• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Open Corpses

• Thread starter StifledArgument
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

StifledArgument

Howdy.

I did some searches so please don't rip me a new one on this.

I have tried the target nearest object, delay, target next object. I had to do this due to the devs breaking CTRL+Shift (my mainstay for double clicking corpses).

However, when I use this: A. The corpses don't open B. They cycle through only the 1st 1 or 2 bodies max. I have tried spamming it moving around, but no matter what, I have to find the corpse (past 2 corpses) and double click. I am sure some people will say, "So what?" However, for those that have ever farmed Corrosive Slimes, my eyes are bleeding from trying to find them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

D

Diggity

I think all you are missing is the use targeted object action after each of the nearest/next target selects. This is what does the double click on the selected target.

If your macro is only the select nearest and select next, that would explain why you only get 2 corpses. I find it easier to just hotkey select nearest object, select next object and use selected object actions. Then I just have to spam those keys to open objects - works for opening stuff in your house too - without dealing with the delays needed for a longer macro.

S

StifledArgument

That does seem to help, at least the corpses open. My only flaw now is that despite non-repeating they won't let you right click to loot, but I guess you can't have everything!

Thank you so much for your help!

J

[JD]

Hi, looting in the EC has always been a problem. Can anyone help me with this macro, I tried

target nearest object
delay 1.0
target next object
delay 1.0
use targeted object

I tried switching them around to no avail

Can anyone post the EXACT macro steps needed to get this to work?

Thanks

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hi, looting in the EC has always been a problem. Can anyone help me with this macro, I tried

target nearest object
delay 1.0
target next object
delay 1.0
use targeted object

I tried switching them around to no avail

Can anyone post the EXACT macro steps needed to get this to work?

Thanks
put a "use targeted object" just before each delay

E

eekamouse

Not to be a broken record. They really need to add in auto-open corpses to both clients, where if a corpse dies within 2 or 3 tiles from you, it auto opens.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I agree, with that said I believe in the CC there is a coding issue that makes it very hard to do along with right click looting.... and if they put it in the EC people would start calling foul because the CC cant do it....
not taking sides but I remember a dev a while back commenting on the issue..

E

eekamouse

I agree, with that said I believe in the CC there is a coding issue that makes it very hard to do along with right click looting.... and if they put it in the EC people would start calling foul because the CC cant do it....
not taking sides but I remember a dev a while back commenting on the issue..
In risk in being modded.... It's possible in the CC... Trust me ;)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you use the Ec you Can make a macro to open them...and I never said it was impossible..

E

eekamouse

if you use the Ec you Can make a macro to open them...and I never said it was impossible..
The script that's possible in the EC does not work all that great. Anyway.... dead horse flogged imo ;)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the object handles overlay each other I right click the top ones to get rid of them so I can get to the ones underneath.

Often when trying to get to swoop's corpse using the object handles there's a 'blood' handle and sometimes a 'blood smear' handle as well that have to be right clicked away to get to the swoop corpse handle.

E

eekamouse

If anything it would be nice if "Blood" didn't show up as an object handle, and also was ignored when you did Next Object Target.

F

Fink

If anything it would be nice if "Blood" didn't show up as an object handle, and also was ignored when you did Next Object Target.
I think anything you can't use, pick up, or otherwise interact with should be ignored. And if it's something you can only use, and you need to be near it to use it, and you're not near enough, then it should be filtered out too.

I wouldn't want an automatic corpse opener. I think that could be disruptive to several of my playstyles. It would be especially irritating when sailing. A way of opening all corpses within reach would be good, a command that can be hotkeyed rather than hardwired to a key like object handles were.

E

eekamouse

I wouldn't want an automatic corpse opener. I think that could be disruptive to several of my playstyles.
Agreed. It should be a configurable option.

I would LOVE it when doing a mini-champ or champ spawn. But, I would probably turn it off on the last level of a champ spawn, when I'm more focused on getting the boss to spawn.