• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement (OOC INFO) The Trial Against Lady Amandine, trial mechanics and signup criteria.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The case against Lady Amandine has finally come to a head after her being in jail for two months. Dupre's charges against her are not in dispute, although the legal, moral and political implications are a matter of hot debate. This knights trial will be judged by a simple majority, NOT by unanimous vote.

Trial Members:

Judge: EM Tiberies

Prosecutor #1: PLAYER
Prosecutor #2: PLAYER
Defender #1: PLAYER
Defender #2: PLAYER
Juror #1: PLAYER
Juror #2: PLAYER
Juror #3: PLAYER
Juror #4: PLAYER
Juror #5: PLAYER
Juror #6: PLAYER
Juror #7: PLAYER

Lord Dupre will discuss the charges against the defendant before she is brought in.
The Judge will address Lady Amandine.
Prosecutor #1 will have 10 min to bring his/her case against the defendant, with an additional SMALL period of Q&A.
Prosecutor #2 will have 10 min to bring his/her case against the defendant, with an additional SMALL period of Q&A.
Defender #1 will then have 10 min to bring forth his/her defense for the defendant, with an additional SMALL period of Q&A.
Defender #2 will then have 10 min to bring forth his/her defense for the defendant, with an additional SMALL period of Q&A.

Once the case has been fully defended/prosecuted, each of the Jurors will have the opportunity to ask 3 questions each. These questions can be directed at Lady Amandine, the Judge, the Prosecutors, or to the Defense.

The Judge will then have a small period of Q&A.

Lady Amandine will speak.

The Judge will ask each of the jurors the following Questions/Charges:

#1: Did Lady Amandine commit unlawful murder, or was it a just killing under the protection of Martial Law?
#2: Were the actions of Lady Amandine immoral, and unbecoming of an officer of the Knights of the Crux Ansata?
#3: Have the actions of Lady Amandine damaged her standing within the Crux Ansata and in Britannia as a whole?
#4: Is Lady Amandine still fit to lead the Knights of the Crux Ansata?

Upon a not guilty verdict, the defendant will be dismissed and free to go.

Upon a guilty verdict on one (or more) of the four charges/questions the each of the jurors will be given the option of one of these four punishments.

#1: Death, public execution, entire Amandine estate given to Reddish's two brothers.
#2: Retirement, permanent retirement and removal from the Knights of the Crux Ansata, and reparations paid to Reddish's brothers.
#3: Censure, public condemnation of her actions by the Crux Ansata and possible demotion, and reparations paid to Reddish's brothers.
#4: Reprimand, public apology and reparations paid to Reddish's brothers.

------------------

We have 11 spaces for player participants in this trial.

To sign up, you will need to send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

#1: Your character's name.
#2: Verify you are available for at least 3 hours starting at Thursday July 19th, 2012 @ 8:30pm EST and will not be late.
#3: Your choice of positions in order of desire. This is NOT a guarantee.
#4: The ability of your character/yourself to fulfill the role appointed, even if it is contrary to your own opinion.

IMPORTANT: Signups will open at 8:30pm EST on July 18th (24 hours before the trial starts), any emails received before this date/time will be ignored.

Positions will be filled at EM's discretion based on email TIME STAMP starting at 8:30pm EST on the 18th.

Those not chosen will be in the audience, as this will be a public trial.

Fiction will be released prior to the trial.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! Sadly I can't guarantee I'd have 10 uninterrupted minutes to present any sort of case... :p

Maybe I'll sign up for juror... We'll see.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, so... words cant express my excitement. This is the only appropriate emoticon I could find::danceb:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! Sadly I can't guarantee I'd have 10 uninterrupted minutes to present any sort of case... :p

Maybe I'll sign up for juror... We'll see.
The 10 min limit is more of a maximum, so that this trial doesn't last 5 or 6 hours like trials have on previous shards.

Tiberies and I are going to try our hardest to have this take no longer than an hour and a half, we will be very strict with time limits.

a 5 hour trial would be no fun for anyone.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Judge will be my character Viscount Raymond of Minoc, whom you all met during the "The Awakening: Night of the Mutilator" event.

He is uniquely qualified to judge this matter because he is an old knight with years of experience both at field-fighting (you may or may not have noticed him right in the thick of the battles at the mines against the minions of the Mutilator, doing damage right along with you all) and government/public administration, yet is also considered a man of the people and a champion of their cause. He also has a reputation for fairness and has pledged to, if Lady Danica is to be executed, volunteer to do the deed himself, even if he disagrees with the verdict.

He follows the old ways and believes that the Knight who kills through others soon forgets what death is.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Cool!!!!

Not sure what my work schedule will be because it has been "one arm drummer" kinda busy (to keep with Tib's Metalmania themes lol). Seriously hope I will be around :D

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Somewhere in the near future I hear a courtroom Sing out in amazement as they are dazzled by a brilliant defense team

The song goes something like this.... Here comes the Judge... here comes the judge... order in the courtroom ... here comes the judge

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well young one, I have been around. However I am always in the shadows lurking, watching and gathering tidbits of information here and there.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont worry everyone, this shall play by the end of the trial

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well young one, I have been around. However I am always in the shadows lurking, watching and gathering tidbits of information here and there.
And using those tidbits to weave fantastical tales which you try to pass off a truth?

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The court room is a big place, so those who switches back and forth in both clients at times, remember the enhanced client can zoom out, so you can sit in the back and see the entire courtroom. While classic has it's little window and more than likely all be bunched up in front.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you know what amazing creatures ants are? how do they know to follow the same line going to and coming from some secret destination

o wait...... am I bored waiting on trial info and the 8:30 pm post time- taps fingers.... paces

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to let anyone who is going to become a juror something: I have a great opportunity to make gold for you. Just PM me for more info

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to let anyone who is going to become a juror something: I have a great opportunity to make gold for you. Just PM me for more info
*sighs*

Isn't bribing the jury a crime?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
lol

I seriously hope he does not use that old AOL deal. He is gonna get tired of hearing "You've got mail" if he does. hehe

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bennu I checked my sent folder-it says 8:30 PM eastern-how long before a reponse-I really need to prepare

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timestamp on mine is a minute behind my clock... Boo. I hope it still counts :)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
isn't there a 5 min give or take option somewhere

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, any jurors, I have a great money opportunity.

20m Per Juror, for more details PM me

Devola

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Just returned to UO. I have no idea what the current storyline is for the events, but I hope my application for juror gets accepted. It has been so long since I have been involved in some UO roleplaying! *crosses fingers*

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Devola- Read the posts on this site. It should bring you somewhat up to date. It is alot of reading

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sent email right at 8:30 eastern. And Promathia, what are you getting at? lol

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still some slots open, and my spam folder is empty.

Just sent out 'confirmations' to those that I have emails from, if you didnt get a confirmation yet. Email me again.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Private message me my friend, you will have the opportunity to make lots of gold.
My friend, as tempting as that sounds. I have sworn to be as honest and an open heart in the trial as i can be. Gold is an item in this game which can be obtained so easily, trust and friendship is something hard to obtain once you betrayed so many. :)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*wears his new juror badge*

I figured if I tried to be a prosecutor, it might ruin my reputation in the future if things don't go as I hope...

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wears his new juror badge*

I figured if I tried to be a prosecutor, it might ruin my reputation in the future if things don't go as I hope...
Oh lord, are you serious? Poor Nythrax won't get his wish then. :p

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Real talk for a second, if anyone thinks I'm actually going to PAY people to vote a certain way, you are a moron. Sorry to be harsh, but I don't like being INSULTED in game.

In fact, I doubt ANYNOE votes guilty. I mean really? Who is going to help get rid of our MAIN EM character? It just isnt going to happen, no matter how you want to roleplay it.