• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

open a corpse on the same place

D

Der Rock

i know u could change something in the uo.cfg folder
so if u open a corpse the bag opend always on the same place on screen
anyone remember how?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you mean the "offset gump" option? Here:

OffsetGumps=off

In my cfg file it's below "HoldTabForCombat=off".

I think it can also be changed in the client, Options -> first tab on the right -> 4th option (offest interface window rather than perfectly stacking them). But I did not test this.

D

Der Rock

Do you mean the "offset gump" option? Here:

OffsetGumps=off

In my cfg file it's below "HoldTabForCombat=off".

I think it can also be changed in the client, Options -> first tab on the right -> 4th option (offest interface window rather than perfectly stacking them). But I did not test this.
will try that, thx :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll always end up with the bag opening at the top right corner of your play window, what I do to make this more convenient is to not play full screen but drag my play window so that it takes up half my monitor space, width-wise. That makes for a lot less dragging (and also I can browse the internet on the right hand side of the screen :)).

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll always end up with the bag opening at the top right corner of your play window, what I do to make this more convenient is to not play full screen but drag my play window so that it takes up half my monitor space, width-wise. That makes for a lot less dragging (and also I can browse the internet on the right hand side of the screen :)).
Yes, it makes for a lot less dragging. I play full screen or 3/4 screen width-wise, but use big window (now that's a term people have not used for a long time!). I position my backpack/loot bag gump immediately below where the corpse gump would appear, minimal dragging makes for quick looting :D

Hmmm...maybe we should compile a list of all the tips and tricks we use into 1 thread.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it makes for a lot less dragging. I play full screen or 3/4 screen width-wise, but use big window (now that's a term people have not used for a long time!). I position my backpack/loot bag gump immediately below where the corpse gump would appear, minimal dragging makes for quick looting :D

Hmmm...maybe we should compile a list of all the tips and tricks we use into 1 thread.
Ooh I do the same thing! Especially for when I'm out gathering bone piles from shadow wisps. I can drop them right into the bag and then turn them into usable bone with the UOA recycle option.

It's also handy to do it this way when you camp idocs (have a backpack on your person for loot underneath where the chest gump will be).