• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Opening corpse - reveals?

Rhomulus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am returning after a very long break from my thief... I started a new char on Atlantic. One thing I noticed that is different is now you get revealed when opening any corpse. I am just trying to confirm this was changed because I am not part of the thief guild yet but I doubt that is it.

Can anyone shed light on this one for me.

Thanks

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If someone else, or someone not in your pardy kills the monster then you get revealed if looting a item OR opening the corpse. If you kill it or someone in your pardy does, your not revealed if OPENING the corpse. If you remove a item reguardless of who kills it, you get revealed.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs hate stealthers. Pretty much *everything* reveals you now.

Lame.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may open and loot your own corpse without being revealed.
You may open the corpse of a player or monster you have killed without being revealed, but looting it will reveal you.
You will be revealed when opening the corpse of someone else's kill.

It has been that way for some years now. There is no evidence that the Devs hate any particular player type, with the possible exception of Trolls.

Rhomulus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the replies everyone... I do remember the good old days or being able to at least open a corpse to browse. It is also sad that you now get flagged on looting corpses that have turned to bones. I really don't understand why they changed any of this after they implemented insurance since there is really nothing to steal or loot off corpses/bones anyway, well except pots, aids, petals and apples. ;)

Anyway thanks again for the replies...

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They don't hate stealthers. Just proper thieves. :p

But, between ninjitsu, smoke bombs, and passive-stealth...its easier than it ever was in the old days. :p

"1...2...3...4....wait am I on step 5 or 6 now?...Ah hell."