness they bide their time. Not one day goes by that the Ophidians do not feed on the dreadful powers of black rock, becoming stronger, more malevolent toward their enemies. One day they will reclaim the glory and power that they held before explorers from Britannia and stole their land.