• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement (OOC INFO) The Trial Against Lady Amandine, trial mechanics and signup criteria.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Been doing some math, and if I'm doing the numbers right Bennu has built a lot of unpredictability into this.

So, I wouldn't be too sure what might happen. There's a fair amount of combinations.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Today, you are the law. Not some book, not the lawyers, not the marble statues, or the trappings of the court. Those are just symbols of our desire to be just. They are, they are in fact, a prayer. A fervent and a frightened prayer. And my religion, we say act as if you have faith, and faith will be given to you. If. If we are to have faith in justice, we need only to believe in ourselves. If we act with Justice, then I believe there is Justice in our hearts.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can't handle the truth. Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with swords. Who's gonna do it? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty, we use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Real talk for a second, if anyone thinks I'm actually going to PAY people to vote a certain way, you are a moron. Sorry to be harsh, but I don't like being INSULTED in game.

In fact, I doubt ANYNOE votes guilty. I mean really? Who is going to help get rid of our MAIN EM character? It just isnt going to happen, no matter how you want to roleplay it.
Hey man, If its what i said above, i didn't mean anything by it. But if someone actually came up to you ingame and started accusing you of this, well remind them this is JUST roleplaying. Nothing else, nothing more. If i have offended you, then I apologize bro.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey man, If its what i said above, i didn't mean anything by it. But if someone actually came up to you ingame and started accusing you of this, well remind them this is JUST roleplaying. Nothing else, nothing more. If i have offended you, then I apologize bro.

lol no Alexander, it wasn't you. Someone tried picking a fight in game, they know who they are.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bennu, are the members of the Jury able to ask Lord Dupre a question or two? I just wanted to ask because i didn't see his name on the list and was wondering if he will be able to be questioned on the day of the trial.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bennu, are the members of the Jury able to ask Lord Dupre a question or two? I just wanted to ask because i didn't see his name on the list and was wondering if he will be able to be questioned on the day of the trial.
Alex, don't think so. But the Judge might.

The facts are not really in dispute in this case, only the context and legalities of those facts.

Should be some interesting arguments.

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This whole thread is hilariously fun. Sadly, I can't make the trial. Hopefully someone will record it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
ooc time :)

I know what it's like to sit in the defense chair. I can't help but think EM Bennu has those same feelings of apprehension and nervouness as one of his main fictional creations hears the verdicts, and her fate hangs in the balance. Hang in there.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great job everyone! That was fun! :D

Kinda torn about how I should be feeling though...

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Bennu, that was a blast :) all i can say is that next time, if there is one, i'll come better with a better case... of explosion potions of the jury :)

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After the trial... Someone told me plots were being made to assassinate the Jury for our decision.

:eyes:

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Although, i wish Lady Danica wasn't forced to resign. That leaves the Knights leaderless, Lady Danica heart broken, and us Knights torn apart. I was, i think, the only Juror in favor of keeping her. AND IF ANYONE... proposes that Lord Dupre be leader of the Knights... I'm gonna virtually smack you in-game LOL. But seriously, now we need to elect a new leader for the Knights. Before we have another outbreak of Civil War.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fact, I doubt ANYNOE votes guilty. I mean really? Who is going to help get rid of our MAIN EM character? It just isnt going to happen, no matter how you want to roleplay it.
Wanna guess again? lol, i just had to post this.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The trial had proved to be a long, but pleasing process. Solus decided to walk back to Britain from the court, but along the way had noticed a group of people had started following him. "Can this day get any better?" he thought to himself. When he was sure it was only him and the small group, he turned around and yelled out "How can I help you?". A young man stepped forward with a drawn sword "You corrupted that jury!!". Solus laughed as he knew he had done no such thing, the pieces had merely fallen perfectly in place. "What do you plan to do about it?" he responded. The man rushed him, but quickly fell to the ground. This was a group of mere peasants, and they could not match the reflexes of a knight. Solus stood there smiling, blood dripping from his blade, the man had not even seen it be drawn. The crowd looked uneasy seeing their comrade so easily dispatched. They looked at eachother with nervousness, but one by one they decided to tempt fate.They rushed him, but alas, one by one they each fell to their demise. One remained, on her knees, badly injured. Solus walked up to her, and put the blade of his sword against her neck. "If you want to fight so badly, why not fight for me instead?" The woman looked up at him and spit. "Ah, the answer I was hoping for" Solus said as he sliced her neck. He looked down at all of the bodies that lay around him. "The reports will show that a band of brigands attacked these poor people and unfortunately I was too late" Solus thought to himself. Solus let out a hearty laugh, and started his journey again with a big smile on his face towards Britain.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The trial had proved to be a long, but pleasing process. Solus decided to walk back to Britain from the court, but along the way had noticed a group of people had started following him. "Can this day get any better?" he thought to himself. When he was sure it was only him and the small group, he turned around and yelled out "How can I help you?". A young man stepped forward with a drawn sword "You corrupted that jury!!". Solus laughed as he knew he had done no such thing, the pieces had merely fallen perfectly in place. "What do you plan to do about it?" he responded. The man rushed him, but quickly fell to the ground. This was a group of mere peasants, and they could not match the reflexes of a knight. Solus stood there smiling, blood dripping from his blade, the man had not even seen it be drawn. The crowd looked uneasy seeing their comrade so easily dispatched. They looked at eachother with nervousness, but one by one they decided to tempt fate.They rushed him, but alas, one by one they each fell to their demise. One remained, on her knees, badly injured. Solus walked up to her, and put the blade of his sword against her neck. "If you want to fight so badly, why not fight for me instead?" The woman looked up at him and spit. "Ah, the answer I was hoping for" Solus said as he sliced her neck. He looked down at all of the bodies that lay around him. "The reports will show that a band of brigands attacked these poor people and unfortunately I was too late" Solus thought to himself. Solus let out a hearty laugh, and started his journey again with a big smile on his face towards Britain.
LOL... somehow.. with every post you make... you surprise me even more lol.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said what I did here in jest. Just so you dont think Im hunting you down!

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Silence.... Strange how silence can be so deafening, Queen Arya thinks as she wanders the halls of the Jhelom offices of the Crux more than likely for the last time.
Unless its for Danica's funeral, or my own. Will they even know to give a proper Knights ceremony?

When did these Knights get so soft? Had to be when they discovered the Trammel facet.

If I had only known, I would have told Danica to leave the corpse for the buzzards. Hmmm that is also a fitting end to Solus, the prosecution and several of the jurors.

Well this outcome may be a blessing in disguise. Now Danica doesn't have to hold herself in check or answer to some pansy A$$ Lord of the crown.

I do believe its time for the evil side to make its appearance. The Girl Scout needs a rest

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank... without passion, we'd be truly dead.

-----------------------------------------

Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does.

So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that.

It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

----------------------------------------------------------

keel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to follow a post like that, but I can assure ye of surely deaf ears that the jury (at least the entire jury) was in no one's pocket. This was not a scripted jury, we were not fed lines, and though there was a posted offer of compensation for swaying the votes, there was no active pursuit of those of us who took the stand.

We all made history, folks. Emotion was there, right down to the wire, and our actions surprised even Bennu. Roleplaying at its finest; I know many of us were on the edge of our seat as the verdict came around. I know I was.

Though I have a fancy sash that declares I've spent some time in the Crux, a number of you have argued against letting those who didn't know Danica take the stand. It is the PURPOSE of the jury to make UNBIASED decisions based upon the facts presented in court. If someone on the stand did not know Danica, they are better for it; not having known her means they could go in tabula rasa, free from memories of her former deeds, and judge her according to the matter for which she was on trial.

Danica was a good leader, and a good person, but she succumbed to her fury; this made her unfit to rule what should be the standard of virtue throughout the land. You can't have a tempestuous figurehead for an order that champions the virtues. The Lady Amandine has been forced to endure many trials, some more personal and cutting than others, and for that I am remorseful. From what I've known of her, she has been a good person. But even the best of us slip. It is the mark of a true friend to not simply ignore our misgivings...that will only prove harmful in the end. A true friend will instead help us through these darkest of days, and provide the hand that lifts us back to our feet after we've fallen.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though I have a fancy sash that declares I've spent some time in the Crux, a number of you have argued against letting those who didn't know Danica take the stand. It is the PURPOSE of the jury to make UNBIASED decisions based upon the facts presented in court. If someone on the stand did not know Danica, they are better for it; not having known her means they could go in tabula rasa, free from memories of her former deeds, and judge her according to the matter for which she was on trial.
To add to that, it is the same in real life. The jury is meant to be unbiased to ensure fairness. Such as how in a highly publicized case, where everyone may have a predetermined opinion, they can request a change of venue so that they may get a jury who knows nothing of the accused, nothing of the defendants, nothing of the case, and have no biased opinion to influence their vote.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I will agree the sentencing was quite a shock. I assumed the most severe one the jury would hand down was the censure option. It will be different without her at the helm, but The Crux will live on, it is bigger than anyone one person. As I went about my business today I could not help but think she now has multiple paths she can choose now.... She can remain as she is. She can realize her mistakes and return to who she was internally. OR..... Well, we know her sister was a piece of work and wreaked havoc across the Realm.. last I knew she was "inside" Danica somewhere *shudders* I can only imagine the horror that would be unleashed if Danica now went over to the dark side.... UGHHHHHHHH!!

Or any of the possible hundreds of options in Bennu's head, as always it will be fun to see what direction he (and we) go from here.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will agree the sentencing was quite a shock. I assumed the most severe one the jury would hand down was the censure option. It will be different without her at the helm, but The Crux will live on, it is bigger than anyone one person. As I went about my business today I could not help but think she now has multiple paths she can choose now.... She can remain as she is. She can realize her mistakes and return to who she was internally. OR..... Well, we know her sister was a piece of work and wreaked havoc across the Realm.. last I knew she was "inside" Danica somewhere *shudders* I can only imagine the horror that would be unleashed if Danica now went over to the dark side.... UGHHHHHHHH!!

Or any of the possible hundreds of options in Bennu's head, as always it will be fun to see what direction he (and we) go from here.

oooo I would love if Danica went evil and we got to kill her!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
oooo I would love if Danica went evil and we got to kill her!
lol

I dunno man... we had a hard enough of a time with the Demon that had taken over her sister. Danica would be a HARD one to catch and knock off... she taught us our tactics ya know. She could probably successfully kill us for years and years :p

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe we'll have an exorcism to extract her sister's soul from Danica, so we can kill her sister again and restore Danica.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe we'll have an exorcism to extract her sister's soul from Danica, so we can kill her sister again and restore Danica.
Doh'

That wouldda been a great defense! She did not start with the "ends justify the means" until after her sister merged with her, if I am remembering correctly. Ugh, can't believe none of us thought about that. Day late tho :(

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well after the trial, Bennu DID say he doesn't know where to go now... but like Kylie said... there are many things that could happen:

1) Danica just lives life as it is... be a normal peasant working for food, eat, sleep and be sad about what happened in the past.

2) Danica can become a spy and work on her own and prove her loyalty to the Crown again and maybe one day become leader of the Crux again...

3) Be enraged with anger at her Knights and her sister tempts her until Danica gives, causing havoc and chaos throughout sosaria.

4) a simple re-trial.. say we have covered new evidence about her sister taking control of danica's mind causing her to do actions that she wasn't in control of. With this, a simple "exorcism" can be done, bring the demon out, kill it and see what happens with Danica.. if she is able, put her on trial again and see if she is capable of Leading the Knights once and for all.

I say all this because im at lost for words too, I dont know ANYONE that could fill Danica's role as Leader... and if someone offered up Dupre.. like i said in the post above... I will commit murder.. :)
jk lol

M

Merci d'Rue

Random acts of chaos are lifes little treasures. Nightshade Juror #2 here, and I had a blast. I think I can agree with Bennu, one of the best things that came out of this was the unity one felt, the interaction of a community coming together and roleplaying together.

The trial inspired me and I hope it inspires all of you. I know not many of you know me, or my character Nightshade, but for a moment we were all part of one grand design.

Thankyou all!

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
From all the comments, I have an idea of the outcome. I'm sorry I missed it, but I was unable to attend. Is there a report or transcript of the trial so I can read up on Danica's statements. It sounds like she mentioned information that would be good for the ongoing investigation of the rings.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From all the comments, I have an idea of the outcome. I'm sorry I missed it, but I was unable to attend. Is there a report or transcript of the trial so I can read up on Danica's statements. It sounds like she mentioned information that would be good for the ongoing investigation of the rings.
Sono, I'll have to talk to Kylie to see who's covering what, because we're both a bit behind on our reports at the moment. I'm pretty sure I have less to do than him though, so I'll probably be the one writing it. If that's the case, it'll be up after I finish my report on last Sunday's event, which got pushed aside as a result of the trial.