• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Onslaught + Consecrate Weapon

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does onsalught and consecrate weapon stacks? Just tried it on few mobs and I did now saw any difference.

What order I should do it to stack.. or do they stack at all?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They do not stack. Onslaught considers the elemental damage of your weapon, ignoring consecrate weapon.
So if you have a 100% physical weapon, the mob has low fire resist and you use onslaught, it's physical resist will be dropped by 20 regardless of you having consecrate weapon active or not. Do note that this drop in the monster resist might be enough for physical to be the monster lowest resist, so you double strikes might cause a bit more damage than they were doing, but it wouldn't be as much as if you were using a 100% fire weapon.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I did some testing with this a while back, and I can definitely confirm that your weapon doesn't need to be 100% (to continue the example) fire to reduce fire. Onslaught doesn't scale, so if you have a iron double axe, and you enhance with bronze, to get 60/40 physical/fire, and you're fighting something with lowest resist of fire, when you do an onslaught the entire resist reduction gets applied to fire. Then when you do your CW 100% gets applied to fire, and you do huge piles of damage.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
From when I remember trying, it was whatever resist was 'last' in the list as we think of the list in the order of the character sheet. So if you had a weapon that was valorite (40/10/20/10/20) it will reduce the ENERGY. I'm not sure I really did test with multiple resist weapons, but I know it works for 60/40 bronze weapons, and I'm certain it works for 80/20 shadow weapons, because my weapon of choice for Balron farming in BT is a 'plain' scimitar enhanced with shadow, and I use the Onslaight + CW combo all the time. I'm pretty sure I've tested with agapite too.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Seems that poison can't be gotten in this way, as nothing gives poison without also giving energy, but the offshoot is that I guess poison is the only one you have to craft by reforge.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From when I remember trying, it was whatever resist was 'last' in the list as we think of the list in the order of the character sheet. So if you had a weapon that was valorite (40/10/20/10/20) it will reduce the ENERGY. I'm not sure I really did test with multiple resist weapons, but I know it works for 60/40 bronze weapons, and I'm certain it works for 80/20 shadow weapons, because my weapon of choice for Balron farming in BT is a 'plain' scimitar enhanced with shadow, and I use the Onslaight + CW combo all the time. I'm pretty sure I've tested with agapite too.
Can somebody confirm this?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems that poison can't be gotten in this way, as nothing gives poison without also giving energy, but the offshoot is that I guess poison is the only one you have to craft by reforge.
But 100% fire wepon still makes more damage than 60/40 fire weapon for low fire recist enemies.. so elemental 100% still best?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
But 100% fire wepon still makes more damage than 60/40 fire weapon for low fire recist enemies.. so elemental 100% still best?
The point I was trying to make is that 100% Fire + Onslaught = 60phy/40fire + Onslaught + CW. In theory the 100% fire weapon can do slightly better because the need to cast CW in the mix can cause you to not be able to do a DS, but if your timing is good, this should not be an issue.