• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OOC: Chesapeake Role Playing Community: Please read

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the great PVMers and Role-Players of this server, and no one has any comments on this? I find that highly surprising!! I am welcoming all comments/concerns/questions/etc...

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It sounds good to be honest. I am currently swamped at work and my wife is (Lady Laurel) is having surgery on Tuesday so I have a full plate currently. I am looking forward to seeing what happens and it may jump start me back into game. I know Oz would want us to continue but to be honest, he was the one that kept me playing long after I would have taken a break. Summer is ending and I am hoping that SoTA will lose its hold on many and they will come back as well. When I do start up again regularly, I am hoping that there will be more playing otherwise y'all may have to teach this old dog to PvP to keep me in game.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess I should say something, too, considering my earlier post stating my current intentions. And perhaps it would be best to share why I've hung around UO as long as I have.

When I first met Mike/Ozog, I had just given away a large furnished house in New Magincia. I was set on quitting, since the direction of UO over the years had effectively made my favorite profession obsolete and I'd given up hope that things would ever change in that department. Then I met Mike, who immediately invited me to come live with the goblins on Pitmuck Island. I thought it over and decided to give it a try... and shortly after the move to Pitmuck, Icky Rotblossom was born.

Playing a goblin was a unique experience, but the best part was the genuine friendship Mike and I forged over the last few years. I don't think a day ever went by without one or more long phone conversations. When we weren't talking about pets, politics, or grandchildren, we occasionally shared our frustrations with UO in general, including my own sense of uselessness in the game. He always understood. He even told me that I shouldn't feel badly if I ever decided to take a break or even quit. He would tell me, "It's just a game." I didn't quit, obviously, although there were many days when I would log in to play when I didn't feel like it because I wanted to be there to support him. He was my best buddy, and I didn't like to feel I was letting him down.

I am very fond of everyone we played with. Always will be. Still, during the months that have passed since Mike's departure from this world, I've come to realize that he was the glue - indeed, the cement - that kept me so firmly attached to UO far beyond the time I thought I should leave.

I was a goblin because of Mike. It may sound silly or foolish, but that part of my psyche feels like it died with him. I've tried to talk myself into keeping on, but every time I log into the Pitmuck playground, the depression kicks in again, hard.

I will have a character in attendance when Ozog's memorial is placed. Also, Phoenix has assured me that she will take over and preserve the playground. For now, at least, I know I need to take a break... and I think Mike would approve.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ozog will never be replaced. He had an ability, and a passion for connecting with everyone. Something that is very rare in todays gaming atmosphere. He was there everytime I left and came back. This last time he kept asking me to come play w/ the goblins, and I kept putting him off. Finally, i agreed to join him for some goblin fun, but I had to wait till the end of the week. I was really looking forward to it. And then news broke of his passing, it was a huge loss, and a real sorrow for putting him off time and time again. It was because of my promise to him to RP, and Amitlu's idea for governor, for me to dabble in the RP community. However, the majority of the RP community took a break / quit with Ozog's passing, and many others weren't welcoming to a PvP joining "their" part of the game. Now that I'm busy with work I've left the PvP and RP communities. Life after UO.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always willing to teach PVP or help out others that want to learn/brush up/watch PVP. I remember when we had a stratics reporter go to every fight we had so we didn't have to waste time mid fight taking pics and videos. Those were the good ol' days!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Always willing to teach PVP or help out others that want to learn/brush up/watch PVP. I remember when we had a stratics reporter go to every fight we had so we didn't have to waste time mid fight taking pics and videos. Those were the good ol' days!!
That was when I could play Ultima Online while working and be on 24/7 :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if I made it into the Chessy role-playing circle. I got a Governor Spot and Keep on Legends. That lured me away from Chessy. Then I have a half finished character on Siege. Then I got sidetracked by STO: time travel, killing Klingons, and Ship to Ship PvP (which is pretty fun). There nothing quite like smashing through another player's shields, and lighting them up like the 4th of July.:devil: It's F2P